The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NAS Patuxent River

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: NASPatuxent River 2018 update FS9

Post by VulcanDriver »

Apparently I had an exclude file in another MAIW package that was causing the problem. I moved the Pax scenery above my other MAIW scenery and it now works. Incredible scenery guys. Now to find which package has the exclude file.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

That might be true, but maybe the issue with his '18 update is also causing the issue with the '15 update.

So the thing is to discover what that might be.

John, what I have discovered is the old woamil package for USN and USMC C-130s had 6 excludes in place for KNHK. Do you still have them in place, because I don't.

If you don't have it download Everything, a search tool, from here http://www.voidtools.com/.
Use the portable version, I do. When you run it it will take a couple of minutes to run through your entire system and then once the database is built the search is done in real time as you type.

It should be easy to use but if you get problems with setup then I will attach mine so that you can compare it to set yours up.
It updates as you delete and create files and you can also set it to update NAS folders once a day to check storage for files.

Once up and running just search for 'knhk exc' and it came up with a list of 6 files in my system in 3 places but none of them active folders in FS9.

My guess is that they are still there, in a folder with a lower layer number than the Pax River scenery, and causing your issue.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Steve, I've installed all the MAIW packages over the years so there may will be some lurking about. I'll get that tool tomorrow.

Cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Steve used Everything but couldn't find any excludes for KNHK or Patuxent apart from the ones in current package.
John

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK so how does your scenery look?

If there is still something missing after removing all excludes then either something is stamping over your scenery or you haven't got the scenery layer number higher than all the the scenery objects used by it.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Firebird wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 08:11 OK so how does your scenery look?

If there is still something missing after removing all excludes then either something is stamping over your scenery or you haven't got the scenery layer number higher than all the the scenery objects used by it.
The PAX scenery looks great and all is OK. This morning I separated all the MAIW scenery into their own layers instead of them all being in one single layer.
John

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: NAS Patuxent River

Post by Firebird »

OK so just to confirm that you got it working with the '18 update and applied the traffic and cleared up the backups.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Firebird wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 07:10 OK so just to confirm that you got it working with the '18 update and applied the traffic and cleared up the backups.
Hi Steve Yep all working. Id still like to find what caused it in the first place. Most strange. But I'm leaving well alone mate :)
John

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

About problems related to aircrafts landing at an airport and parking to another, I've just sent to Hartwig a fix that I hope works as it does on my setup.

Giorgio
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

bismarck wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 16:23 About problems related to aircrafts landing at an airport and parking to another, I've just sent to Hartwig a fix that I hope works as it does on my setup.

Giorgio
Thanks Giorgio
John

hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

I uploaded an updated FS9 version to the download hangar to fix a few issues reported earlier in this thread.
The latest version is 1.1

The changes are:
  • fix/workaround for issue “MV-22 Ospreys getting stuck/not taxying to their parking spots after landing”
  • fix/workaround for issue “Seahawks landing on PAX5 going cross country through the trees and parking on wrong parking positions”
  • removed AFCAD file PAX4 from the scenery,
    the MV-22 Ospreys are now flying from AFCAD file 0NHK, flightplans for the MV-22s adapted accordingly
  • thinned out flightplans for the VX-1 and HX-21 Seahawks to avoid multiple departures and aircraft freezing and then disappearing at the hold short
  • fixed flightplan for the Italian F-35B (aircraft did not show up previously)
  • removed the following traffic files for optional AI traffic at Patuxent River from the scenery folder since they might cause duplicate AI traffic depending on where the traffic files are stored
    - Traffic_MAIW_Patuxent Texans.bgl
    - Traffic_MAIW_USN Airliners_KC-130s_VX-20.bgl
    - Traffic_PaxRiver_HX21_CH53.bgl
    - Traffic_PaxRiver_USNTPS_UH72s.bgl
    - Traffic_USNTPS_Superhornets.bgl
  • updated runway overview
  • updated manual
Hartwig