The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Camp Pendleton

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Camp Pendleton

Post by clickclickdoh »

This one can be moved into the semi-official "Coming Soon" category out of the "I might be working on that" pile:

One question I do have though, does anyone know the squadron order for parking assignments? There's a few of them:

The V-22 parking I have sorted out, but there are six other squadrons who all look the same on Google Earth.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Camp Pendleton

Post by Firebird »

clickclickdoh wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 18:48 This one can be moved into the semi-official "Coming Soon" category out of the "I might be working on that" pile:

:lol:
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Without actually having someone on the ground there it's almost impossible to find the parking ramps by squadron, I'll looking, but the tactical paint makes it difficult to see HMxx numbers.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Small change in design philosophy:

COA732
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by COA732 »

Nice grease marks. Are they available anywhere? :smt003
Jamie
Mattyd82
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mattyd82 »

Brent!! What are you using for your autogen trees and general land class it looks so good!?
Thanks
Matt
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

That latest shot is right out of the box FSX.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

MCAS Camp Pendleton has headed off to the Download Hangar. The download includes both FS9 and FSX versions. You get the main airfield (KNFG), MCOLF Red Beach, Pendleton HOLF a simulated LHD and two squadrons of JYAI MV-22Bs.

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Nice job!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Now available. Thanks Brent!
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

It's great to have Camp Pendleton. Thank you for the work that went into this package!
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by pslinger »

Another great addition, thanks for all the work that wen in to it, much appreciated.

Paul
david.harwood
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by david.harwood »

I am always amazed when I add any form of MAIW scenery to my sim! I run FSX and don't care what era of AI or scenery I have as I love them all! Having just installed Camp Pendleton I took a quick look in Dino's updated two seat Typhoon and loved the scenery and AI Ospreys and then noted an F-8 sat in a parking spot! Brilliant! Took a quick flight to check the scenery out form above and joined up with a T-38 in Russian Aggressor scheme and then followed an F-14 and A-4 Aggressor into Miramar! Always totally amazed at the work and dedication everyone that contributes to this site and for allowing me to have a smile on my face just because! Thank you!
sgtogre
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sgtogre »

Thank you for the long over looked Camp Pendleton. It is beautiful. Combined with Haze Grey Studios U.S. Navy, which puts an Amphibious Task Group right off shore, the Marine helicopter flight possibilities almost endless. I use ORBX Southern California scenery, which makes the surrounding landscapes very authentic. The only issue I have is trees popping up on the KNFG flight line and runways. Any suggestions on how I could correct this? Having lived most of my life in the area, the scenery is otherwise the closest to perfect yet.
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

I couldn't find the Knightrider callsign anywhere that is used in your package by VMM-164 so I created one myself and have attached it for anyone else who needs it.
Attachments
Knightrider.zip
(615 Bytes) Downloaded 407 times
Regards,

Alan
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Too kind, sir.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

sgtogre wrote: 01 Apr 2018, 13:31 The only issue I have is trees popping up on the KNFG flight line and runways.
Which sim version are you using? Your profile indicates FS9, but I think ORBX and the Navy ships addon are both FSX/P3D.

If you are using FSX, double check to make sure the file CVX_KNFG_FSX.bgl is in the scenery folder of the Camp Pendleton folder.

If P3D, you may need to wait until someone who knows more about using FSX scenery in P3D comes by. I honestly don't know if FSX terrain polygons work properly in P3D.
sgtogre
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sgtogre »

Sorry I didn't mention that it is FSX I am using. I am using CVX_KNFG_FSX.bgl. I was able to fix this tree issue in FS9 with other sceneries, but I cannot figure it out in FSX. This is great scenery and I want to be able to use it.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

If you have the CVX file in place, that leads me to believe that an outside element, most likely ORBX is conflicting with the scenery.

The last two screen shots in this thread are the FSX version of the scenery, so you can see the proper state is very treeless. To help figure out why the CVX file isn't killing the autogen trees for you, could you please tell us if the grassy area next to the runway is the same olive green color in the screen shots above, or is it a custom texture?
sgtogre
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sgtogre »

It is a custom texture, likely from ORBX. Camp Pendleton is rarely green, except a few short weeks in spring. ORBX's yellowish brown is more in keeping with the location.