The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Arizona Overhaul

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Re: Arizona Overhaul

Post by andypoppens »

Okay I get it
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

andypoppens wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 21:55 Oh sorry if I asked Tucson really deserves the Brent Newman treatment though what do you mean after the appropriate models are available
Agree, older package and many of the other countries that train at TUS have come and gone.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

clickclickdoh wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 21:38 PHX: No. Phoenix is too large an complex an airport to be done justice with the libraries available to me. It truly deserves a full custom job, many of which are already available.

Hi Andy. On AVSIM search skyharbor2009.zip.

Best regards
Miguel
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Laguna AAF is effectively finished and I have moved on to the outlaying locations withing the Yuma Proving Grounds. Laguna seemed to have an obsession with white pickup trucks. There were about a billion of them visible on Google Earth... so, you will be get a seemingly endless supply of white pickup trucks to go with the Port-a-Potty rows

Oh yeah, and a new V-22 too.
COA732
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by COA732 »

clickclickdoh wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 05:08 Laguna seemed to have an obsession with white pickup trucks. There were about a billion of them visible on Google Earth...
Area 51 too for some reason....
Jamie
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

click, love that test V-22 paint, on FSDeveloper thread for the FSX/P3D flyable Osprey model, guy mentions it was returned to the USMC.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

May have been. There haven't been any public photos of it in a few months. We will know soon enough, it registration is up for renewal a the end of the year. If so, it won't be the only slightly out of date unique paint in the sim :)
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Brent, sorry if I missed it but are there any old packages for KDMA that need to be disabled in the hangar now that V3 is out?
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Greg, the following links contain packages that are now outdated as they have been updated or are fully contained in the new V3 packages.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... tates-usaf

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... n-afb-jyai

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... h-rqs-htai
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Finally got time to check DMAv3 and the JYAI Hawgs in FSX. Just wanted to confirm I am not seeing anything crazy with parking. As many AI will park facing the wrong way until I leave the AI "bubble", I noticed the A-10s that return will park perpendicular and outside of the sun shade, assuming this is due to the stop push back node? It's a not a big deal and I normally don't sit and play spotter. I'm sure if I fly out and return they will reset in the parking spot.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes that will happen on return to park Chris. The essential thing is to kill the pushback on departure. The only way to have the aircraft return to park facing the way they left is to create a "plumbed" AFCAD. That's incredibly intricate, especially with FSX with the anti-pushback nodes and with that number of spots it's extremely error prone. Each spot would need testing for a successful return and that would take about 10 minutes for each aircraft to complete a circuit and come back in. It would take several weeks to do, if frustration didn't kill it first.

John
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Brent you couldn't have made and released this scenery overhaul at a better time the Diamondbacks will host the NL wild card game on Tuesday

Plus do you know many of the other countries that at Tucson have come and gone that's how old the package is
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Shameless teaser:

All the paints and flight plans have been completed for Silverbell, Papago and Boeing Heliport I just need a couple of days when I am not on the road so I can do some scenery design work, then this will all be good to go.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Your on the road Brent? What exactly do you do on the road
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Maybe after this you can do a Florida overhaul Texas overhaul etc
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Stop it Andy, right now.

John
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi John,
I am afraid he is just not getting the message about his postings. He needs to get his parents to moderate his postings to stop him being a right "PITA" or a ban from the forum for a while until he does get the message. Even allowing for his autism he needs raining in.
Steve
Past Beta Tester
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

John Young wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 06:32 Stop it Andy, right now.

John
Alright I'll stop just trying to give some ideas do you want me to stop posting or requesting
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Andy,
It might be worthwhile to refrain from requesting for a while until feelings calm down. They know you feelings on certain areas.

Now whilst the request you made wasn't in itself over the top the fact that it comes whilst all the other requests are still very fresh in peoples minds is the issue.

An example of a reasonable question at the moment might be:-
"Brent, do you have any other plans to overall any other US states in the future?"

You see. Rather than requesting something specific that you want you are asking him what other states he fancies doing in the future.

It is all about how you ask a question. You see my one might tempt into thinking about other such projects but which one would still be up to him. If he is at a loss for future projects he might ask for suggestions in which case you are perfectly OK to be specific.

Now I would urge you not to take my example and post it here as somebody may throw something at you. :lol:
Steve
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Maybe I'll stop posting for a while Steve can you give me some examples of better ways to post please