The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Down your way?

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Down your way?

Post by Stewart Pearson »

I apologise if this has been tried before. I really like that fact that here at MAIW, we have folks from throughout this wee world in which we live. I thought it might be an idea for all of us to post a screenshot from Flight Sim, showing the area in which we live.

As you can tell I live in Scotland about 4 miles outside the city of Perth.

The shot you see is of the River Tay Valley and I live just beyond the ridge above the starboard wing...I would have done the shot directly over my house, but MS has more buildings there than actually exist.

For those in the UK, the main road in the shot is the A90 (between Perth and Dundee)

So how does your home area look?

Cheers

Stew 8)

Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Good idea Stew :)

Well my place is not very sexy in FS! I live somewhere down there between the river (the Dyle valley) and the railroad.

But believe me, ther is a lot more buildings there!!!
Attachments
Home_from_air.jpg
Home_from_air.jpg (90.11 KiB) Viewed 974 times
Pascal
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Here I am!!! :lol:

The red cross is exactly over my head... :wink:

delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Here's me. Beautiful place to fly!

Dan
Attachments
My Home.jpg
My Home.jpg (97.49 KiB) Viewed 875 times
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

jgibson_sniper

Post by jgibson_sniper »

Here's were I live in relations to the Boise (Idaho) airport, also I am a GSA for Horizon Air, so I placed my location for work as well. I get a great view of departing aircraft out of my home office window.
Attachments
Image_070426_215637.jpg
Image_070426_215637.jpg (94.56 KiB) Viewed 756 times
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

jgibson_sniper wrote:Here's were I live in relations to the Boise (Idaho) airport, also I am a GSA for Horizon Air, so I placed my location for work as well. I get a great view of departing aircraft out of my home office window.
Nice short walk to work :D
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
jgibson_sniper

Post by jgibson_sniper »

Yeah I can walk from my front door to my time clock in 13 minutes. it's fast then driving and walking from the employee parking lot.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Well here's my attempt :wink:

I live in the Western Corner of Belgium. My house isn't in the sim, but neither are my neighbours :lol:. In the background: the North Sea, and the approach lights for EBFN Koksijde AB, home base of our Seaking SAR helicopters.
Attachments
HOME.jpg
HOME.jpg (55.36 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

I may be there in early july for the Airshow ;)
Pascal
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

I may be bringing one of our AS350s over for the show.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Cool :smt023
Pascal
magic1085
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by magic1085 »

Here we go...I can't believe how big they made my house in FS! that was nice of them! And that ditch is supposed to be the Erie canal...but it is a small price to pay for having the beauty and hyper-accuracy of the FSGenesis scenery

Looking back from 4 miles up the river at the local Tourist Trap!

ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Ok, I'm going to give this a try. Notice that I have no idea of whay I'm doing in PSP, but will try to get it together soon. I'm located just to the west of a municipal golf course and small fishing lake for little kids, which in turn is just west of IH-35 passing by Temple, TX. The a/c is the A-26B that is based out of Waco, TX (a truly beautiful example), which will be appearing at the airshow held here this coming weekend 4-6 May. This show used to be held in Georgetown, just outside of Austin until a few years back, when an a/c in the show lost power on takeoff, landed straight ahead doing minor damage to someone's house. Rich guys from Austin moving to the country building their homes just off the end of a very active runway are dumb as dirt, but had the power to run the show off, and fortunately Temple was glad to have it. However, it will be a while before it gets as large as it was in Georgetown, only 25-30,000 crowd the first few years (altho weather played a part, and Cinco de Mayo has an effect as well). Anyway, here is my pic of where I live:

[IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... mpleTX.jpg[/IMG]

and in case you are interested a couple of links for the airshow.

Ron

http://www.centraltexasairshow.com/site ... fault.aspx
http://www.centraltexasairshow.com/site ... fault.aspx

Edit: how do I get the pic to show? Meantime you can copy the address to another window and view - sorry!
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I went to that airshow last year. It is tiny.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."