The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JASDF Bases

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: JASDF Bases

Post by pslinger »

Hi Steve, great advice. I'm going to use the approach you are suggesting.

Paul
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Hi guys. Version 2.5 of Hyakuri has gone up to the Hangar. For FS9 users, nothing has changed from the release at the beginning of the year. For FSX users, there is now a native FSX version of the scenery and FSX native paints and flight plans to go with the recently release FSX converted F-4 Phantom II models.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Hi Brent

Not sure if this is relevant to FSX but with P3Dv4 I had to "Reset All Draw Flags" from the Lists/Taxi Links and re-compile. Its nice to see the F4 in sim again, and thank you for the updated scenery.

Pete
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

RJTK has the same issue.

It has no impact in FSX. LM fixed the draw flags since P3Dv2.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Hi guys, bit of an update on what's been happening. If you've been following Johns thread, you'll already know that my last few packages have been aimed at supporting his newest release. Niigata and Yao are already available in the download hangar. Step 2, which I have just uploaded this morning was to convert the Kawasaki BK-117 Emergency Services package to FSX and P3D comparability.

Many of the heliports from that package either will have AW-139s based at them or as frequent visitors

So, step 3, the final step for supporting the new project... and it's something I said I had previously said that I would never even attempt. And to be fair, the final result is somewhat of a compromise mainly for the reasons I didn't even want to try it.... BUT, the absence of Kobe airport and Kobe heliport was really annoying me when converting the BK117 project and doing the AW-139 flight plans. In the end, doing a FSX/P3D conversion of the full FS9 Kobe project did prove impossible. However, cutting down the scope to only convert Kobe airport and Kobe heliport...

So, that should also be going up shortly.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by andypoppens »

Brent what’s new in version 1.5 of the BK117 package I’m asking because I have the previous one installed what do I have to do with this new one
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

For the FS9 version of the package, the changes consist of small tweaks to the already existing scenery elements and the addition of Honda Airport. Replacing the old scenery components with the new ones should do it for you.

The majority of the update was to make the package FSX & P3D compatible.
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Am I missing soething with the FS9 package? All the scenery files included are the same as the ones from the original package - granted, they may have been updated/tweaked but there are no new ones and certainly not for an airfield/town called Honda.
Regards,

Alan
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

clickclickdoh wrote: 19 Dec 2011, 21:24 I think there are two left in the pipeline.

I will not be doing Chitose, Akita, Fukuoka, Niigata and Naha because there is no way I can do anything close to the available Overland/Simmers Sky options for these bases. There's also a good Komatsu out there. That leaves Nagoya and Shizuhama to complete and the JASDF is done.
In this post seven years ago you said you weren’t going to make Niigata but you did for the AW139 what made you change your mind Brent

Also are you ever going to make Kushiro and Hakodate just asking that’s all
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I can hazard a guess here.
Seven years ago it did not suit his purpose to make it. Now it did.

I kinda guess that the same applies to your question.
Steve
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

clickclickdoh wrote: 26 Mar 2016, 06:25 I know it's been several months since I first teased a Japan Coast Guard project, but I think it's finally getting to the point where I can move this from the "maybe someday" to "coming soon" pile.

What we have now:
14 S-76s on the Elvis AI model

9 Dash 8-300s on the TFS model

4 Saab 340s on the TFS model

and of course, 9 King Air 350s on John Youngs about to be released model

The included flightplans will also have 2 Gulfstream V and 2 Falcon 900s which have paints available on Avsim. I didn't redo those because the registration numbers and aircraft nicknames haven't changed so there's no point duplicating someone elses fine work.

This will put Japan Coast Guard aircraft at the following airports:

Chitose (RJCJ)
Fukuoka (RJFF)
Hakadote (RJCH)
Ishigaki Jima (ROIG)
Kagoshima (RJFK)
Kansai (RJBB)
Kushiro (RJCK)
Miho (RJOH)
Naha (ROAH)
Niigata (RJSN)
Sendai (RJSS)
Tokyo Haneda (RJTT)
Brent I know this post is two years old but I have a question what airports were these taken at
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Alan Robertson wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 13:03 Am I missing soething with the FS9 package?
Nope. I've just gone a bit blinky. I've turned over the files to the proper authorities. Give them a bit to make an update.

andypoppens wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 04:38 In this post seven years ago you said you weren’t going to make Niigata but you did for the AW139 what made you change your mind Brent
I've also said that I wouldn't attempt to convert the Kobe package to FSX too...

So, it appears that I'm a bit of an Unreliable Narrator.

Is it possible that Hakodate or Kushiro might appear in the same way that Niigata did? Perhaps. Maybe. A tiny tiny chance. Niigata at least has a pretty significant military and emergency service presence where these two don't... so a very very small chance. They certainly wont be in the next three or four releases though.

andypoppens wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 21:40 Brent I know this post is two years old but I have a question what airports were these taken at
1. Kushiro
2. Miho
3. Kansai
4 Fukuoka
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

You know what Brent reading that both Hakodate and Kushiro don’t have significant military and emergency service presence tells me you don’t have to make them unless you want to because you only make sceneries for bases with the most significant military and emergency presence

Also what Kansai and Fukuoka scenery is that
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Another thing is being thinged:

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well and truly.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Not sure what airport/base that is, but I am looking forward to it.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

That would be Shizuhama Airbase. Home to the 11th Flying Training Wing. Located about 80 miles SW of Atsugi
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Do you need the Fuji-T7's Brent, especially for use in P3Dv4?

John
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I am currently using T-34s masquerading as T-7s. I certainly wouldn't mind some real T-7s. If some T-7s were to appear, Hofu (the other T-7 base) could certainly use an overhaul and update to FSX/P3D standard.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No problem. I have the TTTE Tornado paints to do and the F-3 assembly with a specimen paint for each Squadron. I made the F3 parts at the outset of the Tornado project, so that shouldn't be a huge job. I'll do the T-7s after that.

John