The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Patuxent River P3D4

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Patuxent River P3D4

Post by Foxbat »

As a P3D4 user, I was scared by this scenery for a while. So many updates, so much to check. Tried all the updates, got holes in my airport. Deleted the STOVL or VTOL files (will fix and understand later, as I have 35 airports made myself in my Airports of Norway package).

For now, I have made the afcad and flatten anew, slowly redrawing the whole airport. I have moved a taxiway and a heliport, as that can't stay in water with ORBX Vectors. I will put a georeferenced photo into ADE, and reposition contra the FS9 positioning. Easy task.

I have also checked the object library. There was a few textures missing as _LM. Fixed that. P3D4 does not like missing textures. Well I made a few shortcuts. I'm still looking for "Rotor.bmp" and another texture belonging to a static helo. Any of you know where to get it, or how to remove that static model?

There was also the problem parts of the airport sinking into ground, so I removed those files. They are F-35B related. Doing my new flatten, I left a separate flatten in that area, till I can understand how we can get this to work.

Point is, I here have a fast, well working Patuxent River scenery for P3D4 where I also took a few artistic steps regarding coastlines. Still working on that. If all you makers involved in this approve, I'd like to upload my well working malcontent/sabotage here. Fact is it looks great, but I have to get the JYAI F-35B part working, and there I'm stalled for now.
Andrew
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Patuxent River P3D4

Post by hawk_sh »

Foxbat wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 18:20 ... If all you makers involved in this approve, I'd like to upload my well working malcontent/sabotage here. ...
From my side you can modify and upload the modifications that you want.
Be aware that most of the AFCAD files are based on the original AFCAD from the MAIW package.

I am not going to support any FSX or P3D conversion myself since I only have FS9 on my system.
The scenery is originally made for the default FS2004 scenery.
Anything that is in these AFCAD files is there for a reason. In some areas there were a few tricks necessary to work around some AI issues. I do not know whether this will work in FSX or P3D.

For FS9 I will release an updated set of AFCAD and traffic files soon to fix a few issues that were reported.
Hartwig

Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

Thanks Hartwig.

Of course you will not support anything I do. That would be like my own words in such a situation, as I am P3D4 only, and cannot, will not do support backwards. Both ways double the effort, and I don't like "double".
Andrew
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

An update:

I have solved the hole in the airport, by making the 7NHK "demo" afcad same height as the rest of the airport. I now have all F-35 types working, including using the ski jump. I will export afcads for both FSX and P3D4. I have left the object library FSX type, so it can be used with both simulators.

What's left to do:

Move one helo base and buildings to correct position. This is the "harbour" seen with ORBX Vectors. As Instant Scenery again is obsolete, I need to decompile, remove buldings in question, and reposition them with ADE.
Andrew
DMdoc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DMdoc »

I'd be thrilled to have a bug-free P3Dv4 version of Patuxent River that would be a single package rather than attempting to use multiple updates of older packages that apparently include some bugs.
I've tried to follow all the instructions, and still find that CTDs are common when slewing to look around. Maybe that's due to the bugs?
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

Maybe. For me it was slow on fps before I started converting and rebuilding. All the afcads are now converted to P3D4, and I used much of yesterday setting runway and taxiway properties so textures don't mix or shine through. The scenery is now quite fast (40 fps locked), with all F-35 types, Hercs, Orions, P8's and helos in action. I have also fine adjusted my backgrond according to an aerial photo, and it now looks very nice, following a few curved roads perfectly. I even got the apron lighting to fully work, flicker-free at 0.05 meters altitude.

What's left is to make the night textures darker. I know I have to darken them around 50%.

This new scenery will of course also have a few bugs; flickering on 3D models will be the same as I will not rebuild each model in gmax, like I did with half of my own produced airports. The water treatment plant for example, is only a flatten at 0 meters, in order to show that there is something going on by the river, including the building there :-)

Does anyone here know in which library I can find the Triton drone hangar?
Andrew
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

Foxbat wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 14:30 Does anyone here know in which library I can find the Triton drone hangar?
It is from the MAIW airbase objects (MAIW_ABO.BGL or Military Airbase Objects_JS.BGL).
Foxbat wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 14:30 ...
What's left is to make the night textures darker. I know I have to darken them around 50%.
Do you have the permission of the authors of the scenery objects to change any textures?
Hartwig

Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

See second post regarding permissions. I will of course not upload anything here if there are authors I am missing, which reminds me I will have to contact John. I have decided to not relocate or modify any 3D model, just make the lm textures darker.

Thanks for the tips on the Triton hangar!
Andrew
tonblom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by tonblom »

Any progress in publishing?