The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Well parked aircrafts

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Well parked aircrafts

Post by sprocky »

Can someone create an AFCAD for this airport fitting to that picture? :wink:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.24016 ... ,38.846667

If you go about three miles south you will find another airport. Both seem to be military close to the city Taganrog. Do you have any information about these to airports? They look kind of abandoned. I am sure there are Be-50's and IL-76, right? Anyone have an idea for the other types?

I just found this place by looking for sceneries at avsim.ru:
http://www.avsim.ru/files.phtml?action= ... =12061&hl=
(not tested yet)
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Talk about being parked in.

BTW, yes you can do that with afcad. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well I can't get that file downloaded, I think that you need a Russian keyboard or a lot of luck, but the southern one looks like Taganrog - Yuzhnyy, the Beriev Design Bureau place, as there are BE-200s there as well as A-50s and Tu-142s. Beriev did/do systems work on the A-50 and Tu-142.

That would make the other one there Taganrog - Tsentralnyy, now a couple of places seems to have the 708th Guards Military Transport Aviation Regiment with Il-76s based at Taganrog - Yuzhnyy, so either this is wrong or the airfields are named the wrong way around, mind you the data is a few years out of date.

Scramble also had a unit based at Taganrog - Tsentralnyy with IL-76, AN-12 and AN-72s, but I can't find that unit in a 2005 listing and that appears to be what is littered around the airfield.

If I had to make a guess I would say that the unit at Tsentralnyy got disbanded and the one at Yuzhnyy got moved there, possibly taking on some of its IL-76s.

I don't know if this helps or not.
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Thanks for all these information.

For the download.
1. Be patient
2. Enter the code you see in the image and click on the "Скачать" button.
3. If nothing happens start from point 1. (Sometimes it took me five or more times until the downloads start from this site.)

Your guesses were right. I should have read the file description:
Таганрог-Центральный - Taganrog-Tsentralnyy
Таганрог-Южный - Taganrog-Yuzhnyy

A package for the 224th Flight Group based there can be found here:
http://www.avsim.ru/files.phtml?action= ... g_Pack.zip
(not tested yet)

Unfortunatly the AI model for the IL-76 repaints is not mentioned. But the package is from March 2005. This will limit the numbers. The author has used mainly the SKJ model in the past. So I would start with that one.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem, Jan.

For downloads on that site I get more luck by entering a code and pressing download, when a new code comes up I press download again and sometimes it works. This afternoon I entered the code carefully 20 times and nothing, then I double downloaded it worked second time, go figure.

I will have to have a look at it when I can, and hope there is some english in the readme or I am sunk :lol: .
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Nope, there is no english in the readme :? When I open it I get strange letters. Not even kyrillic ones - those I could read.
Jan
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

sprocky wrote:Nope, there is no english in the readme :? When I open it I get strange letters. Not even kyrillic ones - those I could read.
Try changing the encoding... Russian cyrillic characters can be any of about 6 types...
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

I have the Taganrog scenery installed. Not too bad. In case someone did the same: How can I get rid of the static aircrafts? Thanks.

EDIT:
One strange thing: although the ground looks fine from the window the GPS map shows water :?
Jan
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jan, I am testing a package at the moment, but I will have a look at the pack and see if I can work out a way when I get a chance.
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Firebird wrote:Jan, I am testing a package at the moment, but I will have a look at the pack and see if I can work out a way when I get a chance.
I will wait patiently :wink:
Jan
AiAndrew
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AiAndrew »

sprocky wrote:I have the Taganrog scenery installed. Not too bad. In case someone did the same: How can I get rid of the static aircrafts? Thanks.

EDIT:
One strange thing: although the ground looks fine from the window the GPS map shows water :?
if you remove the file "URRC_OB0" from the URRC scenery folder, and "URRT_OB0" from the URRT folder the statics will go away, It doesn't seem to, but I'm not sure yet if it removes any of the other scenery elements.

-A
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Thanks. I will do that before my next session.
Jan
AiAndrew
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AiAndrew »

I installed the 224th flight unit package and took some screenshots . I had to adjust the parking spaces in AFCAD as they were all too small for the Il-76 model.

-A
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Very cool. Andrew can you repost these shots in our screenshot forum as well please? They're great shots. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

AiAndrew wrote:I installed the 224th flight unit package and took some screenshots . I had to adjust the parking spaces in AFCAD as they were all too small for the Il-76 model.
-A
Which model is it? The SKJ model I guessed? Did not have the time to install it yet.
Jan
AiAndrew
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AiAndrew »

Yes its the SKJ model , I'd love to use the new Il-76 model from RATS but there are no Russian Air Force paints available for it and they don't seem like they are going to release a paintkit for it :(
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well, one of the Military models has been released , but it definitely says that paintkit will be released. My guess would be once all the models are released.

Hopefully it won't be too long.
Steve