The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Dans bits & bobs

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: Dans bits & bobs

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Glad you are back in business! PC problems can be a real pain... Next project "still Soviet but bigger and an updated paint kit" my guess is that would be the long awaited Mig-29s?
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

jetpilot1980 wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 11:45 Glad you are back in business! PC problems can be a real pain... Next project "still Soviet but bigger and an updated paint kit" my guess is that would be the long awaited Mig-29s?
I literally put up a picture of it :mrgreen: Just the RMAI An-22's, nothing cryptic in there sadly. That said I'm still working on the MKAI MiG conversions now I'm up to date with things
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Too funny; I thought you were putting up the pic of the AN-22 as part of the East German release...
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

jetpilot1980 wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 15:33 Too funny; I thought you were putting up the pic of the AN-22 as part of the East German release...
I wish, the East Germans never operated the An-22 but I can only imagine how good it would've looked in an NVA camo scheme & markings.

That also said, I have just put something else onto the hangar that I will be cryptic about, all I say is it's not Eastern Bloc this time :D
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Your An-22 looks amazing Dan,

I refrained from using its NATO name there, you'll be glad :oops:

Looking forward to those Mil FPs too. I've been plonking statics down on my coverted sceneries to brighten them up a bit.

Jim
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Dan
Out of interest and without looking are the retro KC-10 all blue and white or are there any Shamu's mixed in
You know what I'm going to ask next? :)

Cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Garysb wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 10:25 Dan
Out of interest and without looking are the retro KC-10 all blue and white or are there any Shamu's mixed in
You know what I'm going to ask next? :)

Cheers

Gary
No shamu's mxed in at all, yet. As soon as I can find out which ones where in that scheme I'll upload a small update to it, but from what I've seen most of the KC-10's in the late 80's were in the blue & white scheme
Dan

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

I've found a cracking website that has what aircraft were in what scheme in 1991, seems about half of them or so were in the shamu scheme & the vast majority had some nose art as well which I'll do
Dan

Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

:)
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

So question regarding the TU-134s... When I visit SBAI / UTT websites it offers the FS2004 Tu-134 for sale... While I would consider the $8 purchase. But before I do have these models been converted to FSX / P3d and if so are the conversions offered for download upon purchase? In terms of Tu-134 I have the MRAI which is freeware for P3d any chance to start using that model instead? Thanks
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

It has indeed been converted to P3D, if you message Sergey via email he'll send you the P3D converted models
Dan

jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Good to know. That would make this worth the buy then. Thanks
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Thanks Dan,
I'm enjoying updating the Warsaw Pact stuff for the DDR.

For the Interflug Tu-154M, I can't find a small texture file for the front of the engine nacelles however. Does anyone have tcai_tu154m_detail.bmp (or .dds) to help me out?

Or is there a conversion pack I'm missing?
Jim
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Hi Jim,

If you could pm me your email address I'll send them both over to you,

Cheers
Dan

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Just a little update,

The KC-10's are now painted up in a mixture of SAC & Shamu schemes as it was in 1991, I've also moved some aircraft around as I can tell what air base they were at. I'd still say about 75% or so is still guesswork. Quite a few of them have nose art as well but I'm missing a few as there aren't any good images of those pieces of nose art.

Also I'll be uploading an update of the East German MiG 29's, I got a couple of the roundels the wrong way around & 3 out the 4 UB models in completely the wrong scheme. In reality they also had individual camo schemes but I'm not doing that this time, I don't have the time or patience to do that. Many thanks to Hartwig to pointing these errors out to me.

Should have both of these uploaded by the end of the week after I've tested them all.
Dan

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Both the East German MiG 29 update & USAF KC-10's have been uploaded to the hangar
Dan

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Thank you very much.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Well done Dan and thanks for doing the KC-10A retro's.

John
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks also needs to go phantomfreak as well who posted what aircraft was based at what station
Dan

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

shaggy22 wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 21:33 I've taken a little break from the Soviet units in Eastern Germany, don't worry they will be restarted very shortly, & I've decided to fill up Eastern Germany with aircraft from the East German Air Force as it was just before re-unification. I've done flightplans for the already released MiG 21's, MiG 23's, Mi-8's & Mi-2's done by Jason Rogers. Everything else I've painted up with the exception of the 2 Il-62's & 2 of the Tu-134's in which all I've done is change the serials from existing liveries, so those will not be released. The military livery of the Tu-134 was done by myself so that one will be included.
Any idea where the TU-134A and Il-62M paint schemes can be downloaded from....hunted usual place to no avail.

Many Thanks

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"