The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Mikey's BUFF

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Mikey's BUFF

Post by Joseph29 »

Can someone please paint the B-52H model in the colors of the 5th Bomb Wing based at Minot Air Force base? Thank you very much for considering paint these planes.
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

Joseph29 wrote:Can someone please paint the B-52H model in the colors of the 5th Bomb Wing based at Minot Air Force base? Thank you very much for considering paint these planes.
Patience sir...patience.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Cold War warriors!

-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Chrisb
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Chrisb »

Nice one Mike JG.

Been looking forward to an 'A'. If my eyes are not deceiving me.

Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

LEBTowerGuy wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:Can someone please paint the B-52H model in the colors of the 5th Bomb Wing based at Minot Air Force base? Thank you very much for considering paint these planes.
Patience sir...patience.
Cool. I didn't know if anyone was going to paint the 5th bomb wing so I figured I would make a request. :)
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

After a little break, here are the next two installments of the B-52 project, this covers the B-52G from the end of the SIOP-camo era to the end of B-52G service in 1993 or 1994, depending on what source you read. There are some serial duplications as aircraft were being shuffled around a bit in the post-Cold War drawdowns. Some of the Gulf War aircraft are represented here as well, but without nose art, as with the changeover to the SAC camo in 1987 the aircraft were still pretty sterile and non-individualized. The B-52H used during these periods will be the subject of parts 11 and 12, which are in production right now. This should bring the line aircraft up to about 1999, then it will be time for the modern units to get some attention. I may have screeshots of parts 11/12 later today.

:smt004
Attachments
jmai_b52_traffic9.jpg
jmai_b52_traffic10.jpg
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Damn that's hot! Nice work again Mike, and thanks :D
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Actually....... :oops: ....

A few minor corrections are in progress for this run, at the end of th 416th BW's days, between the G and H there were four tail schemes in two years, and I accidentally got one of the H schemes on the G serials; that is being fixed as we speak (so if you caught it keep quiet, I got it covered, lol). Also, a few other little tidbits on the 1987-1990 Gs, all will be revealed later today.

mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Okay, here's the mulligan for the last two paint runs.......
Attachments
jmai_b52_traffic9.jpg
jmai_b52_traffic10.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

.... and the H models up through 2000.... This brings everything up to the current models and paints, which are waiting for MAIW now to get the Barksdale project back on schedule. All four of these packages are being uploaded to AVSIM this afternoon (GMT-7) and should post to the library shortly after. Aside from the modern stuff, the only thing left on this project is the test aircraft (Edwards/NASA), and that will be soon.

Attachments
jmai_b52_traffic11.jpg
jmai_b52_traffic12.jpg
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Very cool Mike! :smt023
-Mike G.

mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Some easter egg notes, if you will.....

The part 9 B-52G has the single corrected texture from the Gulf War package (thanks Pete)

The part 12 B-52H has both part 11 and part 12 optional VFR models

.... forgot to advertise these things in the documentation, sorry.

Also, note some new loads in the part 12 package, AGM-142 and AGM-84.

mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

This is one of those days when it is good I only do freeware for now, lol..... There is an issue with parts 9 through 12, it is a model compilation issue, and I will have to investigate what happened. The ground flags and engine covers are not disappearing like they should when the aircraft cranks up and taxis out. I have used this basic model through the entire project, only adding things like antenna and the various ordnance loads or the appropriate tail/fuselage. I always check my compilation reports for models, so any errors like this one even got through that. After eight parts of this project, I didn't sim-test these aircraft, but I have been re-organizing my SDK stuff (where the XML files for compilation live), and I might have moved the XML for that one away from where FSDS looks for it. Fortunately my models and paints are more or less interchangeable within the tall and short tail variant, so experienced users can make do until I fix it. I am at work today and tomorrow, so the earliest fix will be Tuesday. I am pretty sure it is just a matter of making sure the XML command lines for the ground stuff is back into my Makemdl.parts file. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and will most certainly make good on it later this week.

delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

You beat me to it......just spotted this myself and was about to upload pictures to show the problems, but obviously I don't need to do this now :wink:
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Mike I've done this many times. 99% of the time it's related to the XML file and the part names you are using.

Also in your XML file, if one single character is wrong, ALL of the code below that will no longer work.
-Mike G.

mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

I think the easiest way to fix this is go back to clean default XML and just copy in the lines for the BUFF-specific parts. From some pix I got via email my flaps and wing flex work just fine, so I think I may have simply left out the ground covers XML which is pretty much standard across all of my models.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

The good news is that you can always have extra code in the XML that you are not using.

I keep one XML file for each model I'm working on. Some people will just use one big file that they keep adding scripts to it for all of their models.

Either way works.
-Mike G.

dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

These are awesome, just got all 12 downloaded. Has anyone done flight plans for these yet? (sorry if its somewhere else, my search for B-52 traffic brought me here)

With all of Mike's models, this should cover everything I would think. I am interested in just getting active units up in my sim, if anyone knows where I can get flight plans.

-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

So, sometime when I was working on some other model, I re-organized my XML stuff in the SDK. I just checked my makemdl.parts file (designers understand this), and found I had not copied about eight sections of XML to the new file. Anybody want to take guesses what parts got left out.....? That is fixed, and I am compiling models as we speak. I can flight test the very first one, and if it animates okay, the rest are carbon copies, XML-wise, and I should have the service pack done and posted in a couple of hours.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad it was a simple copying error and not that you had deleted the code.
Steve