The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Reducing Screenshot Size To Upload To The Forum

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Reggie
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Reducing Screenshot Size To Upload To The Forum

Post by Reggie »

I tried to upload a screenshot of my T-6 repaint and it says the file is too large. Any suggestions?

reggie
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Reducing Screenshot Size To Upload To The Forum

Post by f4nutter »

each screen shot posted here can only be a maximum of 1000 pixels wide any bigger will be rejected.
what web site is hosting your images ? there should be an edit to change your image size with them.
Reggie
Captain
Captain

Post by Reggie »

I'm not sure I follow you. I'm brand new at this. I'm just sending the screenshots from my save pics through the forum to add to my thread.

Like down below here where it says "Upload Attachment". I'm just trying to attach the pics there.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

We encourage everyone to link their pictures from a third party site like Simviation or Flickr or Imageshack, something along those lines.

Most websites, including this one place size limits on the images that they allow to be uploaded/attached. This serves several purposes including keeping the forums running quickly and making it easier to browse through pictures.

Most screen captures need to be edited to be able to meet the size limits that most forums request. To do this you need a good screen shot editor. I HIGHLY recommend IrfanView as it is an excellent and powerful program which is freeware. You can download it here.

Once you have edited your images, you can then upload them to a third party site and then link them here as straight image links (full url addresses) or you can take the full web address and wrap it in the img tags (just use the "Img" button in the editor) to make them show up as linked images.

It's really quite easy once you figure out the process.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log