The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

FSX Crashing

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Flash34
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

FSX Crashing

Post by Flash34 »

Not sure what to make of this problem. I recently tried loading my FSX and it crashed. I have never had this happen before. My flying menu will load the aircraft to the departure airport I want and then will freeze up and shut down to my desktop. Windows will not even reload FSX......I ran both the FSX and Acceleration disks to repair the program but the problem still persists. Any ideas ?
Derek S.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: FSX Crashing

Post by BadPvtDan »

Tried a different aircraft? Different airport?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I would try the samething as with FS9 issues. Try renaming the FSX.cfg file and letting the system rebuild a new one. It could simply be a corrupt cfg file.
Steve
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I read that as he got the aircraft to load then it crashed. Thinking corrupt texture. No?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."