The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Target Frame Rate

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Target Frame Rate

Post by DaleRFU »

This is probably a stupid question but what does this do? and What setting have you got?

Regards
Dale
:smt006
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Target Frame Rate

Post by Firebird »

You set a frame rate that you want to achieve and the system will keep to that limit that you set.
Now it should be said that this is not the easiest overclocking tool ever, in that it is designed to free up unnecessary processing.

An example of its use is online flying. Most sites have a limit of around 20fps, as this is about the limit of data that most participants can safely achieve and therefore the best experience for all - due to the data transfer in online flying.

It should also be said that the standard rate that films are shot is 24fps, as this appears smooth to all and there are a lot of people that can't tell the difference between 24 and say 48fps. On an unlimited FS9 system I occasionally got 200fps, but realistically what is the point.

Save your processing cycles so that you can get a smoother overall game experience. I set mine at 28fps.
Steve
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Re: Target Frame Rate

Post by DaleRFU »

Ok Thanks Steve :D
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy