The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NAS JRB Fort Worth (KNFW)

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

NAS JRB Fort Worth (KNFW)

Post by clickclickdoh »

Hello everyone, another project has reached the point where I can admit it exists because the chance of it finishing is much higher than the chance of it being flushed.

This is an evolution of the two prior releases of Carswell AFB

All the AFCAD updating is done and all the key buildings are in place, leaving equipment, cars/trucks, trees and other detail work to be done.

Already painted and flight planned:

181st Airlift Squadron with new JYAI C-130H models
VMGR-234 with new JYAI KC-130J models

Still needing to be painted:

A\6-52nd AVN for HTAI King Air 200

Do I paint them or is everyone happy with the existing paints?:

VMFA-112 F/A-18A+: Currently in the MAIW Reserve Hornets package (likely to get updated due to MAIW package having 13 jets and there currently being 18 jets assigned)

VR-59 C-40A: Currently in one of the MAIW Navy Airliner packages with the same three aircraft still assigned.

457th FS F-16C/D: Currently in one of the MAIW... Um... something packages.
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: NAS JRB Fort Worth (KNFW)

Post by jetrange »

Wow, this looks great. I know that someone has made flightplans for VR-59 using the FAIB Clippers. The F-16s are probably in one of the Guard packages. Also, did the USMC C-9 squadron been moved to Fort Worth?
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

For F-16C/D from 457th, perhaps make a repaint of the new model from WSMG.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Awesome stuff. Quite often we see it from the air as we descend into KDFW.

I was thinking that a nice touch would be some naked F-16s and F-35s for the LM side of the field.
Of course this supposes that there are good enough pics of them naked for a painter to do them.
Steve
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Great job there Brent.

I did start an ambitious project of my own.

Alas my ambition exceeded my capabilities at the time.
There might be some buildings that could be finished off for an upgrade at some time.

John
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

VMR-1, the Marines C-9 squadron, is also based at Fort Worth after they moved from Cherry Point. I know that they're transitioning to the C-40, so I don't know how long the C-9 is going to be around. There is a C-9 texture out there, but some digging might be required.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

VMR-1 is indeed currently at NAS JRB Fort Worth, but they no longer have the C-9s. They are currently without aircraft as they are waiting delivery of C-40s.

I do indeed plan on painting up some primer layered F-35s for the Lockheed side of the base. F-16 production ended in Fort Worth last year though.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Great project and nice to see the Hercs filling up my P3D. The -112 jets should be upgrading to C models soon, I repainted a few of the B models that they had on the line, but those are supposed to go away according to Combat Aircraft Mag. This after scouring through the BuNos with scramble.nl and Martin's program, so many jets from the original packs are transferred out.

Do like the idea of a few LM factory F35s around, correct the Vipers are finished in Greenville now.

For the Army side, there was a plan to move all 6-52 AVN UC-35s to NFW. The resident C-12 unit also took on a ISR role with the 339th MI, but I am pretty sure they have gone back to straight OSACOM (VIP) missions. I have a buddy there I can ask.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Manschy »

Simply wow - nice work!
Regards, Manfred.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

It always amazes me what you can do with a few generic libraries, Brent. :smt107
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Just a small question, did Brent shelve this project? It's been months since the last post on this forum so i'm curious on what the status of this package is.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I kind of shelved everything for a bit. There have been some complications since August that have stolen my development time.

I have been getting spun back up on things recently though and have started work on the project again.
sean789
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by sean789 »

Wow. Excited for this!!! 😀
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

I was with the 301st FW for about 22 years. F-4's until the Iraqi "Shock and Awe" Campaign started and then to F-16's. Word is that they're in line for the F-35 in the not too distant future. Looking forward to seeing this one completed. Thanks for your efforts!
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

Will this be released this year?
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

That's going to be Brent's decision. I believe he has his hands full on the upcoming Hawkeyes and Greyhounds, but we'll see.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Brent's not working on the Hawkeye's and Greyhounds. I'm not sure what he's doing FS-wise at the moment, if anything.

John
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

I have not had contact with Brent for a while now.

The reason for the delay has been the introduction of an unreliable source of models.

Brent shared this version with me.

I have removed many items and was intending to replace them with new models. Which I intended to create.

This is what it looks like now.

John
Attachments
KNFW_p2.jpg
KNFW_p1.jpg
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Sorry guys, I'm still around but the last couple of months have been particularly special. It turns out that running an executive protection and private security business during a global pandemic leaves one with little time for side hobbies.

Hopefully 2020 will give us a break soon.

I should have listened to the wife when she was trying to get me to retire last year.
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

JohnTenn wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 08:53 I have not had contact with Brent for a while now.
The reason for the delay has been the introduction of an unreliable source of models.
Brent shared this version with me.
I have removed many items and was intending to replace them with new models. Which I intended to create.
This is what it looks like now.

John
I assume the two pics indicate the Navy/Marine area. . .the 301st/457th (and the C-130 Group) would be located (looking at the bottom pic now), out of the frame to the left.