The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

P3Dv4: AI aircraft: Very fast stopping after landing...

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

P3Dv4: AI aircraft: Very fast stopping after landing...

Post by Manschy »

Forgive me if I don't find any possible threat elsewhere (maybe even written by myself :oops: :oops: :oops: ). But today when I did some experiences with my first seasonal textures at RAF Brüggen I again watched really strange behaviours of the AI aircraft.

Especially the C-17 but also all other AI aircraft stop very close after touchdown - it seems they all were modified with STOL technique :D .

Is there any option to maybe change some entires inside the aircraft.cfg file?

The C-17 for example stops after approx 50 metres, jets like the JY Tornados or F-4 Phantoms need less than half of the runway.
Does anybody else notice this?
Each help is much appreciated.
Regards, Manfred.
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: P3Dv4: AI aircraft: Very fast stopping after landing...

Post by hschuit »

I know what you mean, AI traffic has a significantly shorter roll out in P3D than in FS9. There are a few aircraft.cfg parameters you can tweak to increase roll out length:

[GeneralEngineData]
min_throttle_limit: Smaller negative value will increase roll out distance, try e.g. -0.02 instead of -1.00 (note: Only applicable if reverser_available = 1)

[brakes]
toe_brakes_scale: Lower value will increase roll out distance, try e.g. 0.10

[airplane_geometry]
spoiler_limit: Smaller value will increase roll out distance, try e.g. 20 (most fs9 fde's use 60)

There is another one but I try to avoid it:
[flaps.n]
drag_scalar: Smaller value will increase touchdown point with the secundairy effect the aircraft stops further towards the end of the runway.

I have seen more complaints about this behaviour on the AVSIM forum, maybe LM will fix this in 4.5...
Henk.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Thank you so much, Henk! Will change those parametres immediately. I am sure this will help a lot! :D
Regards, Manfred.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Henk - changed the parametres like your suggestions and it works really fine. Thanks again for this hint.
Regards, Manfred.