The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

The Polish Air Force Project

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
JNDVirtual

The Polish Air Force Project

Post by JNDVirtual »

After getting my feet wet with some older projects, I looked up and saw that I already had half of the airfields of the Polish Air Force sitting on my computer, unfinished. Easily distracted, I decided to make that project be my trial by fire instead of releasing other projects piecemeal. So with that said, I'll be releasing this project first and focusing my efforts on it before continuing the rest.

I'll post progress here, and if anyone has feedback or info to add, I'd appreciate it. I hope to have the full package released by the end of the month.

AIRFIELDS (all airfields will have extra parking for combat and cargo aircraft)
I have modeled the following airfields so far:
EPBY, Szwederowo Air Base (coded as a depot for MiG-29, and F-16 and for civilian operations)
EPDR, Drawsko Pomorskie Training Area (Ziemsko Airfield) (coded for F-16s, MiG-29s, W-3s and Mi-17 with a Steadfast Jazz exercise on Thursdays)
EPKK, Krakow Air Base (coded for C-295s, Mi-2s, Mi-8s, and civilian operations)
EPKS, Krzesiny Air Base (coded for F-16s)
EPLK, Lask Air Base (coded for F-16s)
EPPW, Powidz Air Base (coded for C-130s, Mi-17s and M28s)
EPRA, Sadkow Air Base (not currently in FSX; coded for M28s and PZL-130s)

The following airfields have been modeled in MAIW:
EPMB, Malbork Air Base (coded for MiG-29s; may add coding for W-3s)
EPMM, Minsk Mazowiecki Air Base (coded for MiG-29s; may add coding for W-3s and Mi-2s)

The following airfields are in the queue to be created:
EPDE, Deblin Air Base (will be coded as a depot for TS-11s, Mi-2s, and M-346s)
EPMI, Miroslawiec Air Base (will be coded for exercise traffic; base in caretaker status)
EPSN, Swidwin Air Base (will be coded for W-3s, Mi-2s, and TS-11s)
EPxx, Nadarzyce Training Area (not currently in FSX; will be coded for exercise traffic; base in caretaker status)

AIRCRAFT
The following aircraft already exist that are utilized by the Polish Air Force (courtesy Owl's Nest AI Reference):
C-130E* by Henry Tomkiewicz (textures for five E models based on HT's original USAF paints)
C-295M* by Miljan Korac (Polish AF paints currently at Avsim)
F-16C/D* by Henry Tomkiewicz; paints by Mark Heimer (paints available at Mark Heimer's page)
Mi-2 by United Traffic Team (paints needed)
Mi-8 by AvSim.su (paints needed)
Mi-17 by FlightSimCZ (paints needed)
MiG-29 by MAIW
M28* by Mike Cronin (paints in progress)
W-3* by FlightSimCZ (paints in progress)
* means that flightplans have been created for these aircraft

The following aircraft are needed for AI operations (they are available as user-flyable aircraft):
M-346
PZL-103
TS-11

MISC
Flightplans will be reflecting quite a bit of activity in the region:
- EPDR will be the scene of Exercise Steadfast Jazz and will have quite the fly-in on Thursdays.
- Two C-130s will be shuttling between EPBY and Bangui, Central African Republic (FEFF) in support of Operation Sangaris.
- F-16s will be augmenting MAIW's MiG-29s at Siauliai Air Base (EYSA) in Lithuania for the Baltic Air Policing mission.
- C-130s will be scheduled to complement MAIW's NATO C-17s that land at Krakow.
- This project will use additional libraries such as GGSE, Jim Dhaenen's lights and hardened shelters, and MBC Studios military addons.

Again, any feedback will be appreciated. For the time being, my other projects (Semper Flight, Bulgarian Air Force, etc) will be placed on hold while I finish this one up.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: The Polish Air Force Project

Post by TheFoufure »

Is Polish AF still use some Su-17/22 ???

If yes, there is a AI Su-17/22 in development. Have a look here : http://forum.ddr-flugzeuge.de/viewtopic ... 3c1d44e9b0
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

TheFoufure wrote:Is Polish AF still use some Su-17/22 ???

