The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

CH-53E Super Stallion.

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
mins
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

CH-53E Super Stallion.

Post by mins »

Hello.

Test it. 6 LOD...Not full LOD.

Start on a powerful Monday.

https://mega.nz/#!ak8nlAyK!5Gdd1XrahtR5 ... VLTyLT4mYg

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: CH-53E Super Stallion.

Post by John Young »

Powerfull Monday indeed Mins! You have made a great step forward in your modelling. I can verify that you have 6 LODs:

LOD. Poly Count. Draw Calls.
1. 6556 24
2. 6144 22
3. 5439 22
4. 4059 22
5. 3647 22
6. 2039 6

I've also checked the transition in FS9 and you have it very smooth. Well done again.

You could add a paper aeroplane as LOD 7. This is the one I made for my AW-139 and it has just 66 polygons:

Draw the shape with a plane, then clone it and flip the normals on the clone so you have black on the other side too and then attach the two parts together. Simple.

You are probably restricted in reducing draw calls with that model, but for an aircraft with a pilot, gear and an undercarriage, you should be able to achieve a more progressive reduction in draw calls.

I'm not going to push you too hard, but start to think about how you would cut out the windows and create an interior. If you can slice a plane without affecting adjacent planes, you are well on your way to be able to do this.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: CH-53E Super Stallion.

Post by Victory103 »

Great job mins, I hope this makes it into the FSX/P3D conversion.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris