The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Galaxy in Green

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
monkie
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Galaxy in Green

Post by monkie »

Euro One, fictional generic AFRES markings.
Attachments
GLXY2.jpg
GLXY2.jpg (221.63 KiB) Viewed 606 times
GLXY5.jpg
GLXY5.jpg (222.36 KiB) Viewed 606 times
monkie
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by monkie »

Euro One, fictional generic AFRES markings.
Attachments
GLXY7.jpg
GLXY7.jpg (203.06 KiB) Viewed 604 times
GLXY22.jpg
GLXY22.jpg (167.95 KiB) Viewed 604 times
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

LOL, that didn't take long! Nice work, you should vary the cammo patterns so they all look slightly different.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
monkie
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by monkie »

Thank you.

It would look more realistic with varied patterns but I often wonder about the added load times for multiple textures even on the same model. On my personal set up I never have more than a couple of textures for one model to reduce texture loading stutter or at least I hope it's helping.

JC
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Psuls »

great ! :D
Pascal
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

monkie wrote: I often wonder about the added load times for multiple textures even on the same model. On my personal set up I never have more than a couple of textures for one model to reduce texture loading stutter or at least I hope it's helping.
Based solely on my experience and reading the avsim forums, I don't think a couple extra textures/sets (within reason) is that big a deal. Consider the number of different paints and the number of different aircraft an airline like Southwest uses at one of their hubs. I haven;t noticed any serious FPS drag.

OTOH, a factor that definitely makes a differences is the size and number of textures per aircraft. Some of the original SKJ aircraft repaints were the worst for me. When I ran FS9, different formats BMP/DXT made noticeable differences, I believe, due to the size of the files.

One last obvious thing, obviously hardware specs make a difference. 4Gigs of Ram, a defragged hard drive and a quad core CPU and even FSX can run (relatively) fine at Heathrow or LAX at the busiest of times.

Just my take.

Added note. If you really wanted to test the effects, Christian Muenier uploaded some test files on avsim recently where you could load a number of aircraft to see the load effects in FSX. Even if you don't use FSX, you could check out his read me. Basically what he does is load a bunch of different a/c in a deserted area, write down the FPS, reload using different a/c, repeat. He makes reference to some one else's work, supposedly for FS9 I think.

Ford
monkie
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by monkie »

I forgot to mention that I feel this is one of the most impressive AI aircraft I've ever seen produced for FS. I'm amazed at how well it looks for such a low poly count and the moving control surfaces in flight look fantastic.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The gear for me is the most impressive thing. Watch it after take off, its awesome. Use something TVB to watch it take off from the front or front quarter. Outstanding stuff.
Steve
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

monkie wrote:I forgot to mention that I feel this is one of the most impressive AI aircraft I've ever seen produced for FS. I'm amazed at how well it looks for such a low poly count and the moving control surfaces in flight look fantastic.
:oops:

Thank you very much... :)
Pascal