If yes, there is a AI Su-17/22 in development. Have a look here : http://forum.ddr-flugzeuge.de/viewtopic ... 3c1d44e9b0
There are still two squadrons flying the Su-22. Their future is in the air right now (no pun intended). The PoAF were originally slated to replace them with drones, but that plan appears to have been delayed. It's not known yet if the Fitters will get a three- or ten-year upgrade, according to what I've been reading, since the PoAF has not selected the fifth-generation fighter that they plan to purchase. With an eye towards planning in FSX now how the force will look in the future, I may very well have to add some spots for the Su-22s.
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

From what I have read lately, the Su-22's will be around for quite a while yet...

...can I get an obvious question out of the way? :) ..is the Polish project FSX only? No problem with that, obviously..

Jon
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I think the MAIW guys are "hiring", you should submit your resume!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

jgowing wrote:From what I have read lately, the Su-22's will be around for quite a while yet...

...can I get an obvious question out of the way? :) ..is the Polish project FSX only? No problem with that, obviously..

Jon
As of right now, as I'm creating it, yes, it's FSX-based. But since several aircraft are using models from FS2004, I may let someone else take a look at this and 2004 it. lol
Victory103 wrote:I think the MAIW guys are "hiring", you should submit your resume!
Hopefully this is my resume! lol
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

I had knocked out the Army bases at Inowroclaw and Gdansk, but it appears that the Mi-8/17s are scheduled to be replaced in the next few years, so I may delay this portion or take a guess as to which helicopter will be chosen.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Further progress as of March 13, 2014:

I have modeled the following additional airfields so far:
EPIR, Latkowo Army Base (coded for Mi-8s, Mi-17s, and Mi-24s)
EPLY, Leczyca Army Base (coded for Mi-8s and Mi-17s)
EPPR, Pruszcz Gdanski Army Base (coded for Mi-8s, Mi-17s, and Mi-24s)
EPSN, Swidwin Air Base (coded for W-3s, Mi-2s, and MQ-9s [pending final selection of UCAV by Polish government)

AIRCRAFT
I painted up the entire fleet of Mi-24s not realizing that this has already been done. I've also painted up the entire fleet of Mi-8s and Mi-17s.

MISC
- The military training areas at Bemowo Piskie, Nowa Deba, Ustka, Wedrzyn, and Zagan will be represented.
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

JNDVirtual wrote:I had knocked out the Army bases at Inowroclaw and Gdansk, but it appears that the Mi-8/17s are scheduled to be replaced in the next few years, so I may delay this portion or take a guess as to which helicopter will be chosen.
Retro is good, too. It's all worth it... :)
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

jgowing wrote:Retro is good, too. It's all worth it... :)
This is true. The Mi-17s and Mi-24s have been modeled and painted. They'll be a part of it. I think the Polish government will select a Mi-8/17 replacement in June, so I'll just wait for that announcement.

I may also release two versions of Swidwin: one coded for Su-22s and the one I have now with the Reaper drones coded (the Reaper and an Israeli drone are in a competition, so the Su-22s will stay a little longer in the Polish Air Force).
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

To be honest, as they haven't even ordered any aircraft (and competitions for replacements are notorious for being delayed) it maybe better to go ahead with what they actually have.
If they do order when expected it will be years before all arrive. It would be like us saying that we wouldn't release KC-135 paints as the KC-46 is on order. Result is pretty empty bases for some years.
Steve
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Further progress as of March 15, 2014:

- AFCADs for the Air Force airfields are complete. Just sprucing them up scenery-wise right now.
- AFCADs for Army aviation bases at Inowroclaw, Pruszcz Gdanski, Leczyca, and Nowy Glinnik are complete.
- With the proximity of the Drawsko Pomorskie range to the Nadarzyce range, I may just use Nadarzyce as a range for fighters. I may code the airfield for helicopter traffic and have some sort of exercise on a given day there, or I may not do the airfield there at all.
- With the proximity of the Drawsko Pomorskie range to Miroslawiec (EPMI), I may not do EPMI, as it is already a default airport. With an active air base (Swidwin) near Drawsko Pomorskie, and with helicopters, Su-22s, and future drones stationed at Swidwin), EPMI is a bit close to represent considering that the Su-22s that were there are not at Swidwin.
- I used UTT's AS350 to represent the SW-4 helicopters at Deblin.
- I used Hadi Tahir's Yak-130 to represent the new M-346s coming to Deblin. It's a user aircraft, so I only tested with about ten aircraft. I may release the paints and just let each person decide how to manage that on their computers.
- I was going to deploy some aircraft to Afghanistan, but with the mission there winding down, and with Poland's announced accelerated pullout, I will not do so.
- I made AFCADs for the N'Djamena, Abeche, and Iriba airfields in Chad and deployed one C-295 and three Mi-17s there to simulate Poland's role in the EUFOR (now the UN's MINURCAT) operation.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

