The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Military Flightplans

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
james84

Military Flightplans

Post by james84 »

Ok, here we are!
As I'm having fun in making lots of flightplans with RPP's compiler, I decided to open a single dedicate thread if you don't mind and the admins agree.
Here is a new one: German Tornadoes. The plans are for all the 5 bases where the aircrafts are based (Norvenich, Buchel, Ingolstadt-Manching, Lechfeld, Schleswig Jagel) and all cover destinations around Europe (all the airports where Tornadoes are based in Italy, UK, Germany and some other airports around Europe). I tried to send them to the US but the plans wre too long and impossible for a fighter (although it's capable of in-flight refuelling), so you'll see them around Europe only.
Just a note: the plans for the Norvenich Tornadoes I included are the ones you can get here
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=144117

I just changed the numbers of the aircrafts and included Ray Parker's special liveries, which are availabel on his website.
The repaints I used are part of a big package which included several aircrafts, but I don't remember where I found it.
Make sure you have proper afcads for the airports mentioned above!

Download below.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... -luftwaffe
james84

Re: My Flightplans

Post by james84 »

Algerian C-130H-30.
Repaints for the C-130H are not available.
The aircrafts are based at Boufarik (DAAK), for which I didn't find any afcad on the web... has anybody got one??

Download below.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... -air-force
james84

Post by james84 »

Spanish (2x) and Canadian (5x) A310s.
The former are based at Torrejon (LETO), close to Madrid, the latter at Trenton, Ontario (CYTR).

Spain.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... e-grupo-45

Canada.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... med-forces
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sprocky »

james84 wrote: Just a note: the plans for the Norvenich Tornadoes I included are the ones you can get here
Hm, did you ask the author for permission? I don't remember having received such a request from you :roll:

Anyway, permission granted. :mrgreen: Include credits next time.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
james84

Post by james84 »

sprocky wrote:
james84 wrote: Just a note: the plans for the Norvenich Tornadoes I included are the ones you can get here
Hm, did you ask the author for permission? I don't remember having received such a request from you :roll:

Anyway, permission granted. :mrgreen: Include credits next time.
No, I didn't, sorry for that :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ... and I didn't even know you were the author!
Anyway, my intention is to share my plans only here on the MAIW board, nothing else.
Next time I'll be more careful, I promise!
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

It's okay. I don't really care if someone includes my work - as long as nobody has to pay for it. :wink:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
james84

Post by james84 »

sprocky wrote:It's okay. I don't really care if someone includes my work - as long as nobody has to pay for it. :wink:
Thanks!
Don't worry, I'm not going to make money with it, I've already auctioned the whole flightplans package on eBay! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

One note: my flightplans may be a bit outdated since they were made a while ago. Some aircraft may have been taken out of service or assigned to a different base. Last thing happens quite often after major overhauls at Manching.

Also to those that use my "retro" MFG2 flightplans: the base (ETME) was disbanded (2005), aircraft have been retired (some are on display) or re-assigned to the Luftwaffen bases and the airfield itself has been demolished in most areas. If you want to keep your FPs up-to-date you may delete those flights to ETME.
Jan
james84

Post by james84 »

sprocky wrote:One note: my flightplans may be a bit outdated since they were made a while ago. Some aircraft may have been taken out of service or assigned to a different base. Last thing happens quite often after major overhauls at Manching.

Also to those that use my "retro" MFG2 flightplans: the base (ETME) was disbanded (2005), aircraft have been retired (some are on display) or re-assigned to the Luftwaffen bases and the airfield itself has been demolished in most areas. If you want to keep your FPs up-to-date you may delete those flights to ETME.
In fact, while compiling the flightplans for the missing bases, it was difficult to get the correct numbers for all the aircrafts, so many of them may be randomly assigned and may belong to other squadrons.
I used this method: using Airliners.net's search engine, I entered the name of the base and looked for the Tornado-related photos, using the registrations I found in the flightplans, without inserting regs related to scrapped/cannibalized/written off aircrafts.
Unfortunately it is difficult to distinguish the aircrafts belonging to different squadrons because the only visual distinction is the (small) badge on the tail. All the registrations start with 45, 46, 47 etc. followed by another number.
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

The German Tornado serials range from 43+01 up to 46+57 with a number of test/prototype aircraft carrying 98+.. serials. Off course you leave out a huge number that has crashed or been scrapped over the years.
For more information on serials I advise you take a look at the following databases:
http://www.ondutchwings.nl/db.php
or www.scramble.nl

Good luck!
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Jack Broughton - Going Downtown
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks for the links!
I knew the Scramble website, but not the other one!
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

james84 wrote: All the registrations start with 45, 46, 47 etc. followed by another number.
The regs for the German Tornados have been assigned in a simple way: Take serial number and add 300. Use a "+" after the second number (except for prototypes or test aircraft).

Example:
SN: 4087
Reg=43+87

In my active time (up to year 2000) Lechfeld had only ECR's which were the later serials. In general the regs start with 43+.. and end with 46+.. Many of the 43+.. and 44+.. have been retired though. I remember 43+55 and 43+87 having Mk101 engines while all the other a/c on our base (45 and 46 serials) had the Mk103 ones.

While looking on a.net I noticed there are still a few flying in Navy colors :mrgreen: Good old times :wink:
Jan
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

I seen 4301 on some photo from last year i think or maybe 2008,that is the oldest one.BTW i made a big research last year when I made my tornado scale models and because of that i have some information...
james check scramble forum also not only database there are people who spotting airbase in Germany and publish serials...

cheers
VIVA LA VIDA
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks guys!
In the meantime, here are the plans for the Taiwanese Mirage 2000s. 37 aircrafts in total.
You can get the repaints by Michael Person on Avsim, look for
pai_mirage_2000bd_rocaf.zip
pai_mirage_2000c_rocaf.zip

Simple Afcad for Hsinchu (RCPO) included!
Attachments
ROCAF Mirage 2000.zip
(12.48 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
james84

Post by james84 »

Taiwanese Vipers.
Afcad for Hualien (RCYU) included, you have to get one for Chiayi (RCKU).
Repaints:
htai_f16c_d_rocaf.zip

by Graham King available on Avsim
Attachments
ROCAF F-16s.zip
(37.96 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Last edited by james84 on 07 Mar 2010, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
james84

Post by james84 »

Qatari Mirage 2000s, based at Al Udeid (OTBH).
Repaints by Michael Pearson available on Avsim, search for
pai_mirage_2000c_qatar.zip
pai_mirage_2000bd_qatar.zip
Attachments
Qatari AF Mirage 2000.zip
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
james84

Post by james84 »

Ah, feedback is welcome of course!
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Feedback: nice work but currently too busy to have a look at or to install. :mrgreen:
Jan
james84

Post by james84 »

sprocky wrote:Feedback: nice work but currently too busy to have a look at or to install. :mrgreen:
When you install them, of course!
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Had a quick look at the Qatar plans. You make them fly on Western weekdays. I thought their days off are Friday and Saturday which should make them fly Sunday through Thursday :wink:
Jan