The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

One for the more mature Brits

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

One for the more mature Brits

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Here is yours truly on finals at Llanbedr (EGOD) in Canberra TT.18 (WK128)

In the days when aircraft looked like aircraft :lol:

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Yep, definitely a proper aeroplane!!!
Where did I put my beer??!
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

We had one at EGHH a few years ago for overhaul. The locals jammed the switchboard during its engine runs! Lovely sound....

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

This actual aircraft was at Leuchars a few years back (well a lot!) and took off to rtb to Llanbedr. There was a problem raising the undercarriage which left the nose wheel sitting at 90 deg.

Nothing fazed the pilot, he just brought her round again did a normal approach and slammed it down on runway 27. The front wheel did a nice impression of a shopping trolley wheel, got itself straightened out and the aircraft lifted back off and went on it's merry way.

Actually have a pic that my wife took just before the touchdown, on the wall behind my PC.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Post by Rotten Ralph »

The canberra was a great plane, When I worked in the then Royal Aircraft Establishment we had 4/5 of the raspberry ripple ones. Very nice.
The weirdest one we had was the Met Research Flight canberra with a long pointed nose. In fact, most of the RAE aircraft we had were quite highly modified, Hunters/Comets/BAC 111s/Jaguars/Hawks & my favourate, the Buccaneer.
PS. Stew, where did you get the flight sim canberra from.

Dave
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Stew,
I don't know about you but I am looking forward to that T.22 coming out soon. Definitely the best looking Cranberry.
Steve