The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

US Army Rotor Wing Aviation

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: US Army Rotor Wing Aviation

Post by clickclickdoh »

That might be an issue then. The Ft. Hood CH-47s should be the same color as the CT and AL ones since they are generated from the same base template with different detail overlays.

What colors are you getting on your CH-47Fs?
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by jeanpy »

Hi,

It look clear yellow, not sand one or clear green, but if it's the same base, it's impossible, i think it's probably a light effect. I try to put one of new texture in Fort Hood package. If i check any problem i send you a photo.

Thx
Jeanpy
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by jeanpy »

Hi,

Test is ok, same colour it's sun light effect, sorry.

And thx again for your big works.

Jeanpy
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I should have another one ready to go sometime in the next 24 hours. Colorado Army National Guard units at Buckley AFB.

If I didn't have to actually sleep once in a while I could have finished it tonight.. but..Zzzzz Zzzzz Zzzz.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

:lol: I think that people will allow you some down time.
Steve
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Hi click (not sure of real name)
I would be very interested to see how they (working on a heli afcad myself) set off from the parking position and park after the flight because its creating me nightmares with a similar scenario.

Cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

What type of issues are you having with them? In general, they behave like standard light aviation AI. If the heading of the first taxi line is within 90 degrees of the parking heading, they will start up, orient to the taxi heading and move straight out. If the heading of the first taxi line is more than 90 degrees off the parking heading, they will push back, start up, then u-turn to what ever the taxi heading is. When they return, they will always stop and shutdown facing the last taxi heading, no matter what the parking location heading is.

The Buckley AFB scenery file available here from sean129 has the Army National Guard units parking 90 degrees from the taxi heading, so they start up, turn 90 degrees in place then taxi out. The downside of that is that when they are returning they will be parked 90 degrees off from aircraft that haven't flown.

This means that if you have it set up for them to always pull forward out of their parking space, you will end up with aircraft parked backwards when they come back. If you don't mind them backing up out of their parking spaces before start up, they will always park facing the same direction. It's a trade off. There are ways to force them to do pull through parking, but I've never really made it work.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

clickclickdoh wrote:What type of issues are you having with them? In general, they behave like standard light aviation AI. If the heading of the first taxi line is within 90 degrees of the parking heading, they will start up, orient to the taxi heading and move straight out. If the heading of the first taxi line is more than 90 degrees off the parking heading, they will push back, start up, then u-turn to what ever the taxi heading is. When they return, they will always stop and shutdown facing the last taxi heading, no matter what the parking location heading is.

The Buckley AFB scenery file available here from sean129 has the Army National Guard units parking 90 degrees from the taxi heading, so they start up, turn 90 degrees in place then taxi out. The downside of that is that when they are returning they will be parked 90 degrees off from aircraft that haven't flown.
Hmm never realized that before :D

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Today we have paints and flight plans for:

Det. 33: 2 x C-26 (use the DJC 4 bladed metroliner III model available in several MAIW packages)
Co A 2-135 AVN: 8 x UH-60 (3 are in seasonal firefighting markings)
Det 1 B 2-135 AVN: 5 x CH-47F
Det 1 G 2-135 AVN: 4 x UH-60

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n83l6 ... ngKBKF.zip

As previously mentioned, there is a Buckley AFB scenery available through these forums by sean129.
Jon
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Jon »

thanks. See these guys flying over black forest on their way to Fort Carson every so often. :smt006
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

And that would be a request having previously been stationed at Butts AAF. I had a buddy in the Reserve unit there right after they got factory new HH-60Ms in exchange for their worn out Chinooks. Before my Med unit's forced move to Hood, we were the only show in town, runway and ranges to ourselves!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I'm not normally one to believe in government conspiracies, but I've been seeing black helicopters in the sim lately...

27 Paints with FPs for 3/160th SOAR. (just ignore the absence of refueling probes)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ib7cz ... -160th.zip

I know I said was going to stick to small projects until things settled down a bit... but once I started on this one I can't stop. The Dog Face Soldiers are getting a proper treatment. So hang on a bit and a proper Hunter AAF will be along shortly for this group and the other ones that live there.
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by jeanpy »

hi,

did you have any afcad fir Hunter AAF ?

Thxs

Jeanpy
asizi
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by asizi »

Hi. Here you will find an afcad file within the MATS pack > http://www.calclassic.com/AIAircraft.htm

I've edited it for myself to have some more parking spots for USAF jetfighters.

But for AAF, I don't think that something is available at the moment.

Best regards :)
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

jeanpy wrote:hi,

did you have any afcad fir Hunter AAF ?

Thxs

Jeanpy
Hunter AAF, Wright AAF and seven other landing zones will be coming soon in a Ft. Stewart release with the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade.

In the mean time, there is a basic KSVN available on avsim.
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by jeanpy »

ok,

Thx, very impatient !

Jeanpy
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Here's the map of the scenery elements I'm working on for Fort Stewart:

If anyone knows the names of the unlabeled red dots it would help a lot
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I had a look on Scramble for Fort Stewart and that is some sizeable undertaking there. At least there being no AI H-58 helps.
Impressive stuff.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Progress is being made:

Hunter AAF is still being worked on. Several of the outlaying fields are done. All CH-47s have been painted and FPs done. UH-60s and AH-64s coming once their FARPs and landing strips scenery elements are done.

Looking South West from the Co B 2/3 AVN ramp to the GA ARNG ramp and the SOAR ramp.

Hunter is currently coded with 218 parking spaces. I will grow by a few more since I haven't started on the Coast Guard ramp yet.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Very cool on the initial "Nightstalkers" work, was not expecting that. We need an AI OH-6/MD-500 now.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris