The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

US Army Rotor Wing Aviation

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: US Army Rotor Wing Aviation

Post by clickclickdoh »

A little closer every day:

All scenery elements except for Hunter AAF are complete. Hunter will be finished last after all the FPs are complete (about 50% right now) so that I don't make it too complex and cause it to melt computers with the number of aircraft that will be present.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I hope everyone likes Blackhawks:

So far completed:

FP & Paints
111 UH-60s
9 MQ-1C
19 CH-47

Sceneries:

Wright AAF & 8 landing locations

Still to do:

FP & Paints
49 AH-64

Scenery
Hunter AAF
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by jeanpy »

:smt026
junior
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by junior »

That is a lot of Blackhawks. Awesome!
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Post by Woogey »

Hey Click,

RipCord and I have a little project going out on the West Coast. If you could be so kind as to not worry about Fort Lewis/Gray AAF, that would be great. I think everyone will be very pleased with our little project when it is done. Although, it will be for FSX/P3d. -Woog
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sounds nice, but not so good for some of us.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Woogey wrote:Hey Click,

RipCord and I have a little project going out on the West Coast. If you could be so kind as to not worry about Fort Lewis/Gray AAF, that would be great. I think everyone will be very pleased with our little project when it is done. Although, it will be for FSX/P3d. -Woog
Don't worry on that account. My next project is most likely Fort Carson
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

clickclickdoh wrote:A little closer every day:

All scenery elements except for Hunter AAF are complete. Hunter will be finished last after all the FPs are complete (about 50% right now) so that I don't make it too complex and cause it to melt computers with the number of aircraft that will be present.
If you can actually find a decent 3 view drawing of the Gray Eagle, I can mod the Predator A model for you to use. I've never been able to find a good three view drawing of it so far.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Ripcord »

Woogey wrote:Hey Click,

It might be backward compatible to FS9, not sure.

Early days, really just ideas right now, and maybe not ready to ask anybody to 'not worry about' our project, but I will say that those AI Blackhawks were pretty damn timely.

So Click, let me ask you -- how did you arrive at those numbers of those aircraft at those two bases? I'm not that smart on US Army OOB, particularly since they went to all this brigade combat team fluid organization stuff. We were talking about maybe reaching out to Victory103 or some of the others here to help do some consulting on that.

And what level of detail are you doing with the individual repaints? Are you just changing a few numbers on the side of helos, or are there squadron insignia or other markings that are getting repainted?
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

MIKE JG wrote:If you can actually find a decent 3 view drawing of the Gray Eagle, I can mod the Predator A model for you to use. I've never been able to find a good three view drawing of it so far.
I unfortunately have not found any good detail images on the Gray Eagles. I consider having found the serial numbers for the ones assigned to the 3rd CAB to have been a minor work of James Bond sluething. The Army is certainly not being very forthcoming with these aircraft. Most publicity sources on them have serial numbers censored and often have the sensor systems removed. From what I can tell, they are very close to the Block 15 airframes in size, just with a different engine & cowling and a bigger bubble up front.
Ripcord wrote:So Click, let me ask you -- how did you arrive at those numbers of those aircraft at those two bases?
I'm pulling all the serial numbers directly from Scramble and disregarding airframes that haven't been spotted in more than five years. Which unfortunately means that some units will be under represented if their aircraft aren't regularly reported. With the way the Army is moving airframes around these days, it inevitably leads to some errors. For example, an airframe that I originally put in the AL ARNG group at Birmingham has since been transfered to the GA ARNG and is now at Fort Stewart. Good luck keeping Army airframes in their right units.
Ripcord wrote:And what level of detail are you doing with the individual repaints? Are you just changing a few numbers on the side of helos, or are there squadron insignia or other markings that are getting repainted?
When units do have unique markings, I do my best to include them. For example, so far these units have had unique unit markings on them: Co. B of 2-149th (36th Infantry badge), Co. B 2-285th (45th Infantry brigade logos), Co C 2-149 ("Dustoff" logos on engine covers and/or 36th infantry badges), Co A 2-135th ("Colorado" logos on engine covers and wolf heads) & Co B 1-111th ("Mississipi" script on engine pylons. The Fort Hood pack a I made also has distinct unit markings on many of the helicopters.

Here's the problem... From doing lots and lots of Google searching, I've determined that the Army likes to repaint their helicopters all the time, and likes to change up what unit markings are on them quite often. Units heading out for, on deployment or just back from deployment tend to have a higher chance of special markings, so do Guard units. Main Line units that have been back in country for any length of time almost always have fresh green paint.

For example, no amount of Googling could turn up a single unit marking on a single aircraft at Fort Stewart other than a single "Apocalypse" title on a unknown UH-60 on deployment... likely since repainted. As a result, all of the Fort Stewart birds are serial number/weathering/exhaust stain repaints without changing the markings much.

*Edit* One more not on Army helicopter markings... The Army also likes to put temporary markings on during operations. For example, see the white numbers on the side windows of the CH-47Fs in the CT ARNG group I put out earlier. Also, some ARNG units put ARNG titles on while others don't.

The best course is just to google lots and lots of pictures of the unit you want to do and settle for one particular look they have during a certain operation/deployment etc etc.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Fort Stewart, Hunter AAF & the 3rd CAB

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w4c0w ... tewart.zip

Scenery elements included:

Hunter AAF:
KSVN: Full capability airfiled. 253 parking spaces for everything from C-5s on down.

Remagen DZ:
FSDZ: C-130 & CH-47 assault strip.

Evans Field:
FSEF: UAV & Helo

Camp Oliver:
KZ0D: Helo & light aircraft

Wright AAF:
KLHW: General Aviation, Helo,Predators & C-130 capability

UAV West:
FSUW: small UAV only

Farp:
FSFP: Helicopter FARP

Fort Stewart West:
FSWA: Helicopter training field

Fort Stewart East:
FSAE: Helicopter training field

Winn Army Community Hospital
FSWH: Helicopter pad

Note: If you have GA AI packs installed (especially the Grumman AA5, Piper Tomahawk and DA20), check for inappropriate GA traffic at KSVN and KZ0D. They should be relocated to KLHW which is the only GA airfield in Fort Stewart.

Models you will need:

UH-60s: JFAI UH-60
CH-47Fs: NBAI CH-47D
MQ-1C: MGAI MQ-1B Block_15_Clean (MQ-1C has a bigger engine and sensor dome than the MQ-1A, but these will just have to stand in for them.)
AH-64s: NBAI d_armed & longbow_armed

Libraries used:

Atsugi
Beaufort
GGSE
JGSE
Lights SS V2
MAIW ABO
Maiw Cargo
MAIW Czech objects <-- first time using that library in one of my packs so double check you have it.
MAIW Humvee
MCDMilitary
Parking lots large SS
Saint Dizier Burms

I have broken down the traffic files into most of the constituent units so that they can be added or removed individually. With the previously release SOAR files, there are right around 200 aircraft on the ground at Hunter AAF on a Sunday morning.

Enjoy.
edhave
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by edhave »

Thank you !! :D

Ed
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by jeanpy »

Thank you, very impresive package.

Jeanpy
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Amazing job, my cpu is going to hate me on the East coast for sure, starting in the Norfolk area (Langley/Oceana) to Charleston/Beaufort.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

This is getting Crazy!

Many thanks!!!
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by jeanpy »

Hi,

Is there any chance to have the US Army chièvres AB in belgium.

There is 2 US Blackhawks assigned to Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers in Europe (SHAPE).

http://www.airports-worldwide.com/belgi ... elgium.php
RD04-001.JPG
Thx

Jeanpy
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe Flight Detachment

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vy74e ... +uh60s.zip
jeanpy