The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

Post by regan123 »

Hi,

I've started work on flightplans, AFCADs and waypoints for the Russian Federation. Rather than release a full package, this is going to be added to on a per aircraft type basis. I'm starting with the Air Force bombers, then onto the transports and then the fighters. When these are all done, then I hope to begin work on the Naval Aviation side of things.

As a first stage, I've prepared some plans and waypoints for the Tu-160s out of Engels. If you are missing AFCADs, then you will be able to locate them on avsimrus.com. You will also need to have installed the MAIW packages as as these plans make use of their waypoints.

I would also like to add that I am very grateful for the help of scottr5213 and steve63 who have helped with information for this first stage.

Attached is a ZIP file with the flight plans and two .BGL files. Put the BGLs into your standard AFCAD folder (normally Add on scenery/scenery). Check that you have the aircraft installed and that the titles match up. Then compile the plans. Go to Engels (Z25A) in the early hours of Sunday morning and you should see 16 "white swans". As a bonus I've also included plans for the 2 examples at the Flight Institute (UUBW).

Comments, suggestions, information etc, as always, welcome.
Attachments
Tu160.zip
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

Post by Alan Robertson »

Can anyone tell me where I can find an AI model of the Tu-160 please?
Regards,

Alan
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Hi,

That and the Tu-95 (which you will also need in the future) should be in here:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/ai-traffic-an ... -2754.html
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Many thanks. Got it now. :D
Regards,

Alan
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

That is going to be a monumental undertaking, but thank you for kicking it off for us 8)
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

delbydoo wrote:That is going to be a monumental undertaking
It is quite the challenge. Finding good info on what is planned for the forces after the consolidation this year seems to be a challenge. Anyway, I'm currently scanning around Google Earth & Terra Serva and counting airframes to try and work out what is where. Real fun!
james84

Post by james84 »

Right, great undertaking indeed!
I got both the Bear and the Bleckjack from the package you mentioned and they work fine.
Maybe somebody will do some updated repaints for those aircrafts (each showing a different name on the fuselage)!
steve63
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by steve63 »

Great job on the flight plans regan123. I just installed them and they work like
a charm.

I hoping the SBAI team might redo the TU160 to bring it to current standards.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Thanks Steve.

I've just decided to head for bed. It's raining in Sydney and there is only so long Test Match Special can keep you going, but a quick update:
I've identified all of the Tu22Ms that I believe they hold and have completed 2.5 air bases in ADE9/AFCAD, flight plans for 1 base and am sketching out the others. I've also got the Tu95s identified and allocated - these need one new ADE9, a couple of waypoints and I hope to release these by the weekend. Sadly many of the air base AFCADs are not accurate in terms of layouts etc. It makes it more of a challenge and has slowed me down more than I expected.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I've got a copy of Combat Aircraft that tries to outline the forces and what is stationed where, needless to say, I thought the USAF was bad, but the Russian Federation takes the cake.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Victory103 wrote:I've got a copy of Combat Aircraft that tries to outline the forces and what is stationed where, needless to say, I thought the USAF was bad, but the Russian Federation takes the cake.
The trouble is, that the Russian Federation classifies pretty much everything. That's what they want to do which is fair enough, but it doesn't make our life any easier doing this!

Just a quick update and teaser pictures. For the bombers to follow you will need the following sceneries for Olenya & Diaghilev, which I've done revised AFCADs for:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-scener ... ts&hl=xlmo
http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-scener ... ts&hl=uywt

You'll also need my Ukrankia, Ostrov and Khabarovsk Bolshoy ADE files which are on this board. Links below:
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =18&t=8763
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =18&t=8675
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =18&t=8684

I've also got new ADE9 files for Solsty-2, Engels-2 and Shaykovka ready to go. Still be reviewed/prepared are Belaya, Vozdvizhenka, Kamenny Ruchey as well as the Arctic staging bases.

Finally a quick teaser:
ImageImage

The first shot shows stored Tu22M3s. You will need to set up a flitsim entry with a parking code of T22S to make these work, which I'll put up with the flight plans.
timbob1
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by timbob1 »

Fantastic work so far, pity I get a CTD when i fly to these bases, I'll find the culprit, it's an old file somewhere on my system :lol:
Regards
Tim

Scenery Designer
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

timbob1 wrote:Fantastic work so far, pity I get a CTD when i fly to these bases, I'll find the culprit, it's an old file somewhere on my system :lol:
They are so annoying those CTDs. Have you tried Process Monitor?

Also, found this info on the Russian Air Force transformation. The English isn't perfect, but it gives you a bit of an idea...

http://www.topmilitarynews.com/russian- ... ggressive/
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

For FSX users I've created an AFCAD using ADE for Z25A/Engels-2. It's been tested in the limited time I have available and with the limited information from the internet and Google Earth and is up to date as per the sat image (Jun 2010). I'll update it if and when required. Please note I use FS Global 2010 mesh, so there may be some elevation issues for users of default or other mesh.

Just extract the 2 files to your \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery folder.

Please let me know if you find anything wrong with the files.
Attachments
engels-2.zip
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

The selected attachment does not exist anymore.

The file ./../files/64_7ddde76edc7b3ad65c1afc055956e711 does not exist.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

I get the same error message, I'll see what I can do.

I can only assume it's a site fault ... Mods, any ideas?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Sorry mate I'm afraid you'll have to upload that file again.

Check this announcement.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

I assume the 'upgrade' also removed the ability to edit the post too, so here's the re-upload ....

No feedback so far, so I'm guessing it's a good un :lol:
Attachments
engels-2.zip
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
timbob1
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by timbob1 »

Funny, the whole of West Russia has disapeared????? But East no prbs. The AI though look fantastic, nice to have some Russian AI on the system. Looking forward to this package.
Tim
Regards
Tim

Scenery Designer
james84

Post by james84 »

CelticWarrior wrote:I assume the 'upgrade' also removed the ability to edit the post too, so here's the re-upload ....

No feedback so far, so I'm guessing it's a good un :lol:
Don't worry, you're not the only one not to get feedback when releasing his own work here! :smt003
As for me, I just installed the Tu-160s and the flightplans work fine.