The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Some MAIW works in FSX with SP2

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Some MAIW works in FSX with SP2

Post by gsnde »

For those interested in how MAIW aircrafts look in FSX with SP2.

The Lancer

The Spirit

The Warthog

The Typhoon

The Tornado

The Phantom

The Tomcat

The Eagle

The Raptor

And here a teaser for Pascals great bird (in all possible meanings) coming soon:

The Galaxy

Hopefully they will have some Gripens and Hornets as company soon

Cheers,
Martin :wink:
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Nice shots Martin :D

I see there are still some canopy transparency issues in SP2. I'm really looking forward to the C-5!
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

CelticWarrior wrote:I see there are still some canopy transparency issues in SP2
Yep. The black material issue is resolved thanks to Microsoft. Canopies and props are still open.

Props I have repaired several by replacing not-working ones with good ones from other aircrafts. 8)
Thanks to my complete ignorance when it comes to modeling I have no clue if and how the canopy issues can be resolved.

Cheers,
Martin
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by ugo1 »

Hi Martin,

How you have solved the prop proplem? Also You use the service pack 2 with DX10 or DX9?

Regards

Ugo
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Hi Ugo,

I am running FSX with SP2 on Vista 32 Business with DirectX9 - I don't have a DirectX10 capable graphics card. SP2 has solved many issues and is also a better performer.

As for the prop problem. There are several. One is that by looking through a rotating prop things like e.g. clouds can't be seen. Though this is not very nice, you can live with it. I have not yet found a cure for this.

The other issue happening with prop is that you see kind of a massive disk instead of the blurr you would expect from a prop. This you can fix either by editing the prop texture and work the alpha channel or you can just replace the whole prop texture with one from another aircraft where it works correctly.

The Shockwave Forum has many good threads about how to fix these issues. They are very supportive to help their customers to get their products running with FSX.

Edited: I just have seen your other question regarding the prop. Looks like you have a problem with a specific aircraft. Which one is it?

Cheers,
Martin
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

H

Post by ugo1 »

Hi Martin

I also notice the two problems with props blades. If with the first one I can live the second one is to bad. The major problems are with Henry's prop aircrafts. Can you send me the prop texture file you use or link the page where explain how to edit it?

Regards

Ugo
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

There is a Repaint Manager (freeware) from Flight1 that might be helpful. I don't know, as for now I don't have a reason to check it out, but you might give it a look see!

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Ron
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I will check out those props. You could make things for me much easier if you would tell me what props you are talking about: I guess the Beechcraft 1900 and the C-12 Huron?

Anyway, I will check them out and place the results here...

Cheers,
Martin
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I see what you mean, Ugo. The method which for me so far has fixed every prop problem fails here. I will look into it. Might take some days, though...

Cheers,
Martin
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ugo1 »

Hi Martin,

my problem is on all henry props (including Cessna and C130). I'm supposing that he used the same file or one or variation. Also the ATR by PAI is affected.

Regards

Ugo
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ugo1 »

Hi Martin,

I just found this tutorial and it works

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2 ... x-sp2.aspx

Now I must see some screenshot from fs9 to give the right alpha :-)

Question: the prop problems are also in the SP1?

Regards

Ugo
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Hi Ugo,

I just found back the right state of my mind 8)

I was fumbling with the textures of one aircraft while looking in the sim at another aircraft which - naturally - was very much unimpressed and kept showing the ugly prop disk. Too old, too late or just too stupid....

Is this what you are looking for (FSX SP2) ?

2 * Albert

2 * Huron

Cheers,
Martin
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ugo1 »

Hi Martin,

You center my problem (I have the circle made by the blade very dark) and seem you solved it well. With the tutorial I posted I obtain a more trasparency effect. Which parameter you used?

Also do you know if in the service pack 1 there was this problem (I'm thinking to swich to SP1)?

Regards

Ugo
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Hi Ugo,

I scanned the tutorial that you have referred to. I am following the same script when I work on props. The one thing that does not seem right is:
(the darker, the more transparent)
Transparency in FSX is caused by a white alpha channel. So if you select a very light grey as your background you will get the same effect like on my pictures.

Cheers,
Martin
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Sorry, I missed the second part of your question. I don't know if this problem existed in SP1.

But I would go to SP2, because (for me) it feels much better in terms of performance, I have seen no problems I can not fix (with the exception of the Carr2006 package, but I must be the only person on earth using that package), and it will be the standard up to the release of the next FS generation.

Cheers,
Martin
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ugo1 »

Hi

thanks for the helpfull support a last question: the blade are fixed image or you can see the rotation effect?

Regards

Ugo
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Rotating like a little devil over here :D, otherwise I would feel cheated. Why do you ask, Ugo? Don't you see the rotation effect?

Cheers,
Martin
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ugo1 »

Hi Martin,
Sorry if I'm continuing to hijacked your topic. Yes I can see the rotation effect but until the takeoff after the effect disappeard.

Regards

Ugo
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Hi Ugo,

Yes, in mid-air it is not very much obvious any more, although I doubt that it has really stopped. Send me your mail address via PM, the I send you an alternative prop texture.

And you don't have to worry about hijacking this thread...

Cheers,
Martin