The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JASDF Bases

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JASDF Bases

Post by clickclickdoh »

andypoppens wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 02:09 Here's a list of their operational areas which you haven't made

Hachinohe
Naha
Senkaku Islands
Yonakunijima
Okinotorishima
Iwo Jima
Minami Torishima

You do realize that several of those are literally just small rocks in the ocean... one of them didn't even have enough rock so the Japanese literally poured a cube of concrete into the ocean.
andypoppens wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 02:22 when I load it in the day it stops loading at 55%
Does it stop at 55% as in it crashes the game, or does it stop at 55% as in a reaaaaaaaallly long pause. If it's the second, that's just the natural result of having a lot of stuff. My system usually loads really fast to 45%-65% ish, pauses a long time, then loads to 98% and does another really long pause.

The Kobe scenery is by far the largest I have ever produced, so there's a good chance it's causing a much larger loading hit on your computer than you are expecting.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by andypoppens »

clickclickdoh wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 03:26
andypoppens wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 02:09 Here's a list of their operational areas which you haven't made

Hachinohe
Naha
Senkaku Islands
Yonakunijima
Okinotorishima
Iwo Jima
Minami Torishima

You do realize that several of those are literally just small rocks in the ocean... one of them didn't even have enough rock so the Japanese literally poured a cube of concrete into the ocean.
andypoppens wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 02:22 when I load it in the day it stops loading at 55%
Does it stop at 55% as in it crashes the game, or does it stop at 55% as in a reaaaaaaaallly long pause. If it's the second, that's just the natural result of having a lot of stuff. My system usually loads really fast to 45%-65% ish, pauses a long time, then loads to 98% and does another really long pause.

The Kobe scenery is by far the largest I have ever produced, so there's a good chance it's causing a much larger loading hit on your computer than you are expecting.
Okay then what operational areas can you make and yes it stops as in crashing the game

No I didn't realize those were rocks

http://www.shinmaywa.co.jp/english/news ... -02-19.pdf

Here's the brochure I was talking about
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

2 questions:

1) Is the game also crashing if you try to load at Chichijima island?

2) Did you install the scenery folders exactly as they are included in the download? If you don't have the textures for John Youngs custom objects that were made for this project, the game will crash while loading.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

There is a day texture missing somewhere, whereas you have the night one installed.

Do you have something like Procmon installed as you can use that to find missing files.
Steve
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

clickclickdoh wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 05:51 2 questions:

1) Is the game also crashing if you try to load at Chichijima island?

2) Did you install the scenery folders exactly as they are included in the download? If you don't have the textures for John Youngs custom objects that were made for this project, the game will crash while loading.
No it doesn't crash if I try to load at chichijima island and that's what I did installed them exactly as they are included

Did you read the brochure and if so what did you think

I don't think I have the textures for John's custom objects which I don't think I have can you give me a link to them please
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

andypoppens wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 15:32 I don't think I have the textures for John's custom objects which I don't think I have can you give me a link to them please
I have just double checked the Download Hangar, and the version of the project there has all the necessary files. You will need to do as Steve suggests and run Procmon to see what file is killing the load. You are either missing a texture file from one of the freeware libraries in the readme file or a FS9 core file.
andypoppens wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 15:32 Did you read the brochure and if so what did you think
I think it's a very nice brochure.

The truth of the matter is that some of those locations may be done in the future. One of them is actually in process. John and I have talked on many occasions about going back to Japan.... BUT. We have recently produced some packages that have tested the bounds of sanity for size and complexity. The UH-72 project alone involved more than a dozen unique scenery locations, three of them were the equivalent of full sized projects in their own right. The projects I'm currently working on involve the complete overhaul of one of the only airbase I've ever done to hit the max complexity limit, the creation of a range the size of a state, full custom scenery for three army heliports and two airbases and paints and flight plans for more than 100 aircraft. So... I'm probably not stopping down to do a rock in the middle of no where any time soon.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

I'll have a look by the way I'm having the same problem as rob with the puma
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

okay Brent I'm looking at the manual I'm looking at the scenery object libraries needed but I don't know which one is made by John Young
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

John objects are built into the files in the download. I have already double checked to make sure all the necessary textures were in the download. If you installed it correctly, those textures aren't the problem. You will have to start looking at things that weren't part of the download.

Either run Procmon to see what were the last files the game requested before it crashed, or simply delete the third part libraries one at a time until the game loads. The last one was your offender.

