The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Aviano ADE scenery

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
james84

Aviano ADE scenery

Post by james84 »

Now that I understood how to work with bgl libraries in ADE I started to work on Aviano (Pratica di Mare is already available as Giorgio already stated). The base is the default airport. The taxiways were completely removed and redesigned using a Google Maps image as a template, and the runway has been shortened. I used MAIW RAF libraries and the trees are from Nellis. Maybe it's too British-like with those buildings, but the hangars look fine... what do you think? I also have a question: I've already ran a search here and found that the thumbnails have to be taken ingame in order to have them. Has anybody got a list with a description of the objects contained in MAIW's libraries?
FlyEF
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Aviano ADE scenery

Post by FlyEF »

James, please take a look to ModelConverterX at fsdeveloper.com. In ModelCoverterX you can open the Library.

Horst
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

FlyEF wrote:James, please take a look to ModelConverterX at fsdeveloper.com. In ModelCoverterX you can open the Library.

Horst
Also when using ModelConverterX, it has the function to save a image of the objects which you then can import into ADE library manager. This alows you to view a thumbnail of the object while producing in ADE9.

Regards

Mark
Mark
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks guys, very useful!
EDIT: just tried it. I tried to open one of the libraries, but I can't see anything, only a bule background, thought the objects are loaded. What shall I do?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

james84 wrote:Thanks guys, very useful!
EDIT: just tried it. I tried to open one of the libraries, but I can't see anything, only a bule background, thought the objects are loaded. What shall I do?
So I just opened ModelConverterX, pressed the Import button then selected a object BGL in my case the MAIW JGSE.bgl. Then all 55 objects load up into the viewer with no problems.

Thats all I can say about the proggy.

Mark :D
Mark
FlyEF
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by FlyEF »

In german systems i have to set the decimal seperator to point, not to comma.

Horst
james84

Post by james84 »

campbeme wrote:
james84 wrote:Thanks guys, very useful!
So I just opened ModelConverterX, pressed the Import button then selected a object BGL in my case the MAIW JGSE.bgl. Then all 55 objects load up into the viewer with no problems.

Thats all I can say about the proggy.

Mark :D
Hmmm... I tried to open several different BGLs, but nothing appears... only some warnings in the event log! Maybe it depends on the fact that I'm using Win 7?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

No clue whats happening there James.
Mark
james84

Post by james84 »

campbeme wrote:No clue whats happening there James.
Ok, nevermind! :D
I'll add the objects without looking at them before, it will be a surprise! :mrgreen:
Just a last question: how many libraries are there? Nellis and RAF... what else?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Well I have never counted them.

You will find most MAIW scenery comes with its own custom objects, plus the object library stuff as well.

Mark
Mark
FlyEF
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by FlyEF »

James, set the decimal seperator to point.

Horst
james84

Post by james84 »

FlyEF wrote:James, set the decimal seperator to point.

Horst
How? :?:
Anyway I found a solution: decompiling a library and placing the objects, compling the airport bgl and open the game so that I can see them. A bit tedious but works!
FlyEF
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by FlyEF »

James, this is a setting of the operating system. I don't have Windows 7, only Windows XP. I Think this is under Regional and language settings. ModelConverterX must have a period as seperator. You can change it (and later you change it back). You also can set the region settings to UK or USA.
I have tested it. With comma as seperator I get the same errors like you, with a period as seperator I can see the Models in the Nellis library.

But you can load the library into ADE and then set the objects. You don't have to decompile the libraries.

Horst
Lenny
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Lenny »

james84 wrote:...but the hangars look fine...
The shelters used in the Lakenheath F-15C/D/E Package are the correct one's. These are the types to be found at USAF(E)-bases.

These shelters (open/closed versions) are available on flightsim.com.
Search for has_lib-1.zip. They are under the category of FSX Scenery Objects,but maybe they also work in FS9?

Looking good!

grtz,

Lenny
james84

Post by james84 »

Lenny wrote:
james84 wrote:...but the hangars look fine...
The shelters used in the Lakenheath F-15C/D/E Package are the correct one's. These are the types to be found at USAF(E)-bases.

These shelters (open/closed versions) are available on flightsim.com.
Search for has_lib-1.zip. They are under the category of FSX Scenery Objects,but maybe they also work in FS9?

Looking good!

grtz,

Lenny
Thanks Lenny!
I noticed it, the ones I used don't have doors. I tried the ones you sugested: though ADE recognizes them, they are not visible in the game. Maybe there are similar hangars in some MAIW scenery?
Anyway, I finished the "airside", which seems to work fine with AI aircrafts, and now I'm working on the "landside" adding houses and other infrastructures! :mrgreen:
Nellis has some very interesting buildings...
Lenny
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Lenny »

[/quote]...Maybe there are similar hangars in some MAIW scenery?...[/quote]

In the Lakenheath F-15 Package, there is an high detailed scenery included of the airbase, with the same (type of) shelters as in the file @ flightsim.com. Maybe you can use them from there?

grtz,

Lenny
james84

Post by james84 »

Lenny wrote:
...Maybe there are similar hangars in some MAIW scenery?...[/quote]

In the Lakenheath F-15 Package, there is an high detailed scenery included of the airbase, with the same (type of) shelters as in the file @ flightsim.com. Maybe you can use them from there?

grtz,

Lenny[/quote]

Yes, I found them!
I manage to decompile and place them but they don't appear when the scenery is loaded!
Lenny
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Lenny »

Sorry James, but here I have to pass. Maybe someone here with more knowledge of scenery building and or with ADE can assist you further. Hopefully it will let to an solution.

good luck!

Grtz.
Blank Fang
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Blank Fang »

james84 wrote: Yes, I found them!
I manage to decompile and place them but they don't appear when the scenery is loaded!
Make sure the MAIW Scenery is lower in priority than yours so it gets loaded before your scenery starts looking for it.

To start with place your scenery at the very top of the scenery list in FS.
-----
Willy
james84

Post by james84 »

Blank Fang wrote:
james84 wrote: Yes, I found them!
Make sure the MAIW Scenery is lower in priority than yours so it gets loaded before your scenery starts looking for it.

To start with place your scenery at the very top of the scenery list in FS.
-----
Willy
Thanks, Willy!