For N'Djamena, I recommand the sceneyr from French Virtual Air Force : http://www.frenchairforce.fr/download.php?view.55
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Meh, I relented. Miroslawiec AFCAD complete. :lol:

FYI here are the parking codes that I used, in case someone sees something incompatible with how MAIW names things:

BABIE DOLY NAVY
43B1 - 43. Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego (M-28)
43B2 - 43. Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego (W-3)
43B3 - 43. Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego (Mi-2)
43B4 - 43. Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego (Mi-17)
43B5 - 43. Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego (SH-2)

BALICE
12EL - 12. Eskadra Lotnictwa (M-28)
13EL - 13. Eskadra Lotnictwa (C-295M)
3GP1 - 3. Grupa Poszukiwawczo-Ratownicza (Mi-2)
3GP2 - 3. Grupa Poszukiwawczo-Ratownicza (Mi-8)

DARLOWO NAVY
43B2 - 43. Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego (W-3)
43B3 - 43. Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego (Mi-2)
43B4 - 43. Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego (Mi-14)

DEBLIN
1OS1 - 1. Osrodek Szkolenia Lotniczego (TS-11/M-346)
1OS2 - 1. Osrodek Szkolenia Lotniczego (SW-4)
BCI1 - Bialo-Czerwone Iskry (TS-11/M-346)
M28 - M-28s (depot)
C295 - C-295s (depot)

KRZESINY
3ELT - 3. Eskadra Lotnictwa Taktycznego (F-16)
6ELT - 6. Eskadra Lotnictwa Taktycznego (F-16)

LASK
10EL - 10. Eskadra Lotnictwa Taktycznego (F-16)

LATKOWO ARMY
56B1 - 56.Baza Lotnicza 1.Eskadra Śmigłowców Szturmowych (Mi-24)
56B2 - 56.Baza Lotnicza 2.Eskadra Śmigłowców Szturmowych (Mi-2)
56B3 - 56.Baza Lotnicza 3.Eskadra Śmigłowców Szturmowych (Mi-2)
56B4 - 56.Baza Lotnicza 4.Eskadra Śmigłowców (Mi-2)

LECZYCA ARMY
37D1 - 37.Dywizjon Lotniczy 1.Eskadra Śmigłowców (Mi-17)
37D2 - 37.Dywizjon Lotniczy 2.Eskadra Śmigłowców (Mi-17)

NOWY GLINNIK ARMY
66D1 - 66.Dywizjon Lotniczy 1.Eskadra Śmigłowców (W-3)
66D2 - 66.Dywizjon Lotniczy 2.Eskadra Śmigłowców (W-3)
66D3 - 66.Dywizjon Lotniczy Eskadra Śmigłowców Rozpoznania Radioelektroniczwego (W-3)

POWIDZ
14EL - 14. Eskadra Lotnictwa (C-130)
14E2 - 14. Eskadra Lotnictwa (M-28)
7EDS - 7.Eskadra Dzialan Specjalnych (Mi-17)

PRUSZCZ GDANSKI ARMY
49B1 - 49.Baza Lotnicza 1.Eskadra Śmigłowców Szturmowych (Mi-24)
49B2 - 49.Baza Lotnicza 2.Eskadra Śmigłowców Szturmowych (Mi-24)
49B3 - 49.Baza Lotnicza 3.Eskadra Śmigłowców CSAR (Mi-24)
49B4 - 49.Baza Lotnicza 4.Eskadra Śmigłowców Wielozadaniowych (Mi-2)

SADKOW
2OSL - 2. Osrodek Szkolenia Lotniczego (PZ-130)
2OS2 - 2. Osrodek Szkolenia Lotniczego (M-28)

SIEMEROWICE NAVY
44B1 - 44. Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego (M-28)

