The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Navy unmanned vehicle squadrons

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Navy unmanned vehicle squadrons

Post by Ripcord »

Looks like this might be a fun project.

https://news.usni.org/2016/10/25/navys- ... -this-week

We already have a RQ-4 package, featuring the Global Hawk, do we not? It would seem to me that the two models are similar enough, in appearance, that we could use that same model and just do repaints for the Navy units.

I also read that they just recently announced some Navy UAV units will be 'homeported' at Mayport. Not sure if this will be the same unit that stood up at NAS Jax in October or if this will be another unit.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Re: Navy unmanned vehicle squadrons

Post by Ripcord »

Ah, OK, this article below explains it better -- the operational concepts of the 'Chair Force' and it's new Naval equivalent are still pretty foreign to me.

http://www.unmannedsystemstechnology.co ... 4c-triton/

Triton UAS uses a “remote split” operational concept, where mission crews are located at a Main Operating Base (MOB), while air vehicles and maintenance personnel are located at a FOB. The East Coast Triton UAS squadron (VUP-19) MOB is based at Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville.

As the east coast FOB, Mayport will be the launch and recovery site for four forward-based MQ-4C Triton UAS aircraft and consolidated maintenance hub for up to four additional aircraft.
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

There are three MQ-4C Tritons included in the Patuxent River update package.
Hartwig

Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

I wondered about that -- wow, so this is an easy one to do at some point, once we get some idea what the numbers/markings will be.