The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

building flightplans

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

That's a real shame, I hate giving any more money to M$ than I absolutely have to :evil:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

I have MS Works Spredsheet but not Excel.
Is this compatible?
Kevin Jarvis

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Don't think so, Kevin.

But I must admit that the last time I looked at MS Works is many years ago. But it never shared the codebase of Excel, and even if they have an import filter for the sheets, the VBA engine would not be there. For the same reason the MS Excel viewer is not an option.

Cheers,
Martin
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Sorry guys, MS Excel is the most handy platform for me - it gives both an easy programming language, debugger and database environment in one piece.
The soft is in an open form so maybe somebody will port this to the Net platform?
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

If you want access to advanced features, you gotta go ahead and get the Excel. I think either Office Standard, or better yet the Home and Student version is gonna be the cheapest, save for E-Bay.

BTW military types should check the PX/BX/NEX (I think you Brits call it the NAFI) and so on. I know that MS makes the Office Standard version available to US Military at a small discount ($79 I think), and don't see why MS UK would not do the same and so on for other areas. If not military, then try regular outlets, and play like a student. As long as it's for personal use it's legal.

I got my first copy years ago, and have renewed frequently ever since. Surprising how you will find ways to use it, if you have it.

Ron
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Thanks for the info guys.
Kevin Jarvis

CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

M$ Office Standard is available to the UK military at a reduced price, I'm not sure which version though, think it's 2000. I can PM the URL if interested.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Guys, the soft should run on ANY sensible Excel version.

I think that a port to OpenOffice's Calc is possible as well but I just don't have enough resources to do it by myself ...
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

Look forward to seeing it :!:
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."