The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Koninklijke Luchtmacht (KLu - RNLAF) F-35A's

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
RNLAF_KB
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Koninklijke Luchtmacht (KLu - RNLAF) F-35A's

Post by RNLAF_KB »

The Royal Netherlands Air Force has 8 F-35A's from RNLAF 323SQN permanently based/stationed at Edwards Air Force Base (KEDW) for training, evaluation, and testing purposes. The flight plans for these jets have been made by me. (F-001 t/m F-008). All the following jets will be based in the Netherlands. RNLAF 322SQN (Polly Parrot) based at Leeuwarden AB (EHLW) is the first squadron in the Netherlands that has fully transitioned to the F-35A's. The remaining F-16AM/BM's have been transferred to Volkel AB (EHVK).

The flightplans for 322SQN aren't my own but I have edited them to contain the F-35A instead of the F-16AM/BM.
The flightplans for 323SQN (KEDW) are based on available flightplans, I just modified/expanded them.

Enjoy the images ;)

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Z3bx5G2

p.s. EHLW is also the location where Frisian Flag is held, so there's a lot of foreign traffic.

Interesting fact: Multiple Dutch Squadrons/units are currently stationed in the USA.

1. AH-64's & CH-47's at Fort Hood for Training/OCU --> RNLAF 302SQN at Fort Hood
2. F-16AM/BM's at Tucson for OCU --> RNLAF Detachment attached to 162nd Fighter Wing of the Arizona ANG
3. F-35A's at Edwards AFB for training, testing, and evaluation --> RNLAF 323SQN at Edwards AFB
gvbeek
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Re: Koninklijke Luchtmacht (KLu - RNLAF) F-35A's

Post by gvbeek »

Research my friend;
All the Dutch USA-based F-35's are at Luke AFB and are part of the 308th FS.
- Gert van B.
RNLAF_KB
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by RNLAF_KB »

Hoi,

Talking about research....according to defensie.nl this squadron is at Edwards AFB for testing and evaluation.

https://www.defensie.nl/organisatie/luc ... /squadrons

It's either that their information is old or I don't know.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Nederlands F-35 are at Luke, not Edwards.

https://www.scramble.nl/planning/orbats ... force-navy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

There are two nations with testing sqns at Edwards. The RAF with 17 Sqn and the RNLAF with 323 Sqn.

However, the Dutch training is done at Luke with the 308th FS. The unit was set up to train Dutch and Danish crews.
From what I have seen the 308th have all the allocated Dutch F-35s in the US, so whether 323 borrows aircraft when needed or uses US aircraft, or possibly RAF ones, I do not know.
Steve
RNLAF_KB
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by RNLAF_KB »

A very confusing situation. I'll probably just allocate F-001 and F-002 to Edwards, and the remaining F-003 till F-008 to Luke AFB as a compromise. I'll probably release some screenshots by next week!