The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Akrotiri

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
neil
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Akrotiri

Post by neil »

Hi all, nothing special,

but im working on a private scenery for Akrotiri, just a couple of screenshots, the ramp half full....the good old days....

and an F3 just about to roll over the SLOW end cable, with a caravan in view... just gotta get some building in there now....hence the begging previously for files..lol

:wink:

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Neil,
Akrotiri has been crying out to be done, I am glad that somebody is doing and filling it with proper aircraft too.
Does it have the Vulcan on the pan, it was there in my time, and the U-2 as well? Do you have an estimated release date yet?
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

LOL in the other thread he was told that there is no release date for the files he asked for and here somebody asks for his release date :lol:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
neil
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by neil »

LOL well all i can say is.....DOH!

the only buildings i have to use are from payware packages, and from other peoples sources, i am making my own AI, and the scenery will be nothing like the real thing im guessing!!!!!

as i mentioned before, i havent got the foggiest as to how to put together ascenery package for others to use anyway, im just learning, and my skills are limited. :oops:

i might not have a vulcan, but i certainly will have an AI victor and canberra flitting around with these tooms....
and yes a U2 as well..........

sorry to disapoint! :(
although im flattered you asked!
Fastair
Captain
Captain

Post by Fastair »

AI Victor and Canberra !!!
Interesting, will these be your creations or have I missed something somewhere ?

Regards,
neil
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by neil »

they are available, drop me a pm!!
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Here's LCRA, how the Tileproxy sees it:

I can even see some Tornados and U-2s(?) scattered there by some MAIW packages 8)
Do proceed with your project, I like the region (I think I even saw Jaguar(?) distant fly past, when I was on Cyprus in real life 2005 ...).
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
neil
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by neil »

what screenie is that from, it looks awesome

in the time i served there we had all kinds.....

so every mil a/c is doable..... :wink:
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

Does this building look familiar?

Made by Pops at UKMIL (Who just happens to be stationed there!) :lol:
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

neil wrote:what screenie is that from, it looks awesome...
Look here: TILEPROXY for FS9 or FSX - have you ever tried this?: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... php?t=2906
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
Pops
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Pops »

Wow! Tileproxy looks the terrier's testes! I've meddled with it but cannot get it to play for love nor money! Does that tile stay permanently? Or does it have to 'load' every time?

Any tips greatly received. Work's busy, so building has taken a wee bit of a back seat, including my attempt at TPMH (bloody complicated structure once you get up close and personal, which I do every day!).

I'm sure the landclass needs extending, particularly the zevgari cape where the hospital is built. There seems to be no cliffs on the southern shore line (they're up to ?70 meters and near vertical in places and slope gently down towards TPMH. Anyone good with landclass sculpting?