The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI-Aircraft Editor

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

AI-Aircraft Editor

Post by gsnde »

We will release an aircraft editor mainly targeted on AI aircraft with the next release of ADE. This program is currently in open beta test on FSDeveloper. It combines functionality from AI-BBQ to change the aircraft type in the air file, from AFCAD to change the FS9 radius in the model file, and many relevant parameter from the aircraft.cfg. You can e.g. renumber the [fltsim.x] sections or mass update the parking codes for all sections.

I wanted to let you know about AI-Editor. In case you want to have a look you can find the beta test thread here.
Last edited by gsnde on 03 Apr 2009, 21:14, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Looks very interesting and useful Martin. I'll certainly use it.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

It definitely looks interesting, Martin. I shall have a play with it, when I get some time.
Steve
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Very nice. Hope to use it soon.
Kevin Jarvis

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Thanks for the feedback. The last version made available yesterday has considerable improvements of the user interface.

I received so many feature requests which I added without enough thinking about how they should get implemented that the aesthetics and usability went belly up. :oops:

The current release has made a cut to that uncontrolled growth.

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

This is the release candidate. I would appreciate your feedback. You are also welcome to tell me your ideas for future functionality here.

Known issues:
* the drive selector has no tool tip
* font in list boxes is fat
* one report that the resizing does not work

Planned features:
* Support for sound settings

Download AI-Aircraft-Editor 1.3.9

Thank you :)
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Martin,
I found one thing, using 1.3.9, in the general data panel, I made some changes to the left hand side and then some to the right.

When I pressed 'Update' it updated the stuff altered in the right hand side but reverted the stuff in the left hand side to what it was before I started.

It would also be nice if it cleared out fltsim entry lines that are not required. What I mean by this is that i found that by clearing the atc_id and atc_flight_number that the lines disappeared but it doesn't cover the lines that I would like to get rid off, in this particular case:-
panel=
sound=
kb_checklists=Lear45_check
kb_reference=Lear45_ref

It would be nice if there was an option that covered all possibilities for that version FS9/FSX, and allowed you to select entries that you did not want for all fltsim entries for that aircraft.
My thinking here is load the option panel with all lines currently in the fltsim entry selected. By deselecting them it would remove those lines on updating.
The amount of time I have spent a cleaning up entries by removing unwanted lines is just not funny.
Steve
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Firebird wrote:It would also be nice if it cleared out fltsim entry lines that are not required. What I mean by this is that i found that by clearing the atc_id and atc_flight_number that the lines disappeared but it doesn't cover the lines that I would like to get rid off, in this particular case:-
panel=
sound=
kb_reference=Lear45_ref

It would be nice if there was an option that covered all possibilities for that version FS9/FSX, and allowed you to select entries that you did not want for all fltsim entries for that aircraft.
My thinking here is load the option panel with all lines currently in the fltsim entry selected. By deselecting them it would remove those lines on updating.
The amount of time I have spent a cleaning up entries by removing unwanted lines is just not funny.
I second this thought completely.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Firebird wrote:Martin,
I found one thing, using 1.3.9, in the general data panel, I made some changes to the left hand side and then some to the right.

When I pressed 'Update' it updated the stuff altered in the right hand side but reverted the stuff in the left hand side to what it was before I started.
Steve,

Thanks a lot for your and Ford's feedback. I have combined the information on the first tab and there is only one 'Update' button now.
Firebird wrote:
It would also be nice if it cleared out fltsim entry lines that are not required. What I mean by this is that i found that by clearing the atc_id and atc_flight_number that the lines disappeared but it doesn't cover the lines that I would like to get rid off, in this particular case:-
panel=
sound=
kb_reference=Lear45_ref

This is a good idea and a useful addition. Sound support (in the sense of changing the sound) will come in a later release. I think I will offer this key clearing in an additional window which you can open via the 'Tools' menu.

Are these four keys all? If not, which else should I treat as deletable?
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

gsnde wrote:Are these four keys all? If not, which else should I treat as deletable?
For FSX, I 'm fairly certain the only "required" keys are:
title=
sim=
model=
texture=

provided that you have a [General] section and Category=airplane.

For FS9, it might be different, but I don't think so..

Edited to add:
Reworded first line to reflect certainty after I deleted all but those 4 keys for the F-15C's and checked at Elmendorf. All were present.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Martin, the only for sure is to go through the SDK's.
My feeling is that for the first version leave it at those 4 plus the other ones you already cover. If people want others added, they will say and you can add it later.

Of course if you want to make it perfect from the get go, then I refer the honorable gentleman to my first sentence.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

OK, here we go.

Changes to last public version 1.3.9:

* New menu: Settings / Auto Backup
* New menu: Tools / Delete keys
* Elements on Tab1 combined with only one update button

-> New menu: Settings / Auto Backup

This setting is enabled by default. The status is saved and applied on next start. If enabled AI-Editor will create a backup of the original aircraft.cfg before you start messing it up. Mind you, there is no versioning. But you can always return to the pre-AI-Editor state of the file. For obvious reasons the backup file is saved as aircraft.owl :wink:

-> New menu: Tools / Delete keys

This is what I have made out of your request. Selecting this gives you an option of 17 [fltsim.x] keys which you can tick individually. For convenience I have added a 'Select all' and Select none' button. If you press the 'Delete' button, the selected keys will be deleted in all [fltsim.x] sections.

-> Elements on Tab1 combined with only one update button

This ends the clumsy situation with two 'Update' buttons on Tab1. The main downside of that design was that you could make changes in both sections, but only the part where you press update would have been saved.

Download AI-Aircraft-Editor 1.3.12

Thank you for the valuable input. Don't be shy if you have further good suggestions.
Cheers,
Martin