The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Afcad file for Nellis

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
james84

Afcad file for Nellis

Post by james84 »

I took some time to remake the Nellis AF2 file included in a package by Dave O'Brien downloadable from Avsim.
This is a substantial modification, as it has several parking spots (rows of 8 aircrafts in the southern part of the airfield, of 12 for the F-16s). I used the images available from Google Maps as a reference. It's not 100% realistic (there are less parking rows than in reality) but there is a nice amount of traffic.
Reserved parking areas for Aggressor squadrons (aircraft.cfg codes 64AG and 65AG - tail code WA), 422 Test Squadron (422T - tail code OT), A-10s (A57 - WA), F-15 from 57th FW (57FW - WA), Thunderbirds (AD57). 17 cargo parking spots and 13 helipads, some reworked taxiways.
I used the forementioned codes alongside with the type of aircraft (ie. atc_parking_codes=A57,A10 for the A-10s and so on) and all the aircraft are at their assigned parking spaces. Aircrafts with no codes are parked in the other areas: all the aircrafts from different squadrons/nations are parked close to each other with a few randomization.
Not perfect but better than the default one and comparing to the file it has been made of, which had few parking spaces!
Enjoy and let me know if you like it!
Attachments
AF2_KLSV.bgl
(37.07 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Phantom54
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Phantom54 »

Many thanks for your Nellis Afcad. Just one note, I just found a Tornado parked under the wing of a B-1. Is it possible to change this?
james84

Post by james84 »

Hmmm... I found a similar thing, with C-130s parked close to other fighters, shadowing them with their wings...
I'll modify it a bit.
foufure

Post by foufure »

james84 wrote:Hmmm... I found a similar thing, with C-130s parked close to other fighters, shadowing them with their wings...
I'll modify it a bit.
I've seen the same...
And I also find a Lear Jet on the Bomber Apron...
james84

Post by james84 »

Ok... I added 4 bigger mil_combat spots (radius 144.36, as the mil_cargo ones). Where can I pu the BBJs?
james84

Post by james84 »

Here we are. 4 more spaces for bombers+8 GA ramps, 5 close to the aggressor area and 3 close to the cargo area on the other side. I also fixed some tarmac areas which didn't totally cover the grass.
Always let me know if there is something I can improve!
Attachments
AF2_KLSVv2.bgl
(37.52 KiB) Downloaded 71 times