The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

General Projects Board

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

General Projects Board

Post by Greg »

Hi and welcome to the General Projects board of our forums.

As the description says, this place is to preview/discuss YOUR projects with the community.

May I kindly ask you to post all other topics, especially requests, in the "General Military AI Discussion" forum or any other appropriate forum and not here?

Many thanks! :drink:
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: General Projects Board

Post by swp53 »

Hi All,
Algerian Air Force Base Mechria (DAAY) home to 2e Escadre d'Entrainement, 620e Escadron d'entrainement Avancée consisting of 14 x Aero L-39ZA Albatros and 16 x Yak-130 trainers.
I have started on the AFCAD with MS only having the runways before I work on flightplans.
I have e-mailed my friend Ray Parker to see if he is available to do the required repaints although he is normaly busy with work this time of year.
I will keep you updated as this project proceeds.
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
COA732
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by COA732 »

Hi,
Working on Eglin AFB for FS9. I used MAIW objects from Avsim so no authentic buildings unfortunately.

Jamie
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Looking good with Eglin there. Nice to see the F-35's. Hoping someone make a package for them soon?
Dave
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

You can still start your own thread in this subforum for your project. There's no need to reply to this one. All I wanted to say is that anything not related to your own projects should go into other appropriate forums so I no longer need to move all the "does anyone have flightplans for x" or "does anyone have repaints for y" topics. ;)

Sorry for the confusion.
PB68
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by PB68 »

Hi,

...for those of you who might be interested -

I am making available " Wet Surface " Textures, which will change your Default FSX / P3D hard surface's ie, Runways , Taxiway's and Hardstand area's to look as good as those seen in the Screenshots of Ian's RAF Lakenheath Scenery.

You will need to navigate to your MAIN Texture folder of either FSX or P3D to replace the current Textures. You must back-up the current Texture's before replacing.

Here are the Download links -

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z6bv2mna8 ... nvTest.dds

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cw1g8dsz0 ... y_bump.dds

You can also use the Global Environment Map and Runway Bump texture in your own Custom Scenery, but please follow the guidelines below for doing so.

Conditions of the usage of my Textures in your own project are as follows -

The Textures are strictly offered as Freeware. I forbid either the Global Environment Map or Runway Bump Texture to be used in any payware or donationware Scenery Project.

Out of courtesy to me, please credit me accordingly, when you have used the Global Environment Map or Runway Bump Texture within your Freeware Scenery Project.

Regards,

Pete Beeby.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Awesome, Pete. I would imagine that these will be popular with FSXers plus.
Steve
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joecoastie »

FWIW: I have finished repaints and flight plans for all nine of the NOAA aircraft currently based ar KMCF (MacDill AFB).
I also had finished a small scenery/AFD for MacDill to accommodate them. Just recently I found out that NOAA will be moving to KLAL (Lakeland FL) in two months. A brand new hangar and office space is almost finished for them there.
I am going to wait a month and develop the scenery for Lakeland before uploading it. (I have the drawings of the new facilities)
Flight plans and repaints will be for FS9 and FSX but the scenery/AFD will only be FSX.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
ALEXFORZINI
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by ALEXFORZINI »

hi can you tell me if you know a converter? from fs9 to h fsx
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

What specifically do you want to convert - an aircraft, scenery, texture, flight plan?

John