The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JASDF Bases

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
volador
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Re: JASDF Bases

Post by volador »

John Young wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 17:52 No problem. I have the TTTE Tornado paints to do and the F-3 assembly with a specimen paint for each Squadron. I made the F3 parts at the outset of the Tornado project, so that shouldn't be a huge job. I'll do the T-7s after that.

John
Amazing John!
Miguel
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

The era of F-4s flying for the JASDF is officially ending. 302 Hikotai has traded in their Phantoms for F-35As and relocated from Hyakuri to Misawa.

Repaints for the JYAI F-35A model and flightplans will be in the Hangar shortly.

301 Hikotai is scheduled to follow next year.
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

Many thanks Brent.
Miguel
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Was 302 Hikotai included in the MAIW JASDF F-4 package?
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

And they're now grounded, pending an investigation into today's F-35 crash :(
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Their T-4s are going to be busy for a while.
Steve
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

Hi.
A question: since Misawa Air Base scenery didn't have parking coded 302H for the brand new F-35A's, we have to modify the parking codes. Please, can somebody tell me where is the flight line (tarmac) for the F-35's of the 302 Hikotai?
Miguel
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

No definitive answer, but from available photographs, they appear to be using the NE most HAS complex.
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

Many thanks Brent.

Regards.
Miguel
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

We slipped two more mini projects into the latest batch of files to hit the Hangar.

The first is a FSX/P3D update for the FS9 Tokushima project.

The second is a FS9/FSX/P3D update for 3 Kokutai at Atsugi, now equipped completely with Kawasaki P-1s instead of the mix of P-1s and P-3s they had when we did the Atsugi JMSDF supplement package.

clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I have sent another overhaul type project to the Hangar. This time a refresh of JMSDF Kanoya (RJFY). It has been reworked for all 3 versions, had the main ramp lengthened to represent a new addition since the last version and has had the AI completely reworked.

Includes:
Reworked scenery with versions for FS9 & FSX/P3d
JAI P-3Cs for 1 Kokutai
JYAI Sea Hawks for 212 Kyoiku Kokutai
JYAI EC145s for 211 Kyoiku Kokutai (Supposed to be EC135 but we don't have a dedicated AI model and they look pretty close so don't squint)

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Brent. The airfield is also a destination for one of the tanker routes in the upcoming JYAI KC-130J Kadena packages.

John
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

501 Hikotai has it's shark mouths back on it's Phantoms and is now flying special paints on three aircraft to mark the expected end of their Reconnaissance mission next year.

clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Hi everyone. Three packages were sent to the Hangar today:

The first is Kawasaki C-1 78-1026 in it's Kabuki paint scheme

The second is a full set of paints for 501 Hikotai with their final year markings:

And the third is an extensive overhaul of my old Nagoya scenery with all the new changes to the airfield and finally a full FSX conversion:

Nagoya of course comes with a full set of sixteen brand new JYAI C-130Hs

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Very cool additions, Brent. I just published them in the hangar and I'm already busy integrating them into the upcoming update of Matrix Asia.

Do you know if that C-1 still wears the special paint? I see your description is in past tense. I found spotter photo's from April with the special paint still on but nothing more recent.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Little oopsie in the FS9 Nagoya C-130H.

The texture for [fltsim.11] - JYAI_KC-130H_JASDF_401_85-1080 in the aircraft,cfg is
texture=JASDF_401_85_1080

the texure folder is named
texture.JASDF_401_85-1080.

This is carried throught to the FP where the aircraft list is JYAI_KC-130H_JASDF_401_85_1080 vice the above [fltsim.11] entry.

Remedied by changing aircraft.cfg [fltsim.11] title to read JYAI_KC-130H_JASDF_401_85_1080 and change texture to read texture=JASDF_401_85-1080.

Hope this helps

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Unfortunately 78-1026 is back in the standard 3 color camo scheme now. You can tell photos of it after it was repainted because the tan portion of the camouflage scheme is more of an olive color this time.

I'm honestly surprised that mistake carried through since the flight plans were built in FS9 and converted to FSX... In theory AIFP would have caught the difference.

I know how it happened though. 85-1080 and 95-1083 were the two test paints. I changed the format to dashes in the serial instead of underscores when I painted the full set after the test paints.

I'm pretty sure I somehow got it right in FSX since I saw 1080 during testing...
paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by paul day »

Am I missing something but the new JYAI Hercules package for Nagoya is C-130H models but the textures are C-130J dds,s in the FSX package. Am I having a senior moment?

Regards Paul Day
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

All the new JYAI C130 models are spawned off of the original J model, so the naming has carried through.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

When I started the "J" project it was only my intention to make the J-30, AC's and EC's. I started with base Gmax models for the long and short version J's, but mission creep sent me in the direction of H's and the like. I kept the initial "J" naming convention for the main texture. I probably should have changed it, but things were getting complicated enough. Rest assured though that they are "H" textures in the "H" packages.

John