The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

reading AI airspeed

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
aerogator

reading AI airspeed

Post by aerogator »

Hey guys, When I use the Shift/Z function to view ai parameters, the airspeed show as '0'. Should it show the airspeed of the a/c? And if so, how do I activate that feature? If not, is there a way to view the airspeed of a AI aircraft. It would be particularly useful when setting flap deployments. :)

Thanks,
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

If you are talking about monitoring the ai in flight and wanting to be able to track the airspeed, try using Traffic View Board. It will give a constantly updated speed (IAS and TAS). Hope that is helpful.

Ron
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Re: reading AI airspeed

Post by mikewmac »

aerogator wrote:Hey guys, When I use the Shift/Z function to view ai parameters, the airspeed show as '0'. Should it show the airspeed of the a/c? And if so, how do I activate that feature? If not, is there a way to view the airspeed of a AI aircraft. It would be particularly useful when setting flap deployments. :)

Thanks,
Jake,

The airspeed at the top of the FS9 window activated by Shift/Z will read 0 KIAS when you are following an AI with Traffic View Board (TVB) since the invisible user aircraft that TVB superimposes into the AI is actually traveling at 0 KIAS. :(

Fortunately, as Ron indicates, you can use the TVB window itself to switch to a Flight Information window for the AI that you are following that gives you KIAS, KTAS, Hdg, Alt, FS9 time and other useful flight information. :)

Mike
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Well, I guess I should have realized that the a/c the sim is reading in TVB would have o airspeed :oops: . But now I'm looking at fs using TVB and see no option for airspeed. What am I missing? I can't find any readme that might have come with the program.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

aerogator wrote:Well, I guess I should have realized that the a/c the sim is reading in TVB would have o airspeed :oops: . But now I'm looking at fs using TVB and see no option for airspeed. What am I missing? I can't find any readme that might have come with the program.
Jake,

On the Traffic View Board window on the same line as your selected AI there is a little arrow under the word In. Click on this arrow and it will open the Flight Information window that has all the AI flight data.

Mike