The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Great Falls KGTF

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
MLMC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Great Falls KGTF

Post by MLMC »

Is anyone working on anything for KGTF Great Falls, MT? I know the 120th F-15's are based out of there..... Just wondered. I also read up on the 120th and it looks like they are supposed to have 18 F-15C's by this Summer. Quite a step up.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Not any of us that I know of. Sorry.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MLMC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MLMC »

Well then, maybe I'll give it a go. I always like to check around to make sure nobody else is doing it. I have seen that there are some sceneries available for the airport, but I usually like to go in from scratch and use the default scenery, or enhance it myself. (customize it to my liking:0) Maybe this would be a good time to put in a request for some repaints from someone????? I am not much at painting, mostly due to time constraints, and I am much better at the flightplans/AFCAD's.
USCG76
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by USCG76 »

What are looking for in Great Falls? I have a brother out there assigned to Malstrom AFB. Perhaps i can assit you depending on what your looking for.
Capt. Tim H. CAF 440Sq JTFN Wing 17 Arctic FOL NORAD Officer
MLMC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MLMC »

If I am not wrong, (which I often times can be!) I think Malmstrom is the only operating Air Force base that has no aircraft based there. Google Earth even has the runway X'd off as closed. I read something about this in the past. It is the base for ballistic missiles, I think. I might just have to look at the charts to see where the MOA's are in order to make some AFCAD's for TNG's. Other than that, if you know anyone wanting to paint some of these aircraft, great. I have had a hard time finding many pics on the internet for these. Otherwise, I should be able to get most of the stuff I need via the "googlers and the internets" :lol:
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmmmm..............AI ballistic missles...........Hmmm............. :D

MLMC, I moved this over to the appropriate forum.
Last edited by MIKE JG on 25 Mar 2009, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
-Mike G.

USCG76
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by USCG76 »

Malstrom is a US Space Command base with ICBM command and a Special SAR unit the Red Horse. Helos are assigned to the base as that is req in order to check silos for health. Montana's 120th, I thought flew the F-16?
Capt. Tim H. CAF 440Sq JTFN Wing 17 Arctic FOL NORAD Officer
MLMC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MLMC »

Good old Wikipedia says the F-16's were moved to Vermont last year, and the 131st F-15's from St. Louis are being moved to the 120th. And sorry about the varying subject, it kind of migrated into something else. It appears that pictures of the aircraft are the main problem here. I am finishing up the AFCAD right now. I always spend a bit more time and have to restart FS numerous times to make sure I get it right. I am big into the General Aviation part and like to get all the parking right for that, FBO's and etc. (more or less I like to go to FS Airports that have lots of different AI action going on)

As far as an AI ICBM, now that would be interesting! Might have to be careful though, some people may not want an American AI ICBM flying through their FS skies! Now that would be an expansion into a whole other realm for FS!!!!! :P

I guess we have the Russian space shuttle now, so who knows what might be next!?!?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

lol....true! :wink:
-Mike G.

MLMC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MLMC »

AFCAD should be up on Avsim whenever they get around to it, unless I messed things up. I put in the F-15 parking, as well as the commercial gates and general aviation, and the cargo parking west of the main runway. I will probably do some generic flight plans in a bit, even though I have no repaint or info on the planes. Couldn't help but notice a couple of F-15's were parked there anyways.... :lol: Mountain Home I am guessing???? :lol:
LoyalExpert
Cadet
Cadet

Post by LoyalExpert »

Hey guys. i Live in Montana. the base is closed down except for Helos. the F-16s fly in to the main Airport in GTF. i use to work with a guy that works on the F-16s.
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

djnocturnal has a great set of the F-15 skins over at the Paint Shop area for download. Looks real fine to me.

If you want, there's a pretty good KGTF scenery as part of the Montana Unleashed package (montanau.zip) by Lauren Robison. It's over at Avsim. I made small cosmetic changes to the afcad, though the original afcad that comes with it has the 120th's spots in the correct place. The only real issue with the scenery is you need just about all of the EZ Scenery library objects. The author has a good solution to that problem too. You'll also get some pretty nice renditions of Montana's smaller airports that you can use if you'd like.

I replaced the vipers with the eagles, and made some generic flight plans and life is good.