The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

A different Version of RAF Coningsby-by UKMIL

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

John

Duncan Sandys was right in the end, just ahead of his time!

barry
Barry
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Are the Harriers and heritage birds true AI? Good looking stuff. We don't care about advertising other's work here. We don't make money off of this! As has been said, we are here to promote military AI.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

BadPvtDan wrote:Are the Harriers and heritage birds true AI? Good looking stuff. We don't care about advertising other's work here. We don't make money off of this! As has been said, we are here to promote military AI.
I didn't see the harrier at all. The Lanc, Hurri and Spitfire make a circuit as do the tornadoes, Typhoons, and Jags. The Jets go off to other bases on an IFR flight plan.
GZR_SACTARGETS
hermit

Post by hermit »

A Dakota in WWII RAF Camo flew (very low) over my house twice, within half an hour, a few weeks ago. Would that have been the 'heritage' jobbie?

I have had Tonkas, Harriers, Sea Kings, Chinooks and Hercs in the past but that was the first time a Dakota came over.

I'm high up on the north side of the Derwent valley just west of Matlock, Derbyshire. No idea where they are all going to or coming from.

john.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

btaylo24 wrote:John

Duncan Sandys was right in the end, just ahead of his time!

barry
Hi Barry

In hindsight he was right. Unfortunately he wrecked the British aviation industry with his policies at the time.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

There are a couple of helo sets at UKMIL also. I only have the Chinooks loaded but they do take off and fly from Odiham. Helo AI are fairly rare.
There is also a set for a rescue squardon. I installed it but have yet to track down the base of operations.

Last edited by GZR_Sactargets on 10 Sep 2007, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
GZR_SACTARGETS
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF) fly various sorties over the weekend and in varying quantities - Lanc and 2 spits, spit and hurri, Dak and Lanc and so on; for example yesterday the Mk V Spitfire flew over my garden at 200 feet and +300 knots - blooming marvellous, then about half an hour later the Dak flew over again; we get free flying displays most weekends and watching the Lanc coming in on the downwind leg at 200 or so feet is bloody impressive when it's right (and I mean right!!) over your head......I feel very lucky to have these guys as my neighbours. As for the scenery I have to say that I found the happy medium of John Youngs scenery with the MAIW traffic, a happy medium; not badding the MAIW scenery but Johns is more to my liking and that is the choice I made after looking at BOTH - like was said, 18 months ago we would have been sreaming for either , now we are getting the choice and long may it be so. Well done to ALL concerened and a BEEG thank you
and nice screenies GZR.......
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

BadPvtDan wrote:Are the Harriers and heritage birds true AI?
From Readme.txt : "These aircraft are NOT true AI aircraft and do not use multi Lods."

:cry:
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I think the BBMF were flying at the Duxford show over the weekend which may explain the activity.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

bismarck wrote:
BadPvtDan wrote:Are the Harriers and heritage birds true AI?
From Readme.txt : "These aircraft are NOT true AI aircraft and do not use multi Lods."

:cry:
They look like AI and Fly like AI. Perhaps they mean they include multi-lod in their definition of AI. Frame rates are very good for 'standard' aircraft. They are not in the menu as flyable. Beats me what that may mean.
GZR_SACTARGETS
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

They are probably "converted" flyable aircraft. Our definition of AI..or perhaps this originated with AI Aardvark?...low poly, multi-lod aircraft designed for AI use only.

I was hoping they created some new AI.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

BadPvtDan wrote:They are probably "converted" flyable aircraft. Our definition of AI..or perhaps this originated with AI Aardvark?...low poly, multi-lod aircraft designed for AI use only.

I was hoping they created some new AI.
I think you are correct. They have a chipmunk, Jaguar, and Tornado package and two helicopter sets at their website. I opened the Tornado and it is textures for the PAI set. I didn't install it since the Tornado was included in the Coningsby AI package
GZR_SACTARGETS