The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Mikey's BUFF

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: Mikey's BUFF

Post by mikeblaze »

All better now...... The foreground 5BW (72BS) aircraft is starting to taxi out with chocks/covers/flags removed, and the background 92BW aircraft is parked with all chocks and covers/flags in place. The XML issue is fixed, I corrected one global texture error on the 1992 B-52Hs that omitted the radiopaque panels on the tail area, and I am now packaging everything for upload. I am also throwing in some bonus stuff for this package, I will elaborate after it is off to the AVSIM library.

:smt004
Attachments
jmai_b52_traffic13.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Okay, here is the list of stuff fixed and also the added bonus stuff for this service pack:

LIST OF CORRECTIONS:
-Ground flags/covers/chocks animations fixed on all stated aircraft from parts 9, 10, 11, and 12
-B-52H (1992) package 12 has corrected textures that put the radiopaque panels back on the rear fuselage
-Re-packaged the single texture correction for the Part 8 Gulf War B-52G package with this service pack

LIST OF BONUS ADDITIONS:
-All late B-52G and B-52H now have bombs and antiship (Harpoon) loads in addition to the original release loadouts
-Added SRAM to mid-1990s B-52H
-New models, preview clean models of NB-52A, NB-52B, NB-52H; experimental craft loadouts will come later.

Go get it at AVSIM in a couple of hours or so.
Attachments
jmai_b52_traffic_sp2.jpg
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Its on Avsim.com now

.........and Downloaded

Thanks Mike
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Does anyone have or know where I can find flightplans for the 5th Bomb Wing based at Minot Air Force base?
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Search for Mike's older release of FP's for the not really AI Alphasim B-52.

alpha_ai_b52h_5bw.zip
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
ruggerfan
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by ruggerfan »

Mike,

You might want to add SRAM's to some of the earlier models. Grands Forks had them in the late 70's. My buddy from H.S. was stationed there
from 72-78 and was there for the transition for the Hound Dog to the SRAM. Just a thought..... 8)
Larry
USAF Veteran
Air Transportation
"Life is like herding cats through a fish market."
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

SRAMs were available from about 1974 forward, and my "1975" Gs and Hs already have them....

mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Not to bespeak badly of the Alphasim model, it was the only "AI" model around at the time, so I'll never bag on it too much (or at all, in fact), but I believe that the KBT model was actually less polygon-intensive. At any rate now, except for modern day, it's all academic....

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Quick question, does the current H models (the ones in part 12) use the drag chute effect? Or is that just for the older models?
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Just in case somebody is late into this thread, parts 9 through 12 had some XML issues which were fixed in a service pack (so the chute works again). I'm confident that I will repeat this message about every two pages of the forum, alongside of the standard answer for requests for modern 5th and 2nd BW paints. Just so all know, I'm not bagging on any fans in any way/shape/form, it's just that reading the history of forum posts for this thread would save a lot of already-answered questions.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I knew about the fixes (and installed them), I just wasn't sure if the B-52H model used a drag chute or not.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

I found a recent edition of the DoD AP-1/B, so I know where to send the BUFFs, and thanks to a diary written by a former aircraft commander, I also have a rough sketch of the day-to-day operations during the Cold War - at least during the 80's. So now I just need to find the reg numbers to assign them to 8)
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

You flightplan guys....... You have 'way too much time on your hands..... To research serials for aircraft all painted the same, and which were swapped around like the village bicycle to different units...... But that is why you do flightplans and I don't :smt003

RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

It's more like you can actually work your way around a 3D modelling suite, while I get lost trying to make a simple aircraft shed :lol: I haven't got the tools for repainting, my ADE adventures are usually overtaken by others, so flightplans are all that's left :P

I'll have a look-see and see what I can find. Hell, it can't be any worse than the damn Russians - and at least I'll be able to understand what the website I'm on actually says 8)
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

After seeing all these releases which look really great I want to ask this one question... Because I am not 100% sure...

Is there allready a package out that you can use for nowadays traffic? ( since I want to keep my AI as up to date as possible. )

Thank in advance!

:D
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Okay, for the patient (and not-so-patient, lol)..... A select preview of paints for the upcoming MAIW Barksdale package.......

Attachments
jmai_b52_barksdale.jpg
jmai_b52_barksdale1.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

The restrictions of how big of an image I can post here don't do these aircraft justice, but they are coming soon. I have 49 serials painted for the 2nd Bomb Wing (20th and 96th Bomb Squadrons), 307th Bomb Wing (93rd Bomb Squadron), and 53rd Wing (419th Test/Eval Squadron). I haven't forgotten Minot, of course, and will be posting the 5th Bomb Wing (23rd and 69th Bomb Squadrons) to AVSIM after the Barksdale package is released by MAIW.

RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Thanks for the update Mike (& the teasers)

I knew that the current Buffs were on the way but its just a case of trying
to reign in the the enthusiasm. As they say, it will be ready when its done.

:D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

It will be worth the wait.
Mark