The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Some NASA T-38's

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Some NASA T-38's

Post by djnocturnal »

i plan on doing a package for the nasa t-38's i just to get more info on them, are they all based out of Ellington Field? i've seen two sit out here at KELP whenever i've been there. any info would be much appreciated :)
anyway here are the screenies...

Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by Ford Friendly »

At least 1 is based out of Dryden Flight Research Center http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/airc ... index.html

Same link indicates Langley was its former home. Possibly more there?
Cowboymarine1593
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cowboymarine1593 »

damn ur quick to put stuff togeather, didnt they just release the paint kit lol
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

Cowboymarine1593 wrote:damn ur quick to put stuff togeather, didnt they just release the paint kit lol
lol yeah i kind of had this one worked out before the paintkit, i had attempted to make my own so i basically just transfered what i had done over to the paint kit.
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

That NASA scheme looks dead smart - nice one!
Where did I put my beer??!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

From what I can tell flying in and out of the Houston area, looks like most are based at Ellington. Great repaint and can't wait for the USNTPS T-38's to be painted up soon.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

glad you guys like the paints, i was thinking about doing those as well. are they still in the same scheme?
http://www.thenorthspin.com/photos_offi ... ous/38.jpg
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

I got a "no permissions to enter" screen, so here's the pic I can see of the USNTPS T-38.

djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

Ford Friendly wrote:I got a "no permissions to enter" screen, so here's the pic I can see of the USNTPS T-38.

ah, not sure what happened but yeah thats it, wouldn't be too hard too paint.
pgd
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Some NASA T-38's

Post by pgd »

djnocturnal wrote:i plan on doing a package for the nasa t-38's i just to get more info on them, are they all based out of Ellington Field? i've seen two sit out here at KELP whenever i've been there. any info would be much appreciated :)
While flying around the Orlando area, we'd see them come into Cape Canaveral w/the astronauts a few days prior to a shuttle launch. They would land on the Shuttle Landing Facility runway (KTTS). Parking was on the SOUTH ramp area. Hope this helps fuel some ideas :idea: I can help with an AFCAD for KTTS.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Have a "Combat Aircraft" mag with a article on the USNTPS program. Paint looks the same and that story was only a year or two old.

Most of the USAF IFF T-38A/C's would be easy to repaint, just tailcodes. I believe the Edwards AFB T-38's are still "white" jets.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

is anyone planning on doing a package for the USNTPS t-38's?
If not i could paint them just shoot me some serials!
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Nice.

Reminds me - I must get around to updating them with the clear reflective canopies!!!
bitburgeaglekeeper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bitburgeaglekeeper »

Although no NASA T-38s are based in the Phoenix area we see them all the time at Gateway (KIWA) usually on fuel stops between Edwards and El Paso or Ellington.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 239461.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 280136.jpg
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 6192 »

if your strugling with flightplans all nasa aircraft can be tracked across the united states, also you can browse all previous flightplans to give you an idea of where they go, maybe this website will help http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KEF ... rcrafttype

regards

dan h
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Weescotty wrote:Nice.

Reminds me - I must get around to updating them with the clear reflective canopies!!!
That would be sweet...
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by awj112 »

6192 wrote:if your strugling with flightplans all nasa aircraft can be tracked across the united states, also you can browse all previous flightplans to give you an idea of where they go, maybe this website will help http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KEF ... rcrafttype

regards

dan h
Flightaware rules! The only thing it can't track are military flights for obvious reasons.
igorski
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by igorski »

There is a NASA T-38 package somewhere in the works with MAIW, I distinctly remember spending a couple hours doing all the NASA T-38 textures one day! :wink:
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

igorski wrote:There is a NASA T-38 package somewhere in the works with MAIW, I distinctly remember spending a couple hours doing all the NASA T-38 textures one day! :wink:
hehe yeah i didn't find out untill after i posted these screenshots, oh well.
i try. :lol:
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Weescotty wrote:Nice.

Actually, I ve been playing around with the paintkit and the canopy appears to be clear and reflective (maybe I'm doing something wrong?). Anyway, I've attached a couple of screenies. These are N864NA and N863NA at Dryden. I've been Googling for info, and it seems that all of NASA's T-38Ns are updated T-38Cs with bigger engine inlets, and ejection seat ugrades, except for these two ships, which are actually AT-38Bs. It seems that NASA has 36 or so all total, and most of them are based out of Ellington Field, though I think two are at Langley, and one is at Ames.

Nasa's N numbers work like this: NxnnNA, where the x is a number identifying where the aircradt is based (5=Langley AFB, 7=Ames (Moffett), 8=Dryden (Edwards AFB), and 9=JSC (Ellington Field)). It's tough to figure out the paint scheme for the T-38s, as the T-38s at Dryden seem to have blue stripes that go right to the black anti-glare paint on top of the nose, others at JSC have stripes come to a point before they hit the nose of the plane, and some have stripes that go all the way to the nose of the plane, and then meet underneath.

The paintkit is really nice but takes some getting used to, in that since it's not marked, you have to experiment to find the areas on the sheet color that color the parts on the model. But it's pretty intuitive. Mainly, my problems came from trying to figure out what areas painted the antennas. Also, the mapping makes things that you put on the foreward sides of the fuselage curve toward the top, so it's a bit tricky making that anti-glare paint go all the way to the nose. Also, it's hard to get the stripes on the engine, since trying to get it low enough to be level with the stripes on the fuselage, will make them go under the elevators, which makes it look different from the actual planes. And you can't make te stripes too fat because as you get to the engine inlet, it cus off the top of the stripe.

But boy this sure is great, and it is really neat to see the NASA birds flying.
Attachments
NASA - N864NA -2.jpg
NASA - N864NA -2.jpg (47.94 KiB) Viewed 557 times