The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Volkel Airforce Base AI

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Volkel Airforce Base AI

Post by Thud »

Hi all,

I am new on the board but just wanted to show you allready some screens of an AI I am working on together with my mate (known here as Superbuggz). I got him crazy enough to make repaints of about 70 F-16's as they flew from Volkel in the late 80's.

I have just finished the AFCAD, exclude file and working hard on the flightplans. Please take a look at the pics and let me know if you like it.

Best regards,

Arjan
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Jack Broughton - Going Downtown
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hey Arjan !

Have heard a lot about you already via your "mate" :wink:

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the result.

Greg
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

Hi Greg,

That's mutual....allthough I hope good stories only.

I'm finishing the freqs on Volkel and some last taxiways.
Allready have the flightplans for 306 Squadron. 311 and 312 still needs to be done.
I also moved some Vipers to Goose Bay to ease of the density at the base. The Dutch Airforce (KLu) always maintained detachments of Vipers at Goose Bay in those days.

Best regards,

Arjan
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
MidNight
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MidNight »

Looking good :D Is it gonna be avilabele to D7L on Avsim or something when u are finnis'd with it??

Sven
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

Hi,

Yes, it will be available. Never uploaded something to AVSIM yet but I am sure we can find a way to get they package to you by then.
Best regards,

Arjan
Fastair
Captain
Captain

Post by Fastair »

Some more Retro AI !!!!!!!
Great stuff, looking very good gentleman. Shall be looking out for this .....

Regards,
MidNight
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MidNight »

Thud, Is it possibele for u to PM when is reagy, that would be nice =)

Sven
Superbuggz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Superbuggz »

All the aircraft (and a few more, except for 1 special) are ready, but Arjan still has a couple of things to do like enhancing the scenery part and finalising the flightplans etc, but we've come a long way

here's an easter egg which you might run into;

Besides this, we are working on some more projects, keywords for some are Wolfhounds and NF-5s, so be prepared for some serious 70's and 80's action !!

And Greg, be prepared for some "neighbour" action, but don't start to complain about the noise !! ;)
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Looks like good work guys, keep on :D
Pascal
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

Oh yes, there are certainly are some Vipers going to Belgium. Bevekom, KB, Florennes....

And I must not forget to carefull check the outfitting of those birds. A "clean" F-16 on a flight to Orland in Norway doesn't make much sense.

Will keep you posted!
Fastair
Captain
Captain

Post by Fastair »

Your news only gets better !!!
Congrats guys, stunning work.

Regards,
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Nice to see you two are so busy !

Bring 'em on guys, we can take it, Belga on 373.55 :P

Greg
Superbuggz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Superbuggz »

Tirithon wrote:Nice to see you two are so busy !

Bring 'em on guys, we can take it, Belga on 373.55 :P

Greg
Sure you can handle 70 vipers, 60 C160's, 80 NF-5's and 50 F-15C's ???

:roll:
Ruud
--
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

I was only referring to this my friend. :wink:
Thud wrote:Oh yes, there are certainly are some Vipers going to Belgium.
Greg
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

What!!!!! Do I have to make so many flightplans? Bye bye spare time.
:wink:

Haha...well we'll make them..it will be busy over the Vliehors and Jackpot ranges!
Superbuggz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Superbuggz »

Thud wrote:What!!!!! Do I have to make so many flightplans? Bye bye spare time.
:wink:

Haha...well we'll make them..it will be busy over the Vliehors and Jackpot ranges!
About time you got off that lazy butt !....... ;)

And no worries Greg, we won't be causing you a burn-out, btw, thanks for spreading the AI virus towards us !!

:roll:
Ruud
--
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

I got of that "lazy"butt and finished the flightplans for the single seat Vipers. Only have to do the F-16B's (about ten of them) and finishing the parking specs and afcad. Shouldn't take to long now but do try to give the flightplans a realistic look on the operations.

Some teasers;

Tuesday 13:30h lt. The tower told the C-160 better not to throttle up and hold. Otherwise a F-16 kill mark would have looked nice underneath the cockpit window. As you can see the planes aren't tied up to their correct identity yet. The J635 is about to take off to Zweibreucken together with the J628. The J870 and J876 are both to depart to Leeuwarden Air Force Base. The J879 will make a run on the range on the small Vlieland Island.

A RAF Jaguar rolling on to the runway. The 879 just started it's take off.

Tugged in on the wing of the J879 (yeah, I know it's the 643 but see the earlier remark) towards the range somewhere near the IJsselmeer. The 870 can be seen on her way to Leeuwarden.

Banking away from the island of Vlieland away from the range. Unfortunetaly not visible, will see if can make some scenery. The range is called Vliehors by the local people but is called the Cornfield range by the military. From above the color of the sand resembled much of a cornfield............and that even without too much booze!

Just returned base from our mission to the Cornfield and the Jag is resting on the Safaripark.

Enjoy.........
e.daalder
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by e.daalder »

This is a nice package Thud. Are you planning to make a version that is compatable with the NL2000 scenery? In this scenery you have al the dutch military airfield in great detail so why create your own?
Looking forward to your package

Edwin
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

The NL2000 scenery is not really up to my taste, to put it that way and the newly released Holland scenery is to hard for my laptop.

I know that this isn't the best scenery either, but it will work, look like Volkel (I will probably update the scenery once with HAS etc.) and stuffed to the throat with F-16's........
Superbuggz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Superbuggz »

e.daalder wrote:This is a nice package Thud. Are you planning to make a version that is compatable with the NL2000 scenery? In this scenery you have al the dutch military airfield in great detail so why create your own?
Looking forward to your package

Edwin
Creating our own package allows us to date-back the scenery to the era of our pack, in this case approx 1989. NL2000 is a great project, a thing we could never(?) achieve ourselves, but as Arjan already mentioned, it doesn't appeal to us as we intend to beef up the airfield with all kinds of military airport related stuff like HAS shelters, ground equipment etc., just the way we have in mind.
But feel free to run this side-by-side with the NL2000 (if/when possible).
Project still very much under construction. Arjan works his butt off on the AFCADs, flightplans etc., and I'm working on the aircraft, including the various rotations that took place during that year.

And especially of interest to you Edwin, one of the plans on our shelves is to create a "De Kooy" package too, but first we need to master AI Helicopter movements..... :roll:
Ruud
--