The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Couple more from tonight

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Couple more from tonight

Post by MIKE JG »

Dusted off some of my helicopters that haven't seen any action in a long time.....

BTW, if you haven't gotten these new high definition clouds for FS9, give them a try. You will not regret it. I think they have to be one of the finest FREEWARE additions for FS9 that I've ever gotten my hands on.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: Couple more from tonight

Post by lewis »

Hi Mike
Which helos are these? In particular, the AH-1.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Lewis,
Alphasim models. Mike, did repaint the Cobra in the Marpat?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

I didn't do the marpat scheme, someone else did but I believe I got it from AVSIM at the time so not sure if it survived. Same guy did a "European" marpat scheme as well that looks pretty good. Maybe they're on Flightsim as well.
-Mike G.

ED_4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ED_4 »

Those helicopters sure looked like they've been through some battles.

Nice looking clouds indeed. But do they hit your FPS and if not do you think you need a beefy system to even handle those? And where can I find those if they are freeware?
Edwin

james84

Post by james84 »

Fantastic ones!
Do those clouds affect framerates?
Sloeber
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Sloeber »

ED_4 wrote:Those helicopters sure looked like they've been through some battles.

Nice looking clouds indeed. But do they hit your FPS and if not do you think you need a beefy system to even handle those? And where can I find those if they are freeware?
I'd say that it was HDE.ZIP at Flightsim.com...
Very recent upload (but correct me if wrong.. ;))
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes I believe that's it. The author provides multiple sets of the textures, with lower quality ones for lower end systems. I've not seen any significant impact on my frame rates from these clouds, but I am using the lower end textures.

I've also recently installed Real Environment Pro, another amazing freeware addition. These two addons have transformed the look of my weather and sky to the point where I'm finally, after 5 years of tweaking, content with how things look. The enhancements from the REP files are the best atmosphere textures I've used, they really make the sunsets and sunrises look real!

I believe both these addons are available on flightsim these days.
-Mike G.

ED_4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ED_4 »

MIKE JG wrote:Yes I believe that's it. The author provides multiple sets of the textures, with lower quality ones for lower end systems. I've not seen any significant impact on my frame rates from these clouds, but I am using the lower end textures.

I've also recently installed Real Environment Pro, another amazing freeware addition. These two addons have transformed the look of my weather and sky to the point where I'm finally, after 5 years of tweaking, content with how things look. The enhancements from the REP files are the best atmosphere textures I've used, the really make the sunsets and sunrises look real!

I believe both these addons are available on flightsim these days.

For some low end textures on the clouds, they sure look great. Thanks for the response on that. I'm getting both of those environment enhancements as I type here. Thanks for the reference.
Edwin