SWIDWIN
8ELT - 8. Eskadra Lotnictwa Taktycznego (Su-22)
40EL - 40. Eskadra Lotnictwa Taktycznego(Su-22)
50EL - 50. Eskadra Lotnictwa Taktycznego (MQ-9; fictional designation pending acquisition of UCAVs)
1GP1 - 1. Grupa Poszukiwawczo-Ratownicza (W-3)
1GP2 - 1. Grupa Poszukiwawczo-Ratownicza (Mi-2)

SZWEDEROWO
F16 - F-16s (depot)
MG29 - MiG-29s (depot)
MQ9 - MQ-9s (depot)
SU22 - Su-22s (depot)

TRANSLATIONS
Baza Lotnicza - Air Base
Baza Lotnictwa Morskiego - Naval Air Base
Bialo-Czerwone Iskry - White and Red Sparks; Polish aerial demonstration team
Dywizjon Lotniczy - Air Division
Eskadra Dzialan Specjalnych - Special Operations Squadron
Eskadra Lotnictwa - Air Squadron
Eskadra Lotnictwa Taktycznego - Tactical Air Squadron
Eskadra Śmigłowców Rozpoznania Radioelektroniczwego - Reconnaissance Helicopter Squadron
Eskadra Śmigłowców Szturmowych - Assault Helicopter Squadron
Eskadra Śmigłowców Wielozadaniowych - Multirole Helicopter Squadron
Grupa Poszukiwawczo-Ratownicza - Search and Rescue Group
Osrodek Szkolenia Lotniczego - Aviation Training Center
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Had to change some units...had to change some numbers. The more I dig, the more I find out. Here's a quick teaser as I work with the Navy units.
Attachments
A Polish Navy W-3RM assists a yacht that has caught fire in the Baltic Sea.
A Polish Navy W-3RM assists a yacht that has caught fire in the Baltic Sea.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Most of the easy stuff is now done. I still have flightplans to tweak, but for the most part, it's all about sprucing up the airfields.

Of course, surprises do happen, such as not knowing that the U.S. Secretary of State is at a summit in Poland and his C-32 took residence at Deblin. So seeing a Boeing 757 hulking over the trainers there was a humorous look, so I also have a little bit more MAIW integration to do.

But here's a shot of a new Aermacchi M-346 sitting on the tarmac at Deblin, with MAIW's C-32 visible and the MAIW E-4B sitting on the north alert pad. Poland is getting eight M-346s this year. This shot uses the Yak-130 user aircraft model, so I only made those eight aircraft, as folks may run into framerate issues with 24 of 'em on the ramp.

Still chugging.
Attachments
An Aermacchi M-346 of the 1st Flying Training Center sits on the ramp at Deblin Air Base. A U.S. C-32 and a U.S. E-4B NAOC aircraft from MAIW can be seen in the background.
An Aermacchi M-346 of the 1st Flying Training Center sits on the ramp at Deblin Air Base. A U.S. C-32 and a U.S. E-4B NAOC aircraft from MAIW can be seen in the background.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Still testing flightplans. I'll probably put the helicopters on a different AI appearance percentage setting because there's a lot of 'em!

In the meantime, here's a shot of three of them.
Attachments
Three Mi-24s from the 56th Combat Aviation Battalion at Inowroclaw head to Deblin Air Base for depot maintenance.
Three Mi-24s from the 56th Combat Aviation Battalion at Inowroclaw head to Deblin Air Base for depot maintenance.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Just dug into the MAIW ABO library. Hmm...potential! Who do I ask for permission to use that library?

Because I have a thing for AI aircraft in open hangars. :lol:
Attachments
Four M-28s and three W-3 helicopters sit on the ramp at Babie Doly Naval Air Station in Gdynia, Poland.
Four M-28s and three W-3 helicopters sit on the ramp at Babie Doly Naval Air Station in Gdynia, Poland.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Still working on flightplans and noticing things to add. Things like the port at Swinoujscie not in FSX at all. Welp, gotta fix that.

So here's a shot of a Polish Navy Mi-14 taking off from the naval base at Swinoujscie with representations of the frigate ORP Generał Tadeusz Kościuszko and the fleet tanker ORP Baltyk in port.
Attachments
ep37_mi14.jpg
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

To represent the "ORP Generał Tadeusz Kościuszko" Mark Griggs developed a set of USN "Perry class" frigates as static objects, available on Flightsim.com, but they are for FS9.
Filename: marks_usn_frigates_complete.zip
- Maurizio C.