The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Problem at LIED (Decimomannu)

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Problem at LIED (Decimomannu)

Post by bismarck »

Hi all.
It's long time I have a problem with Decimomannu (LIED).I use an addon scenery coming from www.awtideci.com and found on Avsim like lied2004.zip.I also have an updated AFCAD for it.
The problem is with the parking of AI aircrafts.
When I'm spotting AI from LIED, and follow the landing aircrafts,they all park in the same spot!!! :evil:
I've tried to change AFCAD,modify it,uninstall and reinstall the scenery,disable other scenery near LIED......
Nothing,the problem persist..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Any idea?
Or better,any working AFCAD?

Thanks,Ciao.
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Hm, I have received once an AFCAD file from Steve ("Firebird"). Maybe you contact him...
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Have you looked at the AFCAD? I'm not at home, but I'm fairly sure the one I looked at didn't have the parking spots connected to taxiways or apron links.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

It sure sounds like a case of multiple AFCADs to me.
Ciao,
KJ
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Thanks to all,but......wrong answer... 8)

@Celticwarrior
All parking spots are connected,otherwise the aircrafts couldn't park there,they'd go to another spot.

@KevinJarvis
Already checked! 8) I'm absolutely sure I have only one AFCAD.

@Firebird
As suggested by sprocky....Have you got a working AFCAD for LIED?If yes,can you send it to me?It would be much appreciated. :D

Any other :idea: ?

Again,thanks to all.
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Why not attach a copy of the AFCAD you are using, maybe some of us could see if we could see whats wrong?

Just a thought!
Where did I put my beer??!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Bismark,
I have no problem sending you what I have done on it so far, still haven't got around to finishing it.
I am on R&R in the States at the moment, so it will have to wait until I get back home in just over a week.
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

No problem Firebird.
In the meantime,sprocky sends me his AFCAD (thanks :wink: ) and it seems to work correctly.(tests not finished)
If it'll work,I'll add some other spots.This one has only about 35-40 spots,mine one had 65.

Thanks.Ciao
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Hi bismarck,

I knew about the limited parking spots. But if you are on the way to add some more I would like to have a copy of the reworked one as LIED is pretty crowded in my sim now. Probably to many MAIW packages installed and some of my own stuff :wink:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Sprocky,surely I'll send the afcad when it'll be finished and working.
I've added other spots,now it is at 66.Test was ok.
Then I've added ILS, a taxiway at the end of runway 35 and a link in the north zone,and the problem reappear! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now I'm testing again deleting step by step the last modification.

Hope to give you good news soon. :roll:
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Resolved the problem. :lol:
It was caused by the new exit added at the end of RWY35.I put the taxiway but forgot the Hold short point..... :oops:

Now all it's ok.
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Thanks. Will test it as soon as I have time to launch my FS9 again and let you know what I think of.
Jan
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Ok, bismarck, had a look at your AFCAD file. It has more parking spots than it had before. I may change it for more realistic parking (assigning parking codes) as soon as I have time launching my FS again. I remember the german a/c were parked in the area of parking 20...27 and the italian aircrafts were parked between parking 15 and 18 (according to the AFCAD parking numbers; do not know the real ones).

I wish I could do something with the long runway as most times when aircrafts land I have so many go arounds and the queue of a/c waiting for takeoff clearance gets longer and longer...

Thanks for the file !
Jan
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

sprocky wrote:I wish I could do something with the long runway as most times when aircrafts land I have so many go arounds and the queue of a/c waiting for takeoff clearance gets longer and longer...
The exit that caused the problem has been added to decrease the go-arounds. :wink:

Ciao
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi all.Another little upgrade to my LIED AFCAD.
Increased the number of Parking spot to 77 and some code assignement.Not real,just to fit my needs.

The most important change,regards the runway.I've decreased its width and added new exit at about 3/4 of the runway 35.The number of "go around" drastically decreased.

It's not perfect, but I think it's a good way to use in busy airports.

Feel free to modify this AFCAD.

Ciao and Happy New Year
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

It's not perfect, but I think it's a good way to use in busy airports
I use this method a lot. The airport is not as realistic, but at least you can get planes to land :D