The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Mikey's BUFF

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Mikey's BUFF

Post by Firebird »

zsoltfireman wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 11:42
Firebird wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 11:38 I found absolutely no problem at all. Maybe it was the base? What scenery were you using.

Just in case something got altered it might be worth downloading the B-52G pack again and re-installing the fde (aircraft.cfg and JMAI_B-52_Stratofortress_AI_ONLY.air).
Sometimes something accidentally updates a part of the cfg file and alters the aircraft balance.
Hi Steve,

Which was the last package?

Thank you,
Zsolt
What I meant was there were quite a few service packs for the B-52s that were mostly for schemes but you should ensure that you had them all installed.
What I noticed is that the air files for the G and the H are identical and so can be copied across. Also the aircraft.cfg files for the G and H are identical with the exception of the fltsim entries.
So if you are in any doubt you could easily create a copy of the H cfg file and copy the fltsim entries from the G cfg to replace the ones in the copy and you would have a cfg good to go.

It might be worth comparing the two to see what has been altered.

I take it that the H models are OK?
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

flyerkg wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 15:06 Hello and thanks for this discuss. I have noticed this issue with Buffs for Mather AFB. They bounce all over the place while parked. Perhaps 60-70 feet up in the air. I will try to swap out fde and maybe contact points in the aircraft.cfg.
Normally when they bounce around like that the fde has already been altered. If your Hs are alright then I suggest you copy the fde across from the H as mentioned before.

Check that the sim entries are as they should be:-
sim=JMAI_B-52_Stratofortress_AI_ONLY
Steve
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by zsoltfireman »

Yes everything is in place!
Unfortunately B-52 models are bouncing on concrete!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That sounds like a scenery issue. Have you checked them at another base?
Steve
tpackage
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tpackage »

I had the same issue with my Cessna Citation XLS model. After some searching, I found a tutorial on checking the static cg height. Put the sim in slew mode, and pause the sim and select the model you are having trouble with. Even though my contact points were correct, when I started the sim using this method, my airplane was sitting well below ground. Once I reset the CG height, all the bouncing issues went away. It did not change the location of my contact points, as I would have expected once I made the change.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes, that makes sense. This is why I was asking if the cfg for the G was the same as the H.
They are in the packs and if it happens for one it would happen for the other.

On my system they are fine, which would suggest either that both the G and H configs have been altered or the scenery is the problem. This is why I wanted to know whether the issue with the G happened at another base or not, to narrow down the cause.
Steve
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Would anybody know if the 69th BS's tail bands have changed from red to yellow since this pack was released? I was looking for the 69th BS yellow band Buffs and there doesn't seem to be any?
I'm just about to paste a yellow band over the top of the red ones but not too sure if they still have *some* red bands on the 69th?