The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

German Navy Tornado

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

German Navy Tornado

Post by sprocky »

Hi,

I am currently working on a package for my old home base ETME. Sadly it was closed last year but I would like to bring it back to live. They used Tornados there but I could not find an AI-friendly repaint (besides a special livery at avsim). I was wondering if someone could do a repaint for me ? Since the variation were not so big I could change the IDs in that repaint myself for the whole fleet then. I am not a painter so thats why I would like to ask someone of you guys to help me out. I just started with representative FPs which for example include CYYR via BIKF, TJNR via LPLA, LIED, ENBO, LPOV, several airshow visits on weekends EGVA, LMML, LOXZ, EDDB, etc. All airports listed in these flight plans have been visited by those Tornados in the past as I rememeber the trips to LIED and LPOV and I have access to the chronicles - and sure Anet :wink:

So, if someone could help me on this he will be given credits in the readme. :-)
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

you can try www.repaints.here.ws/ Andy (guy who runs it) is a great painter & very helpful. Just mention me (merlin101), sure he'll help you
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

merlin101 wrote:you can try www.repaints.here.ws/ Andy (guy who runs it) is a great painter & very helpful. Just mention me (merlin101), sure he'll help you
When I click on your link I receive an almost empty site. Could you please check it ? Thanks.

Edit: works fine now.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
igorski
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by igorski »

Site was down earlier.. not sure why.. cant really complain as its free though, lol!
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Andy

Just want to say how I love your paints...Top drawer...

Cheers
Barry
igorski
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by igorski »

Thanks Barry :D Your comment's much appreciated!
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Hi again,

thank you for offering your help, Andy.

Maybe someone could give me a tip for the flight plans. The military missions that I saw in FS9 were only TNG or flying between two or more airports. In FS2000 I could record a flight and used it for AI later. There it was possible to have some patrol missions over the North Sea or some simulated "attacks" on the firing range Capo di Frasca (Sardenia/Italy) as the aircraft moved from waypoint to waypoint. I was wondering if it was possibly to add some kind of "waypoints" to the traffic airport.txt file. I somewhere else was given the tip to add an airport. But how do I do that ? Simply looking for an airport code that does not exist and looking for the coords/altitude of that waypoint I want to add ? Or do I really have to create a virtual invisible airport file (e.g. with AFCAD) ?

Any help on this is welcome.

Edit:

BTW: is the old FS2000 traffic bgl format still supported in FS9 ? I may then re-install my FS2000 and record a flight and add this one in FS9.
Jan
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

You want waypoints, you can have waypoints, but for successful operation you should stick to only one waypoint per flight. There are quite strict rules for waypoints, the following should give you most of the requirements.

There are two types of waypoint, the first (type 1) is within the current AI area such that the AI aircraft can take off from base and reach the waypoint whilst remaining within the current AI boundary area at all times. The second (type 2) is one which is at such a distance from the take off that it is outside the AI boundary as it exists at take off.

type 1:

An AI aircraft will take off and head for the waypoint where it can perform a TNG before return to base for a landing. The waypoint should have an afcad which requires only an ICAO code and a runway, which can be very small (10 x 10m for example) and can be invisible. An entry is required in the airports.txt file. The altitude of the waypoint must be no greater than 1700 ft above the ground altitude of the base airport or the aircraft will crash on the return leg. AI will follow a series of waypoints IF they are all within the same AI boundary area, BUT there could be some unusual (unrealistic) activity unless the FS session is started prior to the aircraft taking off from the base airfield. A scenery target for military AI can effectively be placed at the waypoint.

type 2:

An AI aircraft will take off and head for the waypoint and at the edge of the AI boundary it will disappear (see below for following user aircraft). At an appropriate time the AI aircraft will reappear at the boundary incoming to the base for landing. An entry with ICAO code is required in the airports.txt file. Multiple waypoints will usually result in non appearance of the aircraft unless the session is started prior to take off at base, in which event it is likely the aircraft will disappear at the boundary and will not reappear for landing but will probably reappear at the ramp prior to the next take off from base.

If following the AI aircraft in a user aircraft, then effectively the AI aircraft does not leave the AI boundary, in which case see type 1.
Which way is up?
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

I started this waypoint thing a little while back, but one thing that is still bugging me is there a way to make the runways totally invisible?
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

Yes, there is, but you will need to pm me for that info.
Which way is up?
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Graham,

Thank you for that information. I guess type 1 will be fine with my intentions - I need to check the distance. But there is something I do not get. As far as I know the AI aircraft will finally land on the base were it TNGs ? Am I wrong ? Will it slow down to an un-flyable speed ?

