The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Which Core should you use for FS9

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Which Core should you use for FS9

Post by maddog65 »

Was wondering if anybody has their FS9 set to use a different core than the main one on multi-core processors?

I know when I run my BF2 game I had some CTD issues with WIN7 64 bit and one of the fixes I found was to do this;
create a file with name BF2.BAT and saved it on folder \Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2
Inside the file BF2.BAT write....
start /affinity 70 BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

In my case, I have 8 cores, so, I am using cpu 7 for BF2.

Change the number after /affinity accordingly.

1 for cpu 0 <- which you should not use
2 for cpu 1
4 for cpu 2
8 for cpu 3
10 for cpu 4
20 for cpu 5
40 for cpu 6
80 for cpu 7

So basically my question is by doing this will I see a improvement in FS9?

Thanks
Les
Les
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Which Core should you use for FS9

Post by f4nutter »

there's a programme out there called "FS 2004 Affinity" i think thats its name ! which allows you to use all your 8 core's to run FS2004 i use it.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: Which Core should you use for FS9

Post by campbeme »

f4nutter wrote:there's a programme out there called "FS 2004 Affinity" i think thats its name ! which allows you to use all your 8 core's to run FS2004 i use it.
I use it also on my Quad. The programme only uses one core at a time for FS9, but swapes cores every few miliseconds, which does somehow smooth flying on my set up.

Matk
Mark