Of course, that second technique won't work if it's a FS9 core file that is missing.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Brent I'm running Procmon right now but I don't know how to read it
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK Its kinda difficult to work at first but what you want to do is set the filter so that you only see the outcome from FS9.

So open the filter and you will need to access some stuff. What I have done is export my filters for you to save time.

Go to filter > Organise filters > Import and then select the file I have added here.
Now either the filter window will automatically have something in it or when you leave Organise Filters you will need to Load Filter and then select the one I sent you.

What you now see in the filter window is 4 green ticks and quite a few red ticks. The red ticks are stuff that you don't want to see, like every time it accesses the registry etc.
The Green ticks say to only show stuff from Process FS9.exe and then narrow it down further to only stuff that was not a success and then the result of the load was either DISALLOWED or NOT FOUND.

The upshot is than in the window you will only see stuff that FS9 does not find.
OK this good but there is still a lot of output, so what we want to do is highlight what we are interested in.

So now select Filter > Highlighting. You will now see a similar window to the filter one but again is empty.
What you want to do here is add only what you are interested in. The way I do it is if the scenery that I am trying to check is in a folder you named 'MAIW Japanese Bases' then in the highligting window change the dropdown that defaults to Architecture to 'Path' change the 'is' dropdown to 'contains' and finally in the box type in 'MAIW Japanese Bases', 'MAIW Japanese' or even 'Japanese' so that you only see highlighted stuff that FS9 tried to load from the 'MAIW Japanese Bases' folder and couldn't.

Still with me?

OK, you may say, but why don't I add that that line to the filter rather than the highlight page.
A good question. The answer is that you can but I prefer to see all failures in case there is something I am missing as opposed to just failures in the one folder. It also means that the filter I can leave alone and I can just change the highlight everytime.

Now, one final thing. When FS9 loads a texture it doesn't only check the local scenery folder it also checks the global texture folders if not found locally. An example of this is a aircraft lightmap that somebody has down and you place it the FS9\texture folder rather than placing a copy in every aircraft folder.

So you should now get a list of failures from FS9 and highlighting ones from the scenery folder you are checking. Now you can see what is missing.
Now if you load a scenery up and you have white buildings or objects you can also use this to determine what textures are missing.

Hopefully this simple to understand and helps.

*UPDATE*
What I forgot to say is that in your situation when FS9 abends you will see what the last things it was trying to load. It maybe that it will search 3 places for the texture before abending.
Attachments
Filter FS9.zip
(393 Bytes) Downloaded 32 times
Steve
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

I tried but it didn't work it couldn't find it plus i cant find the green and red ticks
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You couldn't find what?

The green ticks and red crosses are in the filter window if you load the filter I attached.
Did you do that?
After loading the filter the main Process Monitor window will either be clear if FS9 is not running or will only have FS9 stuff if that is running. If you have all sorts of other processes then you haven't loaded the filter.
Steve
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Brent I looked at the RJBE and SHMW obj file and guess what i found

day=0 night=1
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If you are looking at the code in hex then I would suggest reading it all. That is followed by Apron_Flood_13.fx.
This would suggest to me that when it is night the apron floods come on.
If you look later on then you will see DUSK=1 DAWN=1 and the same effect.

The only way to find the missing texture is to use procmon or re-install the complete package again in case you missed something or something got corrupted.
Steve
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

I read it again it's the same in the package when you download it
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Firebird wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 21:55 If you are looking at the code in hex then I would suggest reading it all. That is followed by Apron_Flood_13.fx.
This would suggest to me that when it is night the apron floods come on.
If you look later on then you will see DUSK=1 DAWN=1 and the same effect.

The only way to find the missing texture is to use procmon or re-install the complete package again in case you missed something or something got corrupted.
In the SHMW obj file fx JY apronlight large white fx has day=0 night=1 and dusk=1 dawn=1 too
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

andypoppens wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 22:36 In the SHMW obj file fx JY apronlight large white fx has day=0 night=1 and dusk=1 dawn=1 too
As Steve said, this is the code for the apron flood lights. The effect and it's associated texture are both in the download in the "Effects" folder. However, if this bit were incorrectly installed, it still can not be causing the crash while loading during the day because the apron floods are off during the day. day=0 night=1 dusk=1 dawn=1 means that this flood light effect will appear in three out of four of the times FS9 recognizes for effects. Only being off during the day.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

How could it have been improperly installed
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

I examined the texture files and guess what when I looked at the bmp of the textures here's what it said

The file may be unsupported damaged or corrupted