Does the entry have to look like this ?

WAYP=waypoint (target)

AC#1,4387,1%,WEEK,IFR,0/08:00:25,TNG0/09:30:42,050,F,0000,WAYP,0/09:30:42,0/10:00:00,060,F,0000,LIED

And, could you give me a copy of that pm (invisible rwy) ? :D

Thank you.
Jan
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

It will attempt to land, undercarriage down, flaps down, and will pull up for a missed approach at around 200ft altitude AGL. You should aim for one or two TNGs only to avoid difficulty, so your demonstration flightplan is OK apart from the 90 minutes flight time from base to waypoint. I suggest you compile once without the TNG notation and then adjust the leg two timing and recompile with the TNG notation inserted.
Which way is up?
Bora

Post by Bora »

Also between the arrival time at the TNG location (waypoint) and the departure time should be at least 2 minutes !

So in this case the TNG part should read: TNG0/09:30:42,050,F,0000,WAYP,0/09:32:42
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

Beg to disagree, but for what is happening here the timing is not that critical, it is not necessary for there to be a two minute minimum!
Which way is up?
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain

Post by Cianofranc »

I can send to you AFCAD of italian airbases.
LIED, for example.
Cheers
Luciano
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Hi Cianofranc,

I have downloaded LIED2004.zip from http://www.awtideci.com/fs.asp (scroll down). Will your AFCAD file fit for this airport scenery ? If so, please give me the link to download or send by email.

Project update: Had just a little time last weekend. Still looking for some aircraft IDs I could not remember nor find on airliners.net. Any help is welcome. Created Excel sheet aircraft/day and inserted visited locations (sources: airliners.net and from my memory). For example: If an aircraft is shown up in the airliners.net library as Saturday on EGVA it will definetly (with some exceptions) be seen there in FS on Saturday. Sometimes it is hard to get all visited places in a flight plan. 45+30 had a special livery in the last days of the MFG2 and visited many different airshows (EDDB,EGXW,EHVK,LKTB,LMML,etc.) which took place on weekends. As far as I know the maximum timing limit for AI plans in FS9 is WEEK. I have seen for FSX it has been exceeded to 8 (?) WEEKS (not sure for that - I do not use FSX) for the new AI ships.

Samples of what you will see:
MO Exchanging aircraft at LIED (4x dep. 10x arriving)
TU 6 aircraft go for TLP at EBFS
WE 3 aircraft move to LMML to prepair the airshow on weekend
FR Exchanging aircraft at LIED (10x dep. 4x arriving)
SA/SU Several airshows at EDDB, EGVA, LMML, etc.

If anyone knows about IDs or visited bases please let me know.
Thank you.
Jan
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain

Post by Cianofranc »

Wonderful scenery!
My afcad is for the default scenery.
YTou can download it from avsim
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=92900
Fighter Division "Eagle" Italian Air Force Bases

A touch down to Ghedi airbase (LIPL) could sounds good!

Cheers Luciano
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Luciano,

cannot remember, if MFG2 Tornadoes visited LIPL. Do you have any real world information on this ? Anyway, it might be a good addition to the LIED exercise (instead of simple TNG at LIED). I will check that.

Project update:
First 4 FPs finished.
Forgot TJNR(Roosevelt Roads,PR-closed 2004),LPLA(Lajes AB, Portugal)&LETO(Madrid Torrejon, Spain). Now included in in the first finished FPs.
The addition of the FPs mentioned above reduces the amount of movements to LIED.

In a few days I could need a beta tester for these FPs. Anyone interested ?

Edit:
At the moment I can create FPs for 43 aircrafts. Still miss some information on the IDs of the aircraft that were based at ETME. I am not sure but I think there were based 51 aircrafts.
Jan
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

There is a screen shot of the Tornado in German Navy colours. If you want to send me a list of registrations you want painted I will get on with them.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

igorski
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by igorski »

I sent the person who started this thread pictures of my German Navy tonka last night. Incidently, after being contacted by someone else I was planning MFG1 and 2 markings, then some Italian F3's - Incuding the 'white tiger' as I have a hand painted copy from my work on the IRIS F3.