The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

bgl file flops in FSX

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
qjack
Cadet
Cadet
Version: MSFS

bgl file flops in FSX

Post by qjack »

I know enough to be vewy vewy dangerous so need assist.

I used RPP Fgen V1.0 and Traffic tools to create AI traffic (windows 7 and fsx). No matter what I do, my traffic.bgl file overrides the default fsx aircraft.bgl file. In other words, I can choose to either have default traffic or my traffic, not both. I am certain that the error is mine but my scratching is rapidly increasing my bald spot.
:oops: Qjack
jetmax
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: bgl file flops in FSX

Post by jetmax »

Are you giving your custom BGL file it's own name?

Cheers
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

qjack wrote:I know enough to be vewy vewy dangerous so need assist.

I used RPP Fgen V1.0 and Traffic tools to create AI traffic (windows 7 and fsx). No matter what I do, my traffic.bgl file overrides the default fsx aircraft.bgl file. In other words, I can choose to either have default traffic or my traffic, not both. I am certain that the error is mine but my scratching is rapidly increasing my bald spot.
:oops: Qjack
RPP Fgen V1.0 this tool produces FS9 traffic files, if you run them in FSX you loose all your FSX traffic. So you must convert the FS9 files to FSX before you install.

Mark
Mark
qjack
Cadet
Cadet
Version: MSFS

Post by qjack »

Wow!. You gents are fast. Yes I use a unique name for my bgl file.
Mike,
RRp Fgen states that it works for FSX too so you're observation caught me a little off guard. I just don't know how to convert FS9 to FSX.

The good news is that at 70 yrs old I'm still getting an education.
Jack