The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Israeli and Indian Transports on Avsim

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Israeli and Indian Transports on Avsim

Post by Victory103 »

Dan's latest, IAF pack has flightplans.

Indian AF C-17, C-130J-30, and IL-76:

ai_indianaf_c130_c17.zip

Israeli DF C-130J-30:

ai_idf_c-130j-30.zip
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
danhult
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Israeli and Indian Transports on Avsim

Post by danhult »

The Indian package includes repaints and representative flightplans. The Israeli package is repaints only.

Direct links:
IAF C-130, C-17, Il-78, A-50: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=191572
IDF C-130J-30: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=191576

Now, to give Mike Pearson's Indian Tu-142s some company...
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Do you know if these new Israel C-130J's replace any C-130 from the MAIW Nevatim Air base package?
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

J29, looked on scramble.nl and didn't see any Super Hercs replace the current 103rd Sqdn "H" models. A couple from the MAIW package are listed as "stored", so there is a couple of empty slots in the FPs to swap in a "J". I will probably just copy and then change the original FPs to add the new models.

For the FSX users, Hindon (VIDX) or VI39 in FSX is just a runway. Google shows lots of ramp construction along with a runway extension.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
danhult
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by danhult »

I am working on scenery for Hindon for FSX. I did a very basic one a while back simply to support my original version of this package (6 C-130s and 10 C-17s), but when I got on Google Earth the other day, I saw that a lot has changed. Does anyone know whether airport bgls in FSX can be used in FS9 as long as the model libraries used are compatible with both? If so, I'll update my Hindon scenery and upload that sometime in the hopefully-near future. Also, some Avsim users have had issues with the UTT links for the RATS IL-78 and A-50 are no longer working. If you have the same issues, I do have repaints of the older Rulexy A-50 model. Message me if you want either the repaints or my current Hindon FSX scenery (using some FSX default buildings) along with a good email address for me to send them to.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I was under the impression FSX to FS9 is a no go. I had the same issue on the UTT site, but found the base pack for the -76/A-50 on Avsim.ru. Pulled up a Google image and started on a very basic Hindon to get the AI parked, basic as in 10mins worth of work. I'm sure your version is more to MAIW AFD standard.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by JohnTenn »

There is a program called 'FSX to FS9'

It creates a bgl and an xml file.

I open the xml file with ADE and compile the "afcad".

The issues arise with FSX approaches in the xml or bgl. I think there is an option to strip them out.

Changing approaches is messy in FS9. Correct terms must be used or it will not compile.

John
danhult
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by danhult »

Here's my "quick and dirty" FSX version of Hindon. I used only MAIW objects, so they should work with FS9. I didn't include any approaches, so that should make conversion easier. If someone could test it in FS9, I would greatly appreciate it. If it works out, I will upload to Avsim. I didn't add any roads or accurate buildings, so it's definitely not to MAIW ADE standards, but it gets the job done. Also, it looks like the UTT download site for the RATS Il-78 and A-50 is back up and running. If it goes down again, I do have repaints for the Rulexy A-50. Message me if you want them.

RATS Il-78 and A-50 base package: http://unitedtrafficteam.com/index.php/ ... base-model
Attachments
VI39 ADEX.zip
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 40 times