The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Arizona Overhaul

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Arizona Overhaul

Post by clickclickdoh »

After I post this, I'm going to hide from Greg and the Hangar admins for a while. :twisted:

First off, this is by far the most off track I have ever become on a package.

The Original Intent: Silverbell AHP

What the plan became:

Part 1: Update Davis Monthan
Part 2: Make a new scenery for the Gila Bend AF Aux field
Part 3: US Army Aviation.

Current Status:

Parts that have already been release that were never part of the plan at all:

VMFA-211 F-35s at MCAS Yuma

JASDF F-35s at Luke AFB

So, now on to Part 1 right?

Well, sort of....

While I was thinking about updating Davis-Monthan, I kind of also update the USCBP Tucson division Blackhawks onto the JYAI model and also updated 79th RQS onto C-130Js.

Those are both on the way to the Download Hangar now.

I did get around to updating Davis-Monthan finally and it is also on it's way to the Download Hangar.

Updates to Davis-Monthan include:
Helicopter operations onto their own AFD file to keep them from slowing traffic on the main runway
Added night lighting effects to the ramps
Making several minor revisions to the shape of aircraft ramps
Added newly constructed buildings
Recoded parking spaces for the relocation of the 47th Fighter Squadron from Barksdale AFB
Increased the total number of parking spaces available

PART 1 COMPLETE

Part 2: This part got just a bit out of hand. It is no longer Gila Bend AF Aux. It is now Barry M Goldwater Range. The current list of included scenery locations is:

East TAC 1: Target Airfield
Gila Bend AF Aux: Staging and Emergency recovery airfield
Luke AF Aux 7: Manned Range #1
Luke AF AUX 9: Manned Range #2
Manned Range #3
Luke AF Aux 8,10 &11 (all abandoned)
Stoval Airfield: AI Helo capable up to CH-53/V-22 size.
Williams AF #6: AI Helo capable up to CH-53/V-22 size.
Yuma Aux #2: AI Helo capable up to CH-53/ V-22 size on a simulate LHD.

I am planning on building at least Manned Range #4 and one of the simulated target airfields on the USMC side of the range.

Phase 2 75%ish complete

Phase 3: You know... the original plan. Well, it also has seen a lot of changes. Instead of just being Silverbell it now also includes Papago, the Boeing Heliport in Mesa and a couple of stage fields.

Silverbell is nearly complete, waiting for the other scenery locations to be build before AI flight planning is done

Papago isn't very far behind:

Phase 3: Mostly waiting on Phase 3 completion
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Arizona Overhaul

Post by TheFoufure »

Wow. Great project.

Thanks in advance for them.

Is it for FS9 ?

With Davis Montain, is there a second afcad incuded for the AMARC ?

Thanks for all your work.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

All parts of the project are being created for FS9, but should adapt to FSX without much effort as there is a very heavy focus on using object libraries that have FSX conversions available. FSX native paints are being included for the AI when I have access to FSX paint kits.

AMARG has not been changed since the prior version. I know that you had developed an AMARG update of your own based on the prior version. You work should still be compatible.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

What you are not going to accurately paint 4000 aircraft for AMARC? :shock: :lol:

For anybody that even remotely thinks that I am serious here, I really am not. :D
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

clickclickdoh wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 18:45 All parts of the project are being created for FS9, but should adapt to FSX without much effort as there is a very heavy focus on using object libraries that have FSX conversions available. FSX native paints are being included for the AI when I have access to FSX paint kits.

AMARG has not been changed since the prior version. I know that you had developed an AMARG update of your own based on the prior version. You work should still be compatible.
Thanks for these answers

Yes, I've made an Afcad for AMARG. Some work to do to finish it. (And some FP to do....)

Firebird wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 19:25 What you are not going to accurately paint 4000 aircraft for AMARC? :shock: :lol:

For anybody that even remotely thinks that I am serious here, I really am not. :D
Lol. Not 4000 acfts. But a lot.... only for unused/retired MAIW acft models (like all F-14, all QF-4, some F-16, some F-15, PAI KC-135 etc)
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Thanks Brent just what I need
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Ever try sleeping? Great looking project from all aspects!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Victory103 wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 00:02Ever try sleeping?
What, and give up living on caffeine?

So, I told John, before he went on holiday, that I should be finished with the Goldwater Range project in a day or two because, "All I'm doing at this point is drawing lines in the desert".

Um... So... yeah...

I got distracted and painted up VMA-214 with the new AV-8 scheme:

phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

TheFoufure wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 19:50
clickclickdoh wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 18:45 All parts of the project are being created for FS9, but should adapt to FSX without much effort as there is a very heavy focus on using object libraries that have FSX conversions available. FSX native paints are being included for the AI when I have access to FSX paint kits.

Thanks for these answers

Yes, I've made an Afcad for AMARG. Some work to do to finish it. (And some FP to do....)

Firebird wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 19:25 What you are not going to accurately paint 4000 aircraft for AMARC? :shock: :lol:

Lol. Not 4000 acfts. But a lot.... only for unused/retired MAIW acft models (like all F-14, all QF-4, some F-16, some F-15, PAI KC-135 etc)
Actually with all the retro packages available all one would have to do is create a flightplan to get them to show up.
Bazinga!
Dave Waffler
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Dave Waffler »

I had been thinking for a long time about making an AFCAD for Silverbell AHP, which folks around her call Evergreen, since it's attached to the airport that Evergreen works on bagging up airlines, and occasionally builds a couple back up and flies out. So nice to see someone beat me to the punch :)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

clickclickdoh wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 01:43
Um... So... yeah...

I got distracted and painted up VMA-214 with the new AV-8 scheme:
:lol: I thought I was awful at being distracted, its nice to know I have company. Long may your madness continue.
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

phantomfreak wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 02:13
TheFoufure wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 19:50

Thanks for these answers

Actually with all the retro packages available all one would have to do is create a flightplan to get them to show up.
Not olny FlightPlan. I've created several AFCAD (I've make different Zones in the Armarg like reality). I've make some FP for retro pack, and deleted the old FP.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks for the repaints on the AV-8s. After your F-35B mini package for -211, I went through with scramble.nl to see where all the Harriers were transferred to, most to -214.

I fly into Mesa (KIWA) a bit, but I may be living in PHX next year to verify the project for accuracy.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

There's a chunk of the south eastern corner of Davis populated with autogen scenery in my FS9 installation and I was just wondering if an exclude file or landclass file might be missing from the package?
Regards,

Alan
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Could you post a screen shot of the area? It may be there on purpose. There is a lot of area inside the fence that is unmanaged land. Everything south of the EC-130 Ramp to the runway, then again south of the runway to the perimeter fence is wild growth desert.
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Aerial view of the affected area attached (I hope!)
KDMA.JPG
Regards,

Alan
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Okay... that is certrainly not right.

Is the main ramp portion of the field clear? They are both using the same background poly
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Screenshots follow running from left to right. Note statics highlighted by blue oval:
KDMA 1.JPG
Regards,

Alan
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

KDMA 2.JPG
Regards,

Alan