The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Rhino

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
fmm40fr

Rhino

Post by fmm40fr »

Time for me for a thread in this place. So, some pictures of the rhino AI (few updated)

First shots of the reco variant wearing european one scheme.

f14driver

Post by f14driver »

Looking very nice Fernando
Savage
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Savage »

That looks great :D

If this is Mr Martinez can I just say thank you for providing us with such an excellent Tornado Ai model, I was really in need of one for a while before it :)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Splendid stuff, Fernando.
Steve
The Jason

Post by The Jason »

Yes! Thank you for these!!!

One question, are those Brit F-4 models Spey powered?
fmm40fr

Post by fmm40fr »

The Jason wrote:Yes! Thank you for these!!!

One question, are those Brit F-4 models Spey powered?
The FRG2 (landing) have specific mesh & texture. An old shot :

The other one is a J model => J79
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Can I have an Israeli F-4E please... :wink:

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

Great work Fernando! You have certainly captured the look of the Rhino very well. :D

Mike
Calvin Gwin
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Calvin Gwin »

WOW! Those look great Fernando! Who still uses the F-4 in the world, I know RAF but the only other countrys that I knew used them is USA, Isreal, and Germany but I dont know who got rid of them except for the US (although they still use them as targets) I dont do vintage AI but Id hate to see those US birds go to waste, I wonder If there are any privatly owned ones that still fly?
Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper?
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

The RAF F-4's got chopped up I'm afraid, except for those in officially sanctioned museums and those used for ground targets.

The CAA (the UK equiv of the FAA) has banned the private ownership of airworthy F-4's. I saw a collection of nose sections, from the rear cockpit forward, at a disused airbase awaiting sale to enthusiasts.
Israel uses it as reserve aircraft, it take part in the recent Lebanon action though.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
fmm40fr

Post by fmm40fr »

Calvin Gwin wrote:WOW! Those look great Fernando! Who still uses the F-4 in the world, I know RAF but the only other countrys that I knew used them is USA, Isreal, and Germany but I dont know who got rid of them except for the US (although they still use them as targets) I dont do vintage AI but Id hate to see those US birds go to waste, I wonder If there are any privatly owned ones that still fly?
As far I know :
Japan still use two wings of F-4EJ and one wing of RF-4EJ/F-4EJ (one squadron per wing).
South Korea have one wing of F-4E (three squadrons) and one wing of F-4D (two squadrons)
Egypt have one wing of F-4E (two squadrons)
Turkey have two wing of F-4E (five squadrons, plus one squadron of RF-4E)
Greece have one wing of F-4E (three squadrons) and one wing of RF-4E (two squadrons)
Germany have two wings of F-4F

Israel and Iran have some phantoms, but the organisation is unknowed or a bit obscure.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

They look great Fernando - can't wait for the pack; I can just see the Starize RF-4C coming up now!! :D Thank you
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Looking absolutely superb!!!! :smt041
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Superbe Fernando

There willbe some great packages in the future!
Pascal
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Don H »

Calvin Gwin wrote:WOW! Those look great Fernando! Who still uses the F-4 in the world, I know RAF but the only other countrys that I knew used them is USA, Isreal, and Germany but I dont know who got rid of them except for the US (although they still use them as targets) I dont do vintage AI but Id hate to see those US birds go to waste, I wonder If there are any privatly owned ones that still fly?
But there are a lot of us oldtimers who served with the Phantom II who do do vintage ai, and these Phantoms are causing us to salivate all over our keyboards.

No Phantoms will ever fly in private hands, not in the US, anyway. They are all retained in military ownership, even those that are in museums. In fact, that goes for all military fighter aircraft from the late 50's onward. Seems the Dept of Defense doesn't trust the public to follow the "no armament" rule.
Don H
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Don H wrote:
But there are a lot of us oldtimers who served with the Phantom II who do do vintage ai, and these Phantoms are causing us to salivate all over our keyboards.

No Phantoms will ever fly in private hands, not in the US, anyway. They are all retained in military ownership, even those that are in museums. In fact, that goes for all military fighter aircraft from the late 50's onward. Seems the Dept of Defense doesn't trust the public to follow the "no armament" rule.
Actually thas not completely true....There's a guy that lives up in New England area that had and may still have a personal Mig 21 and there is a highly popular Airshow team that flies around in F-104s and there are tons of civilian owned L-39s flying around now... so anything is possible

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/ ... index.html
(scroll down near bottom of page to see a privately owned F-4 phantom)
The Jason

Post by The Jason »

The lastest statistics for current F-4 users is from 2001, so some (notably Israel) of the data has got to be incorrect.

Egypt: 30 F-4E
Germany: 145 F-4F (110 upgraded to ICE)
Greece: 62 F-4E and RF-4E (39 upgraded to Peace Icarus 2000)
Iran: An estimated 40 F-4D and F-4E
Israel: 40 F-4E, 53 Kurnass 2000
Japan: 109 F-4EJ
South Korea: 60 F-4D, 70 F-4E, 18 RF-4E
Spain: 14 RF-4C
Turkey: 163 F-4E (54 upgraded to Terminator 2020), 44 RF-4E
United States: ~40 QF-4 at any one time*

*QF-4's are killed at a rate of ~25 a year with replenishment set at ~20 per year. QF-4s depleted by 2012.

An interesting list of QF-4 regs if anyone is interested. Seven pages worth.

http://topflightimaging.com/qf-4serials.html
The Jason

Post by The Jason »

Actually thas not completely true....There's a guy that lives up in New England area that had and may still have a personal Mig 21 and there is a highly popular Airshow team that flies around in F-104s and there are tons of civilian owned L-39s flying around now... so anything is possible
In 1991, the MCAS El Toro air show featured a privately owned F-8 Crusader: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0098079/M/
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Don H »

reconmercs wrote: Actually thas not completely true....There's a guy that lives up in New England area that had and may still have a personal Mig 21 and there is a highly popular Airshow team that flies around in F-104s and there are tons of civilian owned L-39s flying around now... so anything is possible

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/ ... index.html
(scroll down near bottom of page to see a privately owned F-4 phantom)
If you read the caption for the last pic, it says that Phantom is the "only privately owned Phantom in the world. The Collings Foundation needed an ACT of Congress to allow them to buy and operate the aircraft." However, it is an exception to my statement. Also, what I meant to say was no US made/owned military aircraft from Vietnam era onward will be privately owned. Apparently, individual exceptions will be made, on a one-on-one basis, with the permission of Congress. But even these must be inspected by, and reported to, the Dept of Defense annually, as all museum aircraft are. There are some aircraft that are rebuilt from wrecks, but again, these are exceptions.

As for the L-39s, they are unarmed, the MiGs and other pre-Vietnam era aircraft are not US made nor owned (originally.) As for the Crusader and F-104s, they were originally owned by foreign countries.
Don H
fmm40fr

Post by fmm40fr »

Someone asked for an israeli F-4E.

Just the base with the right nose... without the needed wings & slats