The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Installation Problems - Windows 7?

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Installation Problems - Windows 7?

Post by pcremin »

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my operating system to Windows 7 64bit. I followed the various topics relating to installation problems into windows 7 and followed the advice by running FS9 in its own unique folder on C:/ rather than program files. I finally managed to get WOAI files and MAIW loading into the correct files, but now don't seem to have any AI aircraft. I can confirm that the AFCAD's seem to have loaded correctly into scenery files and I have adjusted traffic to 100% but still no static ai or traffic. I would be grateful for your help.

Regards

pcremin
LEBTowerGuy

Re: Installation Problems - Windows 7?

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

are you running the installer as administrator?
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

i thought i had in respect of WOAI but do i have to do that with the MAIW direct installed packages as well?
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

for me, if it has the little windows shield next to the icon I will run as admin just in case.
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

Matt

Thanks for you support; now have the aircraft for the maiw direct download files, still haven't found the solution for the woai files. I now seem to have a separate problem in that FS9 wont allow me to add the scenery files in the normal way, anny suggestions?

Thanks

pcremin
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by Weescotty »

Scenery folder is a known issue with Windows 7.

Way around it -
Add it as you would normally, on pressing OK nothing happens.
Click the go back one level icon, looks like a folder with an up arrow.
The scenery will then get added.