The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KNUW - NAS Whidbey Island (FSX AFCAD)

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
JNDVirtual

KNUW - NAS Whidbey Island (FSX AFCAD)

Post by JNDVirtual »

There's changes afoot at NAS Whidbey Island, so I updated my AFCAD with some of the changes:

- The C-9s of VR-61 are gone, replaced by the C-40 Clipper;
- An apron expansion is up for bid to enlarge the south apron;
- Six P-8 Poseidon squadrons will be based at KNUW (two of these squadrons will be deployed);
- The parking for the Growlers has changed, so this file has spots for 44 Growlers from VAQ-129 (the FRS) and five each for VAQs 130-140, 142, and 209;
- The parking for the P-3s have been eliminated and replaced with reconfigured parking for the P-8s;
- I've painted up a couple of Boeing 737-800s as Poseidons until a model is released;
- The ILS approach for Runway 14 has been updated from the default FSX version.

I do have to patch up the scenery and move a couple of things from the MAIW version, so I may release am updated BGL, but you'll of course need the MAIW Whidbey Growlers package for the actual scenery objects.

Again, this is for FSX, so I'm seeking feedback from folks who are familiar with the changes coming to KNUW before I release this. If anyone wants to beta it, I'll send it along before uploading it anywhere.

Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: KNUW - NAS Whidbey Island (FSX AFCAD)

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

Looks awesome so far!
Windows10 Home
Intel i7 8700K at 5ghz
32gb G.Skill DDR4/3200
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti SC
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Looks good, also had hoped the FAIB guys would have a P-8 version by now.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

Good job.

I hope you'll release it....in the FS9 afcad format too ;-)
Dave Waffler
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Dave Waffler »

Looks great so far. Finally got a computer that can handle FSX, would love to finally see an updated Whidbey to fly my Prowler into. I know, I know, the Prowlers are gone, but I still love them after doing 4 US Navy Pacific cruises with them in the air wing I was with :)
stovepipe707
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stovepipe707 »

So was this ever released??
stovepipe707
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stovepipe707 »

must be radio black out lol
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

This wasn't released (yet), but it's in the pipe. Shoot me a message and I'll zip up what I have for it.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

I would like to create some decent PR background for the base -- is the AFCAD pretty well aligned?
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

I don't know how to accurately answer that one, Rip.

Basically, when I do a new AFCAD, I add a background from Google Earth into ADEX, leave the runways in place and delete virtually everything else. I try not to move the runways so that it doesn't interfere with ILS approaches and waypoints. Only if the angle is REALLY, REALLY off or if the actual runway has changed (extensions, closures, displaced thresholds, etc.) do I edit the runway.
JosefK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by JosefK »

JNDVirtual wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 21:40 I don't know how to accurately answer that one, Rip.

Basically, when I do a new AFCAD, I add a background from Google Earth into ADEX, leave the runways in place and delete virtually everything else. I try not to move the runways so that it doesn't interfere with ILS approaches and waypoints. Only if the angle is REALLY, REALLY off or if the actual runway has changed (extensions, closures, displaced thresholds, etc.) do I edit the runway.
Can you please DM me or e-mail me what you got?

Thanks;

Joe A. Kunzler
growlernoise-AT-gmail-